Wicked

Breaking Free Of This Hell

I sat in the corner of my new room. My raven black hair fell all around me, shrouding my face from the bright light. I almost live here now. The cushioned room was white, and I was in a straight jacket. I can barely walk or even see straight because I'm always drugged out of my mind. Well, that's not and accurate choice of words. I can't walk or see straight because I'm on drugs that temporarily disable me. Every hour, on the hour, blue pills, red pills.

One of them is anti-depressants. I know that because Gerard took them in sixth grade. I don't know what the others are, but they taste like mold. Fortunately I get out today well, some time today. I get a week away from my room every other week, and I officially live with my dad. Daddy loves me more than life itself, and he's a writer. He replaced all my CD's and posters... and half of my clothes. I love him so much. To my greatest displeasure, Karen visited me yesterday. That whore kicked me while I was freshly drugged. Argh... I loath her.

"Hello Ms. Samantha! Time to go, your dad's here." said the falsely cheery male-nurse said, carting a wheelchair. Now, I've been in this program for four weeks, this would be the end of number four. The man helped me up, but my knees were still too week, and had to lift me into the chair. My dad is trying to get me out of this. But he needs my mo -- I mean, Karen's signature since she put me here in the first place.

About a month ago, I attacked her you see, when I got out of the hospital, she was sitting on the couch like the lazy ass she is and I jumped on her, pounding the living hell out of her face. I enjoyed every blow I put to her, the only time I actually enjoyed my knuckles being skinned and bleeding. She still has a few cuts on her forehead and left cheek from my nails. Daddy piggy-backed me to his van. It was a forest green, and still shiny like it was last week.

"Dear, you have to eat more. You're like a feather!"

"They don't give me anything that isn't very solid... and most of it's loaded with powdered medication." I said, frustrated and sticking my tongue out at the man-nurse, who in turn, flicked me off.

"Did you get Karen's siggy yet? You can trick her, it's not illegal. I looked it up." I sunk low farther in the comfy middle seat, my as-of-now useless legs lying there, wobbling carelessly. I was toying with my Black Sabbath hoodie. The imprints of where I would lay down on my arms and the buckles would jab into me were on my arms. They stung a bit.

"How did you get a hold of a computer?"

"The physco ward has a library open on Wednesdays."

"Have you heard from Gerard and they guys lately?" I asked as it flew to my head, which is weird, I shouldn't be able to do that quite yet....

"No hunny, I haven't. Here we are! Home sweet home." we slowly pulled into the driveway, the gravel crackling under the tires.

"Damn skippy...." I mumbled into my chest.

I saw a kinda tall, kinda short figure jumping up and down on my front porch. He had a faux hawk, the sides of his hair were dyed red, the rest black. Another, taller, figure had shaggy, unkempt hair that hung in his eyes. A tall blond, who's hair was swept over one eye, and another... who's hair was a dead give away.

"Guys!" I scooted to the edge of the seat, letting my legs dangling limply over the edge.

"Sam! You're back! And you can speak!"

"Yeah, they docked my dosage a few milligrams, so now I can talk, but I still can't walk very much, and my sight won't clear up for another five or ten minutes." I said, Gerard's head was a black and white ball of blur. I felt big hands grope at my waist as I was lifted. I was thrown over someones shoulder.

"Who's ass is this? It looks like... Frank's?"

"I hope I don't have Frank's tiny ass!" said Gerard.

"Oh... yeah now that I can see it closer than necessary, it is your ass Gee! If you fart... I'll kill you!" Everyone's laughs stopped; I sighed.

"I was joking! How about you guys stop taking my sarcasm so fucking seriously! I wouldn't kill any of you, ever. Not on my own life! Hello? Are you listening up there?!"

"Yeah, we're just... surprised." his voice was detached... and out of it.

"What?! Put me in your arms like I was your bride! I wanna see!"

"This is how you would be if you were my bride!"

"Okay then, pretend I was your new born baby! Work with me here, person!" He put me in the desired position, and I looked around. And saw Matt, who was standing in the doorway...of my bedroom.

"How'd you get in there? I locked my door!"

"I climbed in through the window." he stated simply.

"If I could feel my legs right now I'd kick your ass Matthew!" I nodded to Gee, his eyes asked me if I was being serious. Matt was practically stalking me now!

"Get out of my house...now! Daddy!" Matt walked past us, and down the two flights of stairs. Gerard set me down on my bed and threw me a controller. We played video games for a while, passing the controllers around as we won and lost. Soon, Frank was asleep on the bottom of my bed, curled up like a tiny dog.

I petted his head, like he was my puppy. Bob and the others pined for pats too. I patted they're heads, and they acted like dogs for a few minutes. I felt drowsy soon, laughing myself into a sleepy coma. This has been the first time since I got put in the Funny Farm, that I've fallen asleep with my friends all over my room. I fell, with a smile on my face, into my dream world.