Wicked

Breathless

I woke up, feeling something on my foot... or rather hugging it. It was Frankie, now he looked remarkably like a dog... who was humping my leg. I slipped my leg from his grasp, he began to whine in his sleep. I saw no light coming from my window, so it was dark. I heard someone whisper my name.

"Sam! Wake Frank up and lets get out of here for a little while!"

"Got'cha." I leaned over Frank's body and whispered in his ear,

"Your nuts are wet." He jumped up from his slumber, I had put my hand over his mouth to silence the oncoming screams.

"Damn it Sam! You know I hate it when you do that!" he hissed. I smiled.

"It's one of the only ways I can wake you up. And a few of them involve sharp objects." he gulped. All of us exited my room, and we ran into an unexpected guest in my bushes.

"Matt! You've got some serious nerve to be here; apologize or leave!"

"That's what I'm here for! I'm sorry. I just miss my best friend." he hung his head, I rolled my eyes and hugged the perverse fifteen year old. He came on the walk with us, uninvited, but he stayed quiet for the most part. I heard Bob yawn.

"No sleepiness! I'll push you into a pond if you don't wake up!" Gerard said. We all laughed and Bob punched him in the arm.

"You know... a dip doesn't sound bad." they looked at me like I was insane.

"What? It's summer, it's humid tonight, Bob here is getting sleepy, and I'm bored!" they all nodded in agreement.

"Lets go to the lake behind the park! That's always been a nice cool place to swim!" Ray suggested. We all yelled out, and began to run for it. We reached the lake in record time, the boys were all running toward it, not bothering to strip, to my half disappointment. I said to hell with it and waded in slowly. The water was cool, running between my fingers. I dived under, feeling it run over my face as I swam. I felt hands grab my feet, and I was pulled back.

"Hey! What the hell? Bob!" I gasped. He laughed at me and squeezed me close to him, in what I hoped was a hug.

"You're pretty when you swim." Gerard said, back stroking past us.

"Yeah. You look like a demonic mermaid." Frank called, he was floating on his back near the middle.

"Hey Fluffy! Push my brother in will ya? He still thinks there's sharks in here!"

"Okay!"

"Noooo!" he fell in all on his own. We laughed as he hit the water, and his head bobbed on the surface.

"Not funny! You're all assholes!" he yelled.

I was let go, and began to back stroke in circles and figure eights. I dived under once more, going farther down than before. I saw something purple twinkle at the bottom. Swimming back to the surface for air, I decided to announce this.

"Hey! I found something! Come check this out!" Everyone came out to where I was, they were also treading water, especially Frankie.

"Gerard, take my hand and I'll push you down to it."

"Why me?"

"Because I chose you! Now take a deep breath." I grabbed him we plunged downward, Gee was ahead of me by a little. He gave me the thumbs up and I pushed him down. There was a flash of purple light and Gerard's pale body was gone.

I kicked and scrambled to the top, my held breath coming out in fright. I reached the surface and screamed.

"He's gone! Gerard's gone!"

"What? What are you taking about?!" they all said.

"Gerard went down to get the purple shiny thing and there was a flash of purple light and he disappeared!"

"No way. I'm going down to look." Matt said. I told every one to hold hands. Humoring me, one after the other, we went down into the black glassy water. As we neared the shining purple object, I heard muffled screams as the boys were being pulled under, farther and farther. I could feel my breath wrenched from my body, like someone had kicked me in the gut. I could feel the water fill my lungs as a flash of violet light appeared... and then... nothing.