Wicked

Lost And Found

I could feel grass on my face, mossy, but a cross between both. I found it extremely hard to open my eyelids, but I managed it. It took a few minutes to regain my vision, and when it cleared...

"No... way."

Trees as thick as mini-vans, with leaves big as a windshield, or tiny as my pinky finger nail. Flowers and vines littered the whole place... tiny lights floated through the air like feathers. I could feel everything... growing. A melodic vibe just flowed through me... so much for frightening... I just think I'm stoned.

I saw all of my friends lying lifelessly around me, positioned like thrown rag dolls. I decided to wake them one by one, starting with Gerard.

"Gerard! Wake up, fucker! Come on... please wake up!" I heard him groan. Smiling, he came to just like I did... slowly. He spit out a mouth full of moss-grass and groaned again. When he was able to see he had the same reaction.

"No way man... what did we smoke?!"

"Nothing! We were swimming! Remember? In Carousel Lake."

"Shiny... purple... necklace!" he shouted, pointing to my chest. And there it was, the tiny circular necklace gem hung down to the middle of my chest. I heard five more groans start in a chorus of displeasure. I helped them all wake up. And they all said we were either dreaming or stoned out of our skulls. I didn't have to tell them they were wrong once they got a little less drowsy. I was a lot calmer once the shock wore off. I admired the stone hanging from my neck. It was such a pretty purple.

"Sam... where are we?" Frank said, shaking a little.

"I don't know. I do know for a fact that we're not on Earth."

"I'm guessing this is a different dimension -- what? It's just a logical guess." Mikey mumbled. We were looking at him questioningly. He shrugged and went back to staring into space. I looked into the depths of one of the monstrous tree tops. Something wobbled, and fell.

"Fruit?"

"What? Fruit?" Matt said, snapping out of a stupor.

"Over here! Look!" I ran over to it, nearly tripping on a root, but I picked up the shiny blue fruit.

"Oh my God it's food!" one of them screamed. I smiled

"What if it's poisonous?" Mikey ruined our cheer. I glared at him.

"If I die, remember I love you guys." I took a deep bite, gasping in shock as a flood of icy water sloshed over me. The guys laughed. I chewed the alien fruit... jumping up and down with joy.

"This is delicious! You have to try it!" I handed it to Bob. He took a tentative bite, them a bigger one, nodding. Everyone was begging for more, and we found some more. Sitting at the base of the wonderful tree, we enjoyed our good fortune. I heard a twig snap, and saw it fall from above.

"Ow! That hurt! Damn tree!" Bob yelped. I looked up, and could have swore I saw a flash of red.

"Strange... d'you see anything up there?" Everyone looked, and announced it false.

"Could have swore... hmph!" I carried on admiring my purple pendant, when another stick fell, landing dangerously close to Gerard's... erm... "Special Place". He swore, and looked up, as well as myself. The same flash of red appeared.

"You see that Sam?" asked Gerard plainly.

"Yep. My second time. Hello? Anyone up there?!" I called, staring into the tree's top, sounding foolish, and not thinking it could have been an animal... that can eat me.

"I believe the more wise question would be: 'What are you doing in my wood?'"