Status: Sorry guys, but I had a terrible virus on my laptop that deleted ALL my photos and documents. This means that the next chapter is gone. sadly, it will be a while until another chapter comes out. - XOXO Steff

For a Genius, You're Pretty Dumb

I'm Gonna Love You With My Hands Tied

It was silent. Almost.Quiet as a mouse, except for the mild stomping of boots upstairs. His boots. The tan boots he wore everyday. At least, every day he visited me. He'd developed a routine. Every morning he wakes up at eight-thirty AM, drinks two cups of coffee, leaves for work at approximately nine-fifteen, comes back at around seven forty-five, makes dinner, sets a tray at the bottom for me - sometimes, then, finally, drinks himself to sleep. Or, if not to sleep, then to me.Those nights, though thankfully few and far apart, are the worst. His breath always reeks of whiskey or gin. When it's whiskey, I can handle it better. It's less touch and more of his drunken talking. But when it's gin, all I can do is hope that he'll finish soon.

This morning his routine is the same as always. Judging by the placement of the sun from the basement window, I'd say it's around eight AM or eight thirty AM. I was laying on my back, staring at the ceiling tiles. I'd done this numerous times. The number never changed. One hundred and twenty-four. I sighed and turned onto my side. I heard his boots coming down the stairs above me. He must be getting ready to leave for work. I turned on my side, when suddenly his routine was disturbed. There was knocking on the door. Not really knocking, more like banging. Someone was banging loudly on the door. After being here for around a month, without a single visitor, it was strange for someone to be here. I walked quickly from the back window to the basement stairs to hear what was going on. I could hear loud voices, but I couldn't make out any words. I let out a loud gasp and took a few steps back when I heard the front door slam open. Someone, probably my captor, judging by the sound of boots, ran across the kitchen to the basement door and flung it open.

My breathing quickened as I tried to make sense of what was going on. There were more people entering the house. Had he brought friends? Probably not. Why would they burst through the door in such a manner? As he descended the stairs I backed further into the wall as I could. Then, rushing down the stairs, I saw an angel. Yes, an angel, clad in all black, gun drawn.

"Derek..." I whispered as I was suddenly grabbed into a choke hold.

"I'll kill her right now, I swear," Alan said as his grip on me tightened.

"P-please, don't," I begged him as my vision began to fade. My gaze drifted to the stairs, where, out of the dark fog of my vision, I saw Spencer. His eyes met mine, and after a gunshot, everything went black.

_______________________________________________________________________

Everything is calm, but in the back of my mind I can hear the chaos. Sirens, loud noises, and beeping. It sounded like I was in a car, going high-speed through a tunnel. Terrible vibrations. I could faintly hear someone saying my name. Their determination confused me. Did they want an answer? Didn't they know I couldn't reply? I didn't know what to think. Was I free, at last? I drifted between unconscious and conscious throughout the whole ride. I wasn't fully awake until I was already situated in a room. Just as I woke up, a woman dressed in all white was standing next to my bedside.

There was a bright light behind her, illuminating her. I never believed in angels until now..

"Am I in ... heaven?" I asked. My voice was extremely raspy, presumably from being choked into unconsciousness.

She laughed. It wasn't as melodic as I'd thought an angels voice would have been, but then again, I'd never been to heaven before.

"No, I'm no angel," She said.

My vision was coming back slowly, and everything was still a little fuzzy, but I saw now that I wasn't in heaven. Not even close.

"Where am I?" I asked the young blond woman.

"Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital," She replied with a smile. "Now, can you sit up so I can help you change into this hospital gown?"

"Umm ... Can I do it by myself?" I asked her. I didn't want anyone to see the scars. Although a few were visible, the tank top covered the worst of them. She thought it over for a second or two, but finally she smiled and said, "I'll be outside the room. Just knock when you've finished and I'll be right in." I waited for her to close the door before I got out of the hospital bed and walked slowly to the bathroom door. Once I was in, I locked the door and started to take off my clothes. Taking off the tank top was easy, but my bra was harder. My upper arms were sore and bruised from being grabbed multiple times. Next I pulled down my torn and tattered black shorts, wincing at the pain in my inner thighs. Luckily, the nurse had given me a clean pair of underwear, because the ones I had been wearing were dirty and ripped, since I'd had the same ones for over a month.

After my clothes were off, I looked at my body in the mirror. There were bruises and cuts scattered everywhere. I turned from the mirror and pulled the light gown over my head. I turned back to the mirror and examined myself further. Over the month that I had been held captive, I had lost well over twenty pounds. Consuming only one meal a day, if that, had taken a toll on my body. I felt like I resembled an anorexic supermodel, minus the makeup and pretty clothes. My legs, which I used to think were beautiful legs, were too skinny and reminded me of chicken legs. I lost all the curves I had, and possibly even some muscle.

I sighed and left the bathroom. Instead of letting the nurse in, I walked around the room for a few minutes. I wasn't quite ready to face the questions that I knew would soon be coming. What did he do to you? Did he abuse you? Did he torture you? Did he rape you? I mapped out what I would say in my head. He kept me in the basement for a month. Yes, but only when he was drunk. No, he didn't torture me. Did he rape me? No. No, he didn't. How could I admit to people, even doctors, that that evil man defiled me in such a way? I couldn't. He already took a piece of me and, in my mind, anyone that knew also had a piece.

I started to think about what I would do next. After I got out of the hospital, the bureau would surely give me some time off work, but after everything that I've been through, I'm not too sure that I really want to go back. I filed those thoughts deep in the filing cabinet of my brain and let the nurse back in.

"Okay," She started, "First we have to get you on an IV to pump nutrients into your body. You're extremely malnourished. While the IV is in, another nurse will bring you your lunch then you can see your visitors. Sound good?" I simply nodded and sat down on the hospital bed. "Be right back," She said with a bright smile before she left the room.

_______________________________________________________________________

"Are you sure, Miss Silver? You don't want ANY visitors?" Jennifer, my nurse, asked me in disbelief.

I shook my head.

"Not even-"

"No," I cut her off.

"Well .... Okay. Alright, I'll tell them," She said before she walked out of the room.

Derek's going to be so pissed when Jennifer tells him I'm not seeing any visitors. I wouldn't be surprised if he came bursting through the door anyway.

"Why are you pushing them away, Allie?," I asked myself aloud.

"Because you're scared."

My head snapped up to where Spencer stood in the door way.

"I didn't want ..."

"You're not sure how to face all of us after what happened to you. I think you feel ashamed," He said as he walked to the bedside chair and sat down. "Why do you feel ashamed?"

"I didn't want visitors," I said stubbornly. I turned from Spencer to my side facing the wall. I couldn't even look at him. Was my embarrassment that readable on my face? Of course, he's a profiler. Not to mention a genius.

"Allie, will you please talk to me? If not now, then later?"

"Is Hotch mad at me?" I asked quietly.

"What? No. Why would Hotch be mad at you?" Spencer asked me.

"Jack...."

"Jack's fine," Spencer replied. "Hotch will tell you himself if you let him come in."

"Not yet," I said quickly. I wasn't going to be ready to face everyone for a while. Hell, I didn't even know how ready I was to face Spencer. Ready or not, I sat up in the hospital bed and turned to face him. My legs, which were dangling off the side of the bed, were covered with a light blue knitted hospital blanket.

"What if I said I was having doubts?"

"Doubts? About what?" He asked. He looked like he truly cared. I was grateful to have someone who cared so much for me.

"Going back. To the BAU, I mean."

He looked down at the floor. "I really hope you do come back," He said quietly.

"Oh, Spence. I only said I had a few doubts. I'll come back," I assured him, although I wasn't too sure myself if I was lying to him or not.

I got up off the bed and sat down in the chair next to him.

"Are you alright to get out of bed?" He asked.

"I'm fine," I replied.

I snaked my hand over to where Spencer's was on the arm rest and laced my fingers in his. I felt instantly calmer. This man was like Valium to me. It was strange how he could make me so calm, yet make my heart beat so fast.

"Spencer I-"

I was interrupted by the door opening. I quickly pulled my hand from Spencer's and sat it in my lap.

"Oh, you did decide to have visitors?" Jennifer asked me when she saw Spencer. "Oh, Miss Silver, you really SHOULD stay in bed. It wouldn't be too good to walk around all over the place until you heal more. I brought you your medication," She said. She extended her arm and handed me the small white cup with two white pills in it. "And some water." She handed me the clear glass and walked out of the room.

I swallowed the pills and took a drink of water.

Spencer and I sat quietly for a few minutes. Our silence wasn't uncomfortable. It was relaxing. He pulled out a book and began to read. After about a half hour I was beginning to feel the effects of the vicodin the nurse had given me. I stood up from the chair, getting ready to lay back down on the hospital bed, when Spencer stood up to help me. "Careful," He reminded me. Once I was situated on the bed Spencer picked up the blanket off the floor to cover me up with. His eyes drifted to my uncovered legs. "Allie, did he do this?" Shit. I forgot about the bruises all over my inner thighs. How would I explain these? "He did," I admitted. I grabbed the blanket from his hands and covered myself up. "How did he ...." I could almost hear it click together in his brain. He knew how the bruises got there, but hopefully he wouldn't take the conversation any further.

"Lay with me?" I asked him to lay with me mainly to change the subject, although I did find laying with Spencer extremely appealing.

"If the nurse comes in..."

"Whats she gonna do? Kick you out? She was so excited I actually let someone other than hospital personnel come in."

He thought it over for a second then walked closer to the bed. I scooted over as far as I could to make room for him. He got in the bed next to me and I laid my head on his shoulder. He took my hand in his. I sighed and snuggled closer to him. I wish we could do this forever. Just lay together. I didn't know what Spencer and I had between us. We never talked about it. But the intense emotions we felt, said that there was definitely something there. I decided things weren't moving fast enough for me. It was up to me to take initiative. I took my hand from his and sat up in the bed to face him. "Allie?" He looked utterly confused. I placed my hand on his cheek, leaned in, and brought my lips close to his. We were so close, I could smell the cologne he was wearing, it was like a light musk. He moved one of his hands to the small of my back. Our lips were less than in inch away when someone started to open the door. Spencer was off the bed by the time Jennifer was in the room but it was obvious what we were doing. Well, about to do.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I must have interrupted something," She said looking quite flustered.

"Uhh, no you didn't," I said quickly. "Nope, we were just talking. Two friends. Alone. Not doing anything else." Wow Allie, way to blow it. Oh well.

"It's okay, I won't say anything," She said with a grin. I noticed she had a tray in her hands.

"That mine?"

"Yup," She said setting the covered plate of food on the bed tray.

"Great."

"There's a Derek Morgan here to see you," She said.

"Umm .... Let him in," I said nervously.

Seconds later Derek walked through the door, flowers in hand. As soon as he saw me, he sprinted the short distance across the room to me and pulled me into a tight hug. I held him as tight as I could, extremely happy he came AFTER I took the vicodin. Otherwise, it would have hurt too bad.

I couldn't stop the tears from falling. There's no doubt in the world that Derek is my brother. We may not be related by blood, but Derek is the big brother I always wanted and never had. "I thought I'd never see you again," He whispered. I could hear the tears in his voice. "I was so scared you weren't coming for me," I choked out. He hugged me even tighter. "Of course we came. We could never leave you with him." "I had myself convinced you'd forgotten about me," I said as I ended our hug and wiped a few tears from my face. Derek looked like I'd slapped him in the face. "You know we'd never forget about you," He said. "I know," I replied. "You lost so much weight..." I could tell he was shocked at my dramatic weight loss. Hell, I was too. I smiled grimly and said, "Well maybe now I'm super model material." "Allie you're beautiful no matter what. You were super model material the day I met you," He said giving me a noogie. "Stoooop! I can't be a super model with messed up hair!" Derek grinned and took a seat in the chair next to Spencer.

"And you," He said turning to Spencer.

Spencer cleared his throat. "Yes?"

"What are you doing in here before me? Last I checked, you," He looked at me, "weren't accepting any visitors. At all."

"Change of heart," I replied dully. "Would you be a doll and get me some Jell-O from the cafeteria? Isn't it like, an unwritten rule that you have to get Jell-O when you're in the hospital?"

Derek chuckled and said, "I'd be happy to do that for you."

"Awwe, I love you, Derek," I said with a grin. Derek is very easily swayed. "I'll, uh come with you," Spencer said when Derek started for the door, to which I frowned. Spencer hot-footed it out of the door as soon as Derek walked out. That really kind of hurt me a little. Was he gonna feel awkward around me now? Or maybe he was just embarrassed because the nurse walked in? I sighed and pushed my hospital food aside. I grabbed the remote on the bed tray and flipped through the channels. Blue's clues, lame. The Young and the Restless, lame. Melissa & Joey, lame. Jersey Shore, win. Jersey Shore's a pretty interesting show. Kind of like a train wreck. I laid back in the hospital bed and closed my eyes. Maybe I'll just take a nap.

_______________________________________________________________________

It felt like I only dozed off for a minute or two, but when I woke up, there was no light outside my window. I looked at the white wall clock next to the TV. 11:47. I guess Derek and Spencer didn't wanna wake me up. I yawned and sat up in the bed, getting ready to go to the bathroom. I was startled when I turned and saw Derek sitting in the chair next to my bed. "Jesus! You scared me," I exclaimed. Then I noticed he was asleep. "Awee, you're too cute. Staying here with me while I'm in the hospital over night .... You're the greatest big brother ever." I picked up the blanket I was using and covered him up with it, then kissed his forehead. Then I walked into the bathroom and did my business. After washing my hands I made my way to the door when I felt this terrible wave of nausea. I turned and quickly ran the short distance to the porcelain toilet bowl and emptied the contents of my stomach into it. There's almost nothing I hate more than puking. It's a terrible experience. I don't like the fact that bodily fluids are pouring out of my throat and there's nothing I could do about it. It's gross. I sat there for a little bit on the bathroom floor next to the toilet in case I felt like I was gonna puke again. After about five minutes I decided that the short sickness was over with and went back to sleep in the uncomfortable hospital bed, excited to go home tomorrow afternoon.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO sorry it took entirely too long! I'm starting the next chapter tomorrow and I promise the wait won't be nearly as long! XXXXXX Steff <3

Title credit goes to Gaga <3