Status: i'll update if i get comments/subscriptions/messages, i need to know its liked.

Until the Moon Burns

twelve.

Good side of the whole family. Good side, and survive.
“Will she talk?” I heard a man hiss, anger thick in his voice.
I won’t talk, I promise! I nearly said it, but I kept shouting it inside my head, hoping maybe Edward would catch it on some psychic level.
Now I was hoping for a telepathic vampire? I was going insane.
It was lucky today was a half day. No lessons after lunch, as Kathy rejoiced. I escaped my first Math lesson.
“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Kathy promised, waving me off as she got into her Ford Escort. Her purple Escort.
I laughed as I was walking out of the school gates, shaking my head as the car groaned to life. I shoved my hands into my pockets and quickened my pace. I glanced back and saw Edward in his Volvo, but I quickly looked away. Now wasn’t the time for admiring the un-dead.
A dirty, foul-smelling hand covered my mouth as I turned the corner-out of sight-and I screamed. It was pathetic, muffled, and I bit the hand and thrashed out, but a laugh came instead of groans of pain.
I’d know that laugh anywhere.
He carried me for a few seconds, running hard, and when I opened my eyes we were in the middle of the woods.
“James!” I gasped, spinning around as the hand removed itself.
I flung my arms around my boyfriend’s neck and hugged him.
“I missed you,” I lied. “Why are you here, of all places!” I kissed his cheek, grinning.
It’s not that I wasn’t happy to see James, of course I was, but he just failed to impress me as Edward had. He no longer took my breath away as he used to do when I lived in England, but he was handsome all the same, with his long dirty blonde hair tied back into a ponytail, his deep blue eyes always searching for something in mine.
“I’m a tracker, Audrey. Or did you forget?” He cocked his head to the side, and I grinned.
“Of course not.”
He laughed coyly before running his rough, thick-skinned icy hands through my hair and kissing me roughly. I had always enjoyed his kisses, the cold of his lips against the warmth of mine, the way he would hold me to him so tightly, the slight tugging on my hair, the way he would bite my neck occasionally...
But now I longed for someone else. Someone softer, a gentleman, someone gentle and kind, not the rough, harshness of James.
How had that vampire changed me so much? He’d ruined everything.
I broke off the kiss, biting my lip.
James closed his eyes tightly, inhaling deeply.
I was reminded of how I smelled to him, and I sighed.
“James, stop.”
His eyes snapped open, a deep frown creasing his marble-like forehead.
“Tell me,” he snarled, his upper lip curling to display sharp teeth that I feared.
♠ ♠ ♠
james is actually kind of hot.