Status: i'll update if i get comments/subscriptions/messages, i need to know its liked.

Until the Moon Burns

twenty five.

“Where do I stay?” I asked, hoping it was in the basement or a coffin or some other secluded area, because if I was on my own I would just lie awake and wait for morning.
“In my room,” he answered, too eagerly.
“Sofa bed?”
“Of course not!” He sounded almost offended.
We left the piano, and I was sad to do so. I liked the piano, and I adored the way he played even more. It was soulful, magnificent. I followed him to his room and smiled at how he held the door open for me. The gentlemanliness wasn’t just for show at school.
I took in the room, and then I saw it-a black ornate balcony overlooking the forest of Forks. The lush green of the trees had been darkened by the hours. I sat on the railing and smiled at Edward. His face looked panicked, and he ran to me-his speed shocked me. I had thought James was impossibly fast, but Edward, even in this small space, was quicker by far.
“You’re quicker than James,” I told him. “Even without the space to show it off.”
His chest swelled with pride, and I laughed and kissed him. He didn’t kiss back, but instead broke the kiss and said; “Not on this, I don’t want you falling off.”
“Would you catch me?” I asked, leaning back slowly.
“Stop it!”
I was really far over, taking a finger off each time. He still hadn’t answered my question.
“Would you catch me if I fell?” I repeated, taking another finger off.
“Audrey Elizabeth! Stop!”
I giggled as he used my full name. “You’re no fun,” I pouted.
He picked me up, and I kissed the smooth skin of his neck. He put me on the sofa, which was comfiest thing I’d ever sat on.
“This isn’t as comfy as your railing, but it’ll do,” I smirked, pulling him onto me.
“I’m not usually like this,” I said quietly.
“Nor am I,” he replied, and kissed me.
The door knocked and he grudgingly answered it. I groaned, and then laughed as the dark haired vampire called Emmett barged in, balancing a double bed in his big arms.
“Delivery,” he boomed, and set it down, flexing his arms.
“Thanks so much, Emmett,” I grinned, jumping onto the bed.
“No funny business you two,” his loud voice echoed in the large bedroom. “Don’t do anything we would!” He laughed (at his own joke!) and then left us alone.
“Whoa,” I said, looking at the time.
“What’s the matter?” Edward rushed to me as I sat on the bed.
“It’s gone three a.m. I didn’t realize. I should probably get some sleep,” I sighed, thinking he would find me pretty weird if I didn’t at least pretend to sleep.
He gave me a little privacy by turning around, but as I looked at the lacy pyjama shorts and vest Alice Cullen had laid out for me, I almost winced. They were black, silky, lacy and about three sizes too small for a Barbie doll. I put them on, feeling like a beached whale as the material clung to me.
“Do they look okay?” I asked, but deciding I didn’t want the answer, I wrapped the duvet around myself to hide my body from him.
“You look beautiful, Audrey. You always do, don’t worry about that.”
What a lie, Eddie. Relationships are built on trust!
Oh, that word sounded so lovely now. Relationship. Rel-ation-ship. Boyfriend. Boy-friend. Boy who’s more than a friend. Boy (though, at his age, it was more old man) that was everything. That reminded me, how old was he?
“You will always be beautiful to me,” he said.
Life. Is. Perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
rel-ation-ship.
:)