A Forbidden Love

Chapter Two: Garret's Pack

Chapter Two: Garret’s Pack

I walk back over to where Garret is pacing. As I come close enough he tackles me, changing back to human form in the process. “Did you let him mark you?” Garret growls.

“What are you talking about?” I ask trying to get out from under him..

“Did he bite you on your neck?” he asks. I can see the fury in his eyes.

“No, he only nipped at me, but he didn’t break the skin.” I say, closing my eyes against his fury.

“Good, if he had, I would have to kill him. That would have meant he marked you to be his mate. I can’t believe he kissed you though. That is the lowest way to treat a werewolf. I’m not sure how it is for you guys, but a kiss is saying that you are lower than dirt.” He says seriously. I stare at him.

I was that close to becoming a werewolf’s mate. I could have been mated to someone I barely know. It would have ruined the pact. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know that’s how you claimed your mate. I am confused with your ways.” I answer him. “A kiss in the human society is highly liked by women. It means that a man likes her. Was he a turned wolf or a born one?” I ask.

“He was a turned one, that was probably how he knew about the kissing crap. Would you like me to explain our ways, just in case this happens again?” he asks. I nod and he continues. “To claim a mate, you have to first mark her by putting a moon shaped bite mark on her neck. Then in less than ten days you have to make her truly hers by taking her.” He looks to me to see if I understand and I nod, thinking I would never want to “be taken” by a werewolf. “After that, if the mate is touched or taken by another wolf, the male mate will feel all her emotions and know what she is doing. Then he has the choice of killing her or keeping her. Our laws are strict about that kind of stuff. If someone is forcing the mate to do it, then the male has permission to kill the wolf and save his mate. I would not suggest taking a male’s mate. They will kill you without a second thought. They are very protective of their mates. The only way to have another mate is if one of the mates die. If the male dies, usually one of his relatives take in the female. If a female dies, then the male takes another female. The only way for someone other then family to get the female, would be to challenge the male for his mate. Then if the other wolf killed the male, the female would become his no matter what. It is the way of my people.” He explains. I nod, intent on what he is saying.

“I understand. That is horrible though that a female could watch her mate die and then end up with some random person. I would never want that to happen to me.” I say truthfully.

“I would never allow that to happen to you.” He says. I realize what he is implying; that I would end up with him. That thought sent shivers down my spine. “Let’s take you to meet my pack.” He grabs my wrist and walks toward the same path from earlier. I follow, looking around, not watching where I’m going.

“Watch…” he doesn’t finish and I run into a tree. I hold my hand to my forehead. “What are you thinking about little one?” he asks me. I shake my head, not willing to tell him that I was thinking about Ash.

“Nothing.” I say and walk in front of him. He grabs my wrist and pulls me toward him. He hold me to his chest.

“As we walk into my camp, I want you to make sure that you stay close to me. I can’t protect you if I don’t know where you are.” He says. I stare at him in horror. Reading my thoughts, he continues. “My pack doesn’t take kindly to humans. I’m only doing this for a mate. I only have one female in my pack and plenty of males will try to force themselves on you. The one female is mated to my beta. You will meet her. She used to work at the castle, so you might know her. She’s the one that disappeared a while back.” he watches as realization flickered across my face.

“Her name was Bridget.” I say. She was the slave that worked in the decoration department. She went to pick flowers at the edge of the courtyard and never came back.

“I am going to give you my scent. Hopefully people won’t bother you if you smell a lot like me.” He says. I wait, wondering what he’s going to do. What he does, was totally not what I was expecting. He rubs himself up and down me, going around in circles to get every bit of me. I try to move away, but he holds me in place. When he’s done “giving me his scent” I jerk away from him and move as far from him as I can.

He moves closer to me and sniffs. “Good, you smell like me, but you can still smell the human side of you. OH well, stick close.” He pushes the bushes to the side and steps out into a sun-streaked clearing. There are tents all around. Several heads turn as he approaches.

“Garret, your home.” One of the males walk up to him and gives him a side hug. They act like brothers. A small female is standing close to the stranger and I take him to be the beta that Garret was talking about.

I hesitantly step into the clearing and everyone stops what they were doing. The sniff the air and turn toward me, claws drawn and teeth showing. “Garret, you brought us a snack.” The beta’s eyes go wife with hunger. He takes a step toward me, but Garret pulls him back.

“I have news for the pack. Call a meeting.” Then Garret turns toward me. “Hurry up, I haven’t got all day.” He says. I run over to his side and cling to his arm, not liking the way many of the males are looking at me. They have a look between hunger and lust in their eyes.

Garret leads me down the middle of the camp and into the tent at the front. IT is several yards away from the rest of the tents. I finally release him and look up into his eyes. He’s smirking down at me. “You don’t have to let go you know.” He says smugly. I want to slap that grin off his mouth, but know I’ll probably get hit back, or worse. OH well, better show that I’m not some helpless person. I bring my hand back and go to slap him, He catches it just inches from his face.

“I wouldn’t’ do that if I were you. I will break your wrist.” He says calmly, seriously. I nod my head and settle for glaring. He pulls me toward him and leans his forehead on mine. He sniffs and grins. “I love my scent on you. It makes you smell like your mine.” He says. “I want to try this, just to see how it feels.” He leans forward and crushes his lips to mine. He bites down on my lip, causing blood to flow into my mouth and his. He groans and pulls away. “You taste appetizing.” He says. I pull back and actually slap him this time.

“How dare you treat me like this. If you want me to be your mate, then I suggest you start treating me like a lady and not your prey. If you kill me, your will never get any mates from my castle.” I spit at him. HE stares at me in shock before breaking into a grin.

“I like ‘em feisty.” He pulls me back and kisses me again, moving away just as I go to slap him again. “I allowed that once, hit me again and I’ll hurt you.” He says deadly serious. I nod and walk away from him.

I look around at the tent and take in its size. It’s larger than a normal tent, and has a small table and two chairs. It has a bed made entirely out of furs and hides. I look down at what used to be a rabbit and run my fingers through the fur. I feel fur brush up against me and turn to see Garret in his wolf form. He looks at me and holds my gaze. I lower my gaze under the intenseness of his gaze. He lies on the furs and motions me to do the same. I reluctantly lay down, getting as far from him as I can. I am about to drift to sleep when I feel fur tickle my skin. I roll over and stare into the eyes o Garret. We are only a few inches apart and I can feel the heat radiating off his body. It pulls me in and I find myself snuggling up next to his fur. He smirks and watches me with a smug expression. I roll my eyes and seek warmth from his fur. I finally drift asleep, only to be awakened a little while later to someone shaking me, non-to gently.

“Go away.” I say. I find myself being picked up and feel bare skin against my bare skin. Wait. I had bare skin. My eyes fly open and I look down. My clothes had been changed and I was wearing a fur top and a pair of fur shorts. I looked like an Indian. My belly was showing and more than half my legs. I look up and see a stranger carrying me. I scream and lash out.

My hands are held to my sides and my legs are between someone’s legs. I look up, now partially standing, into the eyes of an angry werewolf. “Stop, or I’ll hurt you.” He says. I stop struggling, giving him hope that I won’t fight anymore, before realizing that he’s not naked. I sigh in relief and he follows my gaze. “I can always take it off.” He says crudely. I groan and pull out of his grasp.

“I’ll walk on my own. Just point in the right direction.” He leads me through the tents into a bigger clearing where all kinds of males are standing. I see Bridget up front standing next to her mate, the beta. Garret is standing on a stump, giving him a foot higher than everyone else. When he notices me he waves me forward.

“As I was saying, this is the girl that I was talking about. She will become one of the alphas mates. I intend to make her mine, but in the end she will choose and there will probably be a fight. I intend to not lose. If any of you touch her, or claim her before I do, I will kill you. No one touches her. If I smell your scent on her there better be a good reason. She will being staying in a tent with Bridget. We will set it up right next to mine. That tent will be off limits to any male besides my beta and me. Are there any questions?” Garret asks his audience. No one speaks. “You may return to your homes.” He says. I watch as the crowd disperses. He turns to me.

“Hi.” I say bashfully, remembering the last time I saw him.

“Did you sleep well?” he asks. I nod. “I am pleased.” He smirks. I roll my eyes.

He starts walking and I quickly catch up to him, not wanting to be left alone. “Do you think they’ll follow your rules?” I ask him.

“I highly doubt it. You are a rare case, willingly coming into our home. The males are going to go crazy as your scent rides the breeze through camp. Don’t worry though. I’ll kill anyone who touches you.” He says calmly.

“Then kill yourself, because you touched me.” I snap. I wanted to take my words back as soon as I said them.

“If I wanted to touch you, I would have already. You do not get my meaning. I meant that the males in my pack would probably rape you and make you their own. I will not let that happen, but if you insist on hating me, then it probably will. I have not touched you.” I stare at him as he releases his fury. I glance around to see if anyone is listening and notice the clearing empty except for us.

“How many males are in your pack?” I ask, trying to change the subject a little.

“There are 19 of us. We had twenty, but hunters killed one of our young pups.” He answers, looking away from me as he speaks. I follow his gaze and notice the setting sun. “It’s getting late, we better get your tent set up and you need to get in bed.” I follow him as he walks off.

We reach his tent and I shudder as the breeze blows over me. I look up to find Garret watching me. He takes off his big, normal shirt and puts it on me. I snuggle into it, trying to soak up his body heat. He watches me and smiles. It was fall and the winds were getting colder.

“Do you have any clothes warmer than this?” I ask, hoping to change into warmer clothes.

“I’ll get you some tomorrow. You’re going to have to sleep in that.” He says. I nod and hug myself, trying to keep warm. Garret walks over and puts his arms around me, giving me some of his heat.

“You there, set up this tent and put some furs in it for a bed.” Garret commands one of the males walking by to do. The male nods and walks off.

“What’s his name?” I ask as Garret ushers me into his tent. I release myself as the warm air hits me.

“That’s Eddy. He’s the omega. Do you know what that is?” he asks. I nod, having read about it in one of our books. He nods in satisfaction. He sits on the furs and pulls me down onto his lap. I squirm, trying to get comfortable. I end up rubbing my back against his chest. He groans and I jerk away.

“Sorry.” I mumble and move to another are where there are furs. Garret grins at me, lust in his eyes. He stalks over to me and pushes me backwards. He climbs on top of me and holds me down. He places kisses on my neck and down to my collarbone. I shudder under his touch.

“You’re so beautiful.” He says as he covers my mouth with his. When he breaks away I manage to get a question in.

“How come you’re kissing me when you said that werewolves didn’t do that?” I ask. Garret kisses me again before replying.

“I wanted to try it and now I know why you guys like it. I can taste you just by kissing you. I’m surprised that werewolves haven’t found this interesting, or exciting like I do.” He answers. His hands travel up my thigh and stop at the edge of my shorts. I start to scream when he crushes his mouth to mine once more.

We are luckily interrupted, by the clearing of a throat. Garret looks up at the intruder. “This had better be important.” Garret grinds out between clenched teeth.

“I’m just reminding you sir, that you are not allowed to take her yet. She has to pick you. She has not yet met the other alphas. If you do this, then you will break the pact and she will be turned over to one of the other packs, not giving you a chance in the running.” The beta replies calmly.

“Fine. Is the tent ready?” the beta nods. I scramble out from under Garret and run out of the tent. I see the new tent next to Garrets tent and dart inside. I find Bridget preparing a place to sleep. I see a whole bunch of furs and realize I had better get started on my bed before it’s completely dark outside. One of the down falls of being a human is that you can’t see in the dark.

As I finish my bed I look to see where Bridget is. She’s already asleep on her bed. By now it’s completely dark and I can only see her outline. I hate not being able to see in the dark. I lay on my furs just as it starts to rain. I get chilled and try to keep warm in the furs. I pull some on top of me, but still the water seeps through and keeps me chilled. I fall asleep a couple times, only to be reawakened as thunder sounds in the distance. Soon I’m shaking I’m so cold. I then remember Garrets warm body and his soft fur. I grab one of the furs and hug it to my chest. I walk over to the door and open it. I look outside as the rain falls. I see Garrets tent next to mine. I run with the fur over my head and reach his door, only getting a little wet. I open his door and walk into his room. I put a mental picture of the room how i remember it and easily find my way to the bed. I feel heat radiating from the body on my left. I roll over and snuggle deep into Garret’s fur. He was sleeping as a wolf and not his human side. I wasn’t sure if he woke up, but I was to tired to care. I eventually drift off to sleep, but not before someone whispers in my ear.

“Mine.”