‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Not Even Close

My POV

As I was on line getting drinks for Rea and I, I looked over and saw her and Andrew...again. It's not that I was jealous or anything, I really wasn't. She can talk to whoever she wants and I trust her completely. This isn’t about trust. I guess I just wanted some time with her. The whole time I've been here our lips barely touched. I might be just over reacting but I'm just used to having Rachael’s lips on mine, it's like an involuntary thing.

"Don’t stare. It's too obvious" Joe said, walking over to me with a smirk.

"I wasn't staring at Rachael and Andrew" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Funny thing is: I didn't accuse you of what or who you were staring at"

Wow, I'm really off my game. I should’ve caught that...but with Rachael...my mind doesn't function properly.

"Don’t be jealous. You know Rachael..."

"Yes I knowRachael. Which is why I'm not jealous. I'm not worried or concerned one bit" I said, moving up in the line.

"Well you should be!" he snapped at me, making me face him.

"What? But you just said..."

"I don't mean be worried about Rachael. I mean be worried about Andrew..."

"What? Why?" I narrowed my eyes but just moved up again.

"Nick, can't you see the way he looks at her?" he asked and we both looked over there. She was laughing a something he said.

"Way to not make I obvious guys" Kevin commented sarcastically as he walked over to us. "You telling him?" he asked Joe.

"Trying to"

"Are you guys crazy? You’re going to ruin everything for me and Rachael"

"Nick you know we love Rachael and would never try to ruin you guys. We're just saying..." Kevin started.

"Look at how he looks at her" Joe emphasized.

"Its how Kevin looked at Danielle when they weren't so old and wrinkly"

"Its how Joe looked at Demi before he became stupid and naive" Joe glares at him.

"But more importantly...it's how you look at Rachael" Joe finished.

Then we all just looked over at them. "Hey! We are not old and wrinkly!" Kevin claimed.

"Wow Kev, a little delayed there..."

As they continued to go back and forth I just kept keeping my eye on Andrew and Rachael. Okay maybe I can't see how Andrew looks at Rachael the way I do...but does she act toward Andrew the same way she does with me?

I finally got to the counter and ordered our drinks. When I turned I saw everyone had joined Rachael and Andrew so I sighed in relief. Then I saw everyone start to leave as Rachael headed over toward me. "Thanks" she said, taking her soda.

"Where’s everyone going?"

"Oh they wanted to go check out this park nearby, I told them to go on without us so you and I can roller skate for a little, then we can leave and see if they're still at the park or at the restaurant. If they get there before us I told them to save us a spot...sound good? Or we can just leave with them right now. It's up to you..."

"The plan sounds perfect" I said and then we both put our drinks down and headed onto the rink.

As music played, we skated around with all the other skaters and I held her hand securely. "I feel like I haven’t been able to see you at all ever since you got here..." she started. "Or hug you" she added as she got in front of me to wrap her arms around me so she skated backwards as I continued to skate foreword. "Or kiss you" she reached up to kiss my lips and I felt the weight of her skates bring her down a little as I practically lifted her of the floor.

I put her back down as she smiled up at me and then went back to my side. "I’ve really...really miss you" she said.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you" I told her and looked into her eyes.

"Good" she smiled.

"But...I couldn't help but notice...you’ve been acting a little strange" she commented.

Of course she would be able to tell when I act differently...when something’s wrong...when I'm conflicted. "You alright?" she added.

I kept thinking about the tour, I know what I want to do but what if she finds out, she’d make me do what she thought was right…I have to give her the ring tonight, nothing can interfere…

“Nick?”

"Yea...I'm fine" I spoke up.

"I know you're lying" she told me but didn't look at me. She just kept looking forward, smiling at the little kids attempting to skate.

"I'll tell you later..."

"Why not just tell me now?" she asked, looking at me.

Even though her gaze was gentle, her eyes were intense. "Because I want to enjoy right now. I'll tell you later. It‘s all about timing" I insisted and she just nodded.

But then her gaze changed. She was challenging me with the smirk on her face and with her eyes...we took off racing. We got around once and started going for a second time, but Rachael...being her clumsy self...started losing her balance. I went to wrap my arms around her to try and prevent her from falling...but that just resulted in me losing my balance as well. We both fell and slid across the floor. She was on top of me when we flew into the wall and we started laughing like there was no tomorrow. I stopped laughing and just grinned at her as she continued to laugh. I wanted to ask her...I wanted to ask her tonight...I know it might be bad timing but I just want the assurance that she'll be with me forever. She tells me it's what she wants to so I just want to make it official already. I needed everything to be perfect...to bad perfection can never rise to my standards...not even close.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333