‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

The Court Date

Friday:

"Deep breaths alright? There's really nothing to be worried about," Nick said from the backseat with Kevin and Joe.

"He’s right Rea Rea. You go in, you say you want to live with Anna, case closed," Joe said.

"I don't think it's that easy Joe," I murmured as I continued to face forward in the passenger seat.

"But the meaning behind what Joe said is true Rach. It'll be fine, and it will be over before you know it," Kevin added.

“Then we can go to the rehearsal dinner tonight and just be with family and friends,” Nick assured me and I sighed with relief at the thought.

"Plus you’ll have me right there next to you the whole time," Anna said from the drivers seat.

"And you’ll have us right behind you, ready to back u up with any decision that goes," Nick finished as he leaned forward and grabbed my hand for comfort.

Right now we were on our way to the court house. Today was the day I made he official decision of who I was going to live with. Nick, Joe and Kevin were all comic for moral support...and I was so happy they were coming because I needed them. Anna was coming because I needed her and because since she was the one I wanted to live with. That was my intention for going today. To get the point across of the fact that I want to live with Anna and I don't want to be living with neither mom or dad.

Denise and Paul wanted to come too (possibly bring Frankie) but I told them it would be alright and I would fill them in on everything when it was over. Yesterday the Jonas’ treated me to dinner. Danielle and Anna came (under my request) and I was aloud to bring Demi! That was most likely Nick’s doing because he knew I would choose Demi to come with. I got new outfits from Paul and Denise (she helped him pick out the right clothing of course) and they were exactly my style and I was actually eyeing these clothes the other day (Nick must have told them). Danielle gave me a pair of jeans and a killer shirt that said ‘When Life Gives You 100 Reasons To Cry…’ on the front and ‘Show Life That you Have 1,000 Reasons To Smile’on the back. It was one of my favorite quotes and now the outfit is one of my favorites. Kevin gave me a few books that I’ve wanted for a while now and one of those books was one that I had been looking for now but I just could never seem to get it. Joe had gotten a black shirt personalized and it said ‘Rea Rea Lewis+JB =‘on the front, with ‘BFF4L’ on the back. Demi gave me a bracelet with “best friend” related charms going around it and I loved it. Frankie even got me something. He made me a build-a-bear. It was so cute! Lastly, Anna surprised me with a script. It was for a new action movie. At first I was shocked by the fact that she brought up the topic of work on my birthday because that wasn’t like her to be a huge kill-joy…not that I wasn’t excited about it but I still didn’t want to discuss work on my birthday. That is…until I found out I’d be acting along side Shia Lebouf! I knew there was a reason for keeping her around.

After having dinner, we all went out roller skating. That was fun. But for the moment…fun’s over. All I wanted was to get this thing over and done with. To be rid of my parents…not completely of course but just enough to get them to leave me alone until I’m ready and to let me decide when I want to see them. All morning I’ve been getting texts wishing me luck or telling me I’d be fine. Texts from Eric, Miley, Demi, Selena, Taylor (both of them), David, Michael from Honor Society…speaking of which, I missed the guys. Note to self: call up HS to hang out. I’ve even gotten supportive tweets. My court date was known by everyone. Debby (Ryan) tweeted sweetly to me, along with bigger, adult-like celebs such as Shia (giggles), Jordin, Carrie, Justin John (Mayer), Jimmy (Fallon), Justin (Beiber)…and so many more. Another note to self: Have Anna set up a date to get with Justin and just chill out. I‘ve always wanted to just be friends with him. He‘s an awesome artist and people are saying he‘s the next Nick Jonas…which has started some drama that involves me and Nick…but it isn’t so bad that it has to be addressed yet. He seems so sweet and I think we’d get along great. It felt really good to have the support of my idols, close friends and acquaintances.
~~~~~TIME LAPSE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“…miss Lewis…it’s your turn now” the extremely nice (to me) judge said. “You know both sides of the story…you know your parents better than I do…have you made a decision on what you would like to do?” he asked me.

I looked down at my hands on the table and back up at him. I turned my head around to look at Kevin, Joe, Danielle, Demi and Maya. I didn’t even know Danielle Demi and Maya were going to show up until we got to the court house and they were already here. I said I didn’t want anyone else to come…they didn’t listen. But how could I be mad at them. They were really my best friends. I look at the one that really mattered though…Nick. He gave me an encouraging nod and I sighed before turning back around. Anna grabbed my hand and gave an encouraging squeeze.

“Yes I have your honor…I would like to be emancipated,” I answered and a few gasps were heard as I saw both my mother and my fathers jaws dropped open and their eyes grew.

I turned and saw my friends smiling at me with approving smiles letting me know they had my back. The judge? He was smiling. He wasn’t shocked, surprised…maybe he did know my parents the way I did.

“Do you have a plan miss Lewis?” he asked kindly.

“Yes I do. I already have a very good job and I would be living with my manager Anna who has already been looking for houses and between both of us and our jobs, there’s no way we wouldn’t be able to get by,” I explained.

“Miss Styles, can you confirm this?”

“Yes I can your honor,” He smiled warmly at me.

“Then it’s settled…Rachael Lewis will be emancipated and live under the roof of Anna Styles.” the judge declared.

People began to disperse. My mother looked at me. She had sadness…disappointment…defeat…in her eyes. She walked out. My father on the other hand…came up to me.

“If you ever need anything at all…you have my number. I‘m not going anywhere,” he said and hugged me and walked out. The others all came over to me and Nick hugged me.

“You were great,” he whispered.

“Okay. Lets go party it up now,” Demi proclaimed and we all smiled and nodded.

“I’m just going to take Rachael to show her something and get her suitcase. We’ll meet you at the airport in 20 minutes…Nick you’re more than welcome to come along,” Anna said and he nodded with a smile so we all walked out.

We went to the car and Anna began to drive. “But Anna, my stuff is already in the trunk,” I reminded her. “Just wait,” was all she said.

After a few minutes, we pulled up to a really big house and I realized that it was actually really close to Nick’s, Miley’s and Demi’s…actually, it was in the same development; we weren’t even minutes away. I could walk to each of their houses if I wanted to.

“Anna, what are we doing here?” I questioned.

“This is our new house,” she stated with a big smile and got out, leaving me jaw dropped. Nick and I both got out. “Come on,” Anna said, still smiling.

We both followed her and went up onto the beautiful porch. She unlocked the door and we all walked in. Inside was amazing and so large. It wasn’t empty either because it was already furnished.

“I made sure everything was already set up for after the big weekend so you would already have a home to come to,” Anna said.

“Anna I love it. It’s amazing!” I hugged her.

“You dont even know the best part…upstairs is a huge room that can be just for your music…your guitars, your drum set, your violin…and go look in the living room, in the back corner” she ordered and I raced to the living room.

It looked like a normal, large living room with couches and a plasma screen…but the only thing that caught my eye…was the beautiful white piano in the back corner.

“It’s the piano you used to write Strong, when I first heard it and knew it would be a hit”

Flashback

I was sitting in a room for about a half hour now, because of a meeting that was set up for me to see if I was reallt “worth it”. I was tapping my foot impatiently and I was really restless…thinking about Nick. It’s been three full years to this day and Eric and I had just started dating. I saw the gorgeous white piano and walked over to it, sitting down and I began to play a few chords. I wrote the song in 10 minutes and I was playing it as I heard talking. I immediately stopped and spun around to see a woman in her early 20’s standing with a few important-looking men and they were all smiling at me. The woman had a sparkle in her eye as if she saw the future right in front of her.

End Flashback

“Anna…it’s beautiful…I thought I’d never see it again,” I said and grazed my hand on the top. It still looked brand new. “Thank you,” I said and hugged her again.

I noticed Nick was smiling at me…just starring me with eyes that made me feel like I was the only one I the room. “Okay…lets go to the airport now," she said and we nodded and left. Nick was about to follow her, thinking I was right behind him, but I grabbed his hand to stop him.

I pulled him close. “I don’t believe I have told you I loved you today,” I whispered and he smirked. “There’s no time like the present” he suggested, pulling my face closer to his.

“Nah…I think I’ll save it for later,” I joked lightly and he gave me a look.

“I love you Nicholas Jerry,” I whispered with a small smirk.

“I love you too Rachael Marie,” he replied and kissed me.

Like always…I felt the fireworks in my mouth. We pulled away and walked out the house together with our fingers laced. He opened my door for me, before getting in the back. Why was he so perfect…why was everything so perfect? Do I even deserve all of this?
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

banner made by U Got Nothing On Me!!! Thank You! its amazing!!!

<<333