‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

The Wedding

Today Kevin and Danielle are getting married. It’s a very exciting day. Right now I was in the brides quarters (which was a big, beautiful room) with Danielle helping with last minute touches while her sisters kept watch for when it was time.

“Dani…you look amazing,” I cooed.

She did. She looked absolutely beautiful. Kevin was going to forget to say I do, that’s how amazing she looked. “Thanks Rach,” she said and her voice sounded strange.

“Dani…deep breaths alright?” I ordered.

“Right,” she remembered and obliged.

“You get through this and after we’ll all party it up at the reception,” I reminded her and she seemed a bit more calm.

She hugged me and I hugged back. It was a comforting hug from me to her. I remembered when we first met Dani…it’s crazy how fast time goes by.

“Danielle…it’s time,” Kathleen (Dani‘s younger sister) said.

She took one more big breath and let it out as I held her hands securely. I gave her a bright, supportive smile and she smiled back and we walked to the door. Four hundred people were already seated and Kevin was at the altar, awaiting his brides arrival. The flower girl, ring bearer (Frankie), the brides maids, their escorts, the best men (Nick and Joe) and the maids of honor (me and Dina-Dani‘s oldest sister) got in order.

Nick and I were the last set to walk down the asile so Dani and her dad were lined up right behind us. Nick was at my side in seconds, smiling at me and I smiled back as I admired the look in his eyes. They were filled with so much happiness and excitement for his brother…I also saw the love he had for me…it was unmistakable. He kissed my cheek.

“Ready to walk down the asile?” he questioned as he offered his arm to me. “You bet,” I smiled and hooked my arm under his, resting my hand at the creese of his elbow. He was about to kiss me again.

“Hey you two, save if for your own wedding day,” Joe joked.

I blushed but stuck my tongue out at him as Nick playfully punched him and Joe was about to playfully punch back but I pushed him forward since it was his turn and both him and Dina walked down together as Dani and I were laughing.

They were three quarters of the way to the alter and Nick and I began walking to the music that was being played. All eyes watching us, knowing we were a couple…possibly thinking that we might have one of these some day…I saw Demi and Maya side by side and Demi was giving me a knowing smile as tears were brought to her eyes from her excitement but she held the tears in.

“You look absolutely beautiful,” Nick whispered in my ear. I blushed slightly.

The dresses Dani had picked out were beautiful…they matched her gorgeous dress. I had my hair done and I was wearing heels. I had a little makeup on too and some glitter.

“Thank you,” I whispered back.

We got to the alter and I saw Kevin was smiling at me so I smiled back and did a small wave gesture, he did it back and I made a kissing gesture with my lips, causing him to make an airy laugh no one could hear. He nodded at me. Nick and I came to a stop, we looked at each other and as we walked in different deriections, our hands departed in slow motion. I got to Dina’s side as we smiled at each other and stood side by side as the bride music began and everyone stood up. Dani and her dad began to walk down the aisle together. I admired the way she looked. How graceful she was. I looked over at Kevin and now he was smiling like crazy. His smile was so big it was making my cheeks hurt just looking at him. Then I looked over at Nick who standing a few feet behind him, next to Joe and he was smiling at me, so is smiled back and then directed my attention back to Dani. Today was hers and Kevin’s day…and there was no way anyone was going to ruin it. She made it to the alter, her father departed and went to his seat and the ceremony began as Dina and I stood behind Dani, with Joe and Nick behind Kevin.

Seeing Kevin and Dani getting married made me kind of upset and happy at the same time. It was definitely a bitter sweet moment. I was so overjoyed about Dani and Kevin getting married…you have no idea…but I still remember when Kevin had just started learning guitar…and when he taught me a few things. I remember when we first met Dani during our small vacation to the Bahamas. I remember it all like it was just yesterday. Knowing time goes past you so fast…kind of depresses me. It makes me really want to make a difference. Make a change in life. Live it up while I still can before anything life changing happens to me.

But all of the depressing and upsetting thoughts leave my mind when I looked over at Nick and imagined us getting married. Most people know we’ll get married some day. How do they know? Everything can change in a heart beat…yet I still cant disagree with them. I can most definitely see myself marrying Nick in two or three years…not even. I can see myself marrying Nick next year when we’re both eighteen. You probably know this already…and I probably said it before…but I cant see myself with anyone else. Whenever I think of the perfect man, the one I want to marry someday and spend the rest of my life with…I think of Nick. Now I know I just turned seventeen, but that’s one more year closer to such new things. A new life. New experiences. New opportunities to be exploited. Next year is a new year. A new way to start off new. A new beginning…and do you know who I see myself with? If you answered Eric…David…Jake…or anyone else’s name that isn’t Nick…you should get yourself checked at the doctors…but if you did answered Nick…you’re right (of course).

“…I now pronounce you husband and wife…you may kiss the bride,” the priest proclaimed, interrupting my thoughts and everyone roared with applauding and cheers like there was no tomorrow as Kevin and Danielle shared their first kiss as husband and wife.

I whistled and Dina laughed as I did so. Danielle was laughing as she pulled away from Kevin, looking at me. I winked and continued to clap, along with everyone else. I looked over at Nick and saw him smiling at me…teeth and all…I’ve been seeing a lot of his teeth more and more lately. The brides song began to be played at a fast speed as Kevin and Dani had linked arms, walking off the alter and Joe and Dina met in the middle, behind them, and then Nick and I met in the middle as well behind them. He kissed my cheek as we hooked arms again. I wasn’t sure why we didn’t enter in this order, since it was age order but that’s just not how it turned out. We all began to walk down the aisle to head out of the giant church-like room and the brides maids and their escorts all followed us out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The reception was great. The food was amazing. The song choice was awesome. Me, Demi and Maya danced together most of the time and we had Joe and Nick dancing with us as well…but just for a very short minute…when they weren’t going around talking to family and guests…and when Nick wasn’t having me tag along, making the world know we were together…like they didn’t already know (sarcasm). Denise and Paul made their speeches. Joe, Nick and Frankie made their speeches. Now it was my turn.

“Okay…well…” I started to say into the microphone as the DJ cut the music and I had all eyes on me as I stood in front of the DJ and his tracks.

“Before Kevin and Danielle have their big dance, I just want to say a few words…I don’t have a written speech because no matter how many times I’ve tried to write one…I could never form the right words. I was crossing out so many times and it ran way too long because had so much to say…so I decided to just wing it…no shocker there…” I said and received a few laughs.

I smiled brightly at everyone, looked at Nick who was smiling at me and I landed my eyes on Kevin and Danielle. “Kev…I remember when we first started to talk and get to know each other…it was like the third week for me being in New Jersey and you were really sick with the flu. You were also home alone for a few a bit so I thought I’d stop by and keep you company. I was so expecting it to be really awkward because we barely knew each other…but it wasn’t. It was anything but. I walked over to the house, you let me in and…we just started talking. It wasn’t even about anything specific, it was just random stuff. Life, school, friends. It got pretty deep at times…and I knew I would be able to go to you for anything. I felt that bond with you. The big brother, little sister bond. We learned guitar together…I taught you what I knew, you taught me what you knew…and with each day I am still being taught by you. Seven years later I still have that bond with you. I know I can still go to you for a good talk, or for some good advice or even just for some company…” I took a deep breath to hold back tears that were possibly on the way.

“And Dani…when I went up to you the day we met in the Bahamas…your face was priceless…it was a mix of being shocked because I went up to you and being weirded out because you most likely thought I was crazy for asking you to follow me…but I had a good feeling about you when I saw the way Kevin was looking at you. So I took a chance…and I’m so happy I did. That one day of getting to know each other…turned into a day that would change the future to what it is today…” I paused again and saw Dani was almost in tears and Kevin was looking at her with such love in his eyes.

“Seven years ago…if you asked me where I’d see myself in a few years…I’d most likely say ’probably still moving around with my mother…or in some horrid place, being some person I’m not…and not making anything of my life’…but I met this family that made me feel so welcome and made me feel a part of something…it made me feel like I had a real family who had my back when I needed it most…it changed my whole life…and now I like the thought of saying we are so happy to have a new addition to the family, Dani, we are so blessed to have you and Kevin together and I think I can speak for everyone when I say we wish you both eternal happiness and we’re overjoyed about today…” I took another deep breath and let out an airy laugh.

“So…now that I got all of that out and wasted some of your time…” I joked lightly. “I’d like to stop my babbling and let the bride and groom have their first dance as husband and wife together” I finished and handed the mic back to the DJ as the cheering and clapping began.

As Kevin and Danielle walked to the middle of the dance floor together, holding hands, I met them in the middle. I hugged Kevin first.

“I love you Kev,” I whispered.

“Love you too Rea,” he whispered and when we pulled away I kissed his cheek and he kissed mine, then hugged Dani.

“Thank you Rach…for being here, for giving the speech…for everything,” she whispered. “Of course…” I whispered and we both kissed each others cheek like Kevin and I had done.

I pulled away and got out of the middle as a spot light hit both of them and they began to dance to their song while everyone watched in a big oval surrounding the couple. I was standing next to Demi and we both watched in awe at the beautiful bride and groom. After a long two minutes, I saw Kevin give Nick a look, who was standing on the opposite side of the circle. He smiled with a nod and walked across the dance floor over to me.

“May I have this dance?” he questioned with bright eyes as he offered his hand to me.

I smiled back, nodded and took his hand. He lead me onto the dance floor, placed my hand on his shoulder as he grabbed my other hand with his and put his other hand on my waist. As he starred at me intently, we began to sway to the music. I saw other couples begin to join us.

I wanted a big wedding like this some day. One with my family and closest friends…but that couldn’t happen…not with my blood family anyway. But with my real family…now that was possible. The Jonas’. They were my family. They have been and always will be. I wanted so bad to just make it official already by marrying Nick. I wanted to marry him. If it was that easy, then it would’ve been done by now. I looked at Kevin and Danielle…and I saw myself and Nick…

“What are you thinking about?” his voice interrupted my thoughts with a playful tone and I looked at him. He was smirking and his eyes glowed for some reason…

“How do you know I’m thinking about anything?” I questioned, with a playful tone myself.

“You’re always thinking about something…plus you have that look on your face…a look that inspires me and wants me to just stare at you all day,” he replied and I rolled my eyes at him.

“I’m thinking about my wedding someday…” I answered.

“I thought so…who do you see yourself marrying?” he asked.

“You know”

“I don’t think I do”

“I don’t want to weird you out by saying it”

“You wont…because if we’re thinking the same thing then you’ll like my answer just as much as I’ll like yours”

“Obviously I see myself marrying you…you know that”

“I know. But I like to hear you say it”

“Idiot,” I muttered, jokingly. He was smiling at me. “You know…I really do see myself with you…forever Nick…you know that right?”

“Of course I do Rea…and you know I want to spend the rest of my life with you…and I want you to know that even if we don’t end up being married…I still want to be part of your life…I just want you to be happy…”

“I know that…but you don’t have to worry about that…I love you and only you…that will never change,” I told him as I cupped his cheek with one hand and he grabbed it lightly with his.

Then I wrapped my arms around his neck as he rested his hands at my waist and we got comfortable with out position as I rested my head in between his chest and his shoulder. It was true…everything I said. I wanted Nick. I loved Nick. No one else. There was no way in any other life or universe that would change my mind. Even if (God forbid) we do breakup…I will always love and want Nick.

My POV

I knew what Rachael was thinking about. I know her better than anyone…better than Miley, better than Anna, better than Demi…even though Demi is definitely up there, almost tied with me. She was thinking about her wedding…more like our wedding. I’ve seen it happening before. I’ve dreamt about that day…and whenever I did, it always her face who invaded my dream…invaded my thoughts…it was her who took the place of my bride. Rachael’s the one. She always has been the one. She always will be the one. The one I want to be with always. The one who’s always there when I need her most. The one who will be crying on my shoulder when she needs my comfort. The one I wake up to in the morning. The one I want to raise a family with. I’m ready for it. I’m ready to take on the world and take on a new life together with Rachael. I’ve always been ready for it…but I’ve just needed more time to prepare…more time to think about my game plan. I want her to be happy…and I want her to get her happy ending…she deserves it…so if she says it’s me she wants to be with forever…then that’s what she gets…and with that game plan, we’re both happy. So it’s a win-win situation. She gets her happy ending. I get the love of my life. My high school sweat heart…and the whole idea of it all, causes butterflies to erupt. It makes me nauseous…but in a good way. She pulled away and I looked into her bright blue eyes…as if reading all of my thoughts about her. She smiled lightly and kissed me. Let me tell you…I never get tired of her kisses.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

okay
so of course i had to write about the wedding
it was a def must have ^-^
i hope it was good
and i wish the best wishes to Kev and Danielle :)

<<333