‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Perfect...Like Always

Rachael’s POV

Kevin and Danielle are now married and honey mooning in Mexico. Joe, Nick and I went skiing together and we just hung out. It felt almost empty without having Kevin while we hung out but we made the most of it. Now it was Christmas Eve and we were all in New Jersey…and guess what…it was snowing! Anna, Paul and Denise were in the kitchen having hot chocolate and I think Frankie was at a friends house while Joe went out somewhere…who knows. It’s very hard to keep track of him sometimes. After a lot of begging, pleading and some puppy dog pouts…I got Nick to agree and go outside with me. We suited up and went out in the snow.

I got him to make a snow man with me…it was more of an attempt though and it just ended up being a big pile of snow as he tackled me down, into our “snow man” and we just laid there in the soft snow. I looked up at the flakes falling. I shut my eyes and I felt the watery objects falling from the sky. I opened my eyes again and saw Nick hovering over me. He pushed some of my hair back with his snowy glove and smiled lightly. I smiled back. He put his lips on mine and warmness overwhelmed my body.

The kiss was perfect…like always…but was interrupted by a snow ball hitting Nick in the back of the head. We both snapped our heads up to see Maya and Joe laughing and they high fived each other…one snow ball to the head led to a whole big snow ball war.

Once we finally decided to go inside because it was freezing outside, we all changed. I got into a pair of jeans that fit me snuggly and a long sleeved shirt that hugged my curves just right. I walked downstairs and to the laundry room to throw my stuff into the dryer as I felt hands grab my waist.

“Grab your boots and your coat…we’re going out for lunch,” Nick said to me.

I spun around and smiled. We walked back to the closet in the living room so I could grab my black trench coat and put on my boots. Nick told everyone we were going out for a bit but would be back before Christmas Eve dinner.

We got to his car and he began to drive. “So where are we going?”

“Surprise,” was all he said.

“Why is it that whenever we go out together it’s always a surprise on where we’re going?” I questioned with air quotes.

“I think you’re going to use that excuse one day, drag me to a dark alley and kill me,” I joked. He chuckled.

“Silly, silly girl…I wouldn’t drag you to an alley. You’re much too pretty for one…maybe a sound proof closet would do…”

“Ha. Ha you’re so funny,” I made a face at him and he laughed before stopping the car, leaning over and kissing me.

I didn’t kiss back. He pulled away and pouted as he gave me a look. He cupped my face with both hands and kissed me again…this time I just couldn’t help but kiss back. We pulled away and he smiled with satisfaction.

“Not fair,” I mumbled and crossed my arms. He got out, came to my side and opened my door.

“Come on babe…” he began to say with a playful tone.

“Don’t ‘come on babe’ me…”

“It’s snowing…” he sang.

I was silent.

“Fine. But only for the snow,” I said and unbuckled my seat belt.

“Good to know you love the snow more than me,” he smirked as he took my hand, helping me out of the car and shutting the door.

“Hey, the snow and I have had a much longer relationship than you and I have Nicholas…but don’t worry, you’re right up on top…almost tied with the snow”

It was my turn to smirk. His lips formed a firm line upon his face but he couldn’t fool me…his eyes told me and showed me all. They showed me everything he felt…everything he was really saying…the real meaning behind his words. He kissed me hard and passionately. I was taken back by it and I wasn’t expecting it. It was with so much force, I stumbled back slightly so my back hit the car. He pulled away quickly.

“I better be up there next to snow,” he whispered and I smiled…hiding the fact that I got chills. See? He knows it :).

He smiled and put his arm around my waist pulling me close to him as we walked in together to the fancy restaurant. We walked in and were immediately approached by a woman who was around her 30’s. She smiled warmly.

“We have a reservation under Jonas,” he told her.

“Yes, follow me” she said in a tone that made it sound like this was so confidential…and to tell you the truth…I really hoped it was.

We followed her to a back corner where we wouldn’t be noticed. She introduced herself as our waitress, we thanked her, Nick gave her our drink orders and she walked away. We both sat down and we started talking. Not anything in particular, just about what we’ve been up to…more like what I’ve been up to. He listened intently to me speak about new song ideas, photo shoots for magazines…and just everything in general.

After we had lunch, a tray came out…with chocolate covered strawberries on it! I smiled brightly as the big platter of them was set in front of us. We…I…began to eat them. I laughed and giggled as he just watched me eat them and had like just two.

“Nick. Please have more. I feel so …eck…and fat cause I’m the only one eating them…” He gave me a look. “I know I’m not fat…just eat more of them” I urged and fed him one.

He smiled as he happily ate it. Once I fed it to him, I wiped my hands on my napkin and folded them on the table. “So tell me…what was tonight about? Was it just a regular Christmas Eve lunch, or did you just want to come out for lunch?”

“Both…tomorrow we wouldn’t get the chance to be alone much…none the less come out for a special Christmas dinner…” He reached into his pocket and took out a rectangular box, placed it on the table and slid it over to me. “Merry Christmas” he smiled.

I smiled back and took it. I, then reached into my coat pocket and took out a small box. I slid it to him and he smiled. “Merry Christmas” I said back. He looked at me first and waited patiently.

“On three…one…”

“Two…”

“Three,” I finished and we began unwrapping.

When I unwrapped the box, I opened it and saw a beautiful choker necklace. It had a velvety feel and a blue medalian in the front, in the shape of a heart. I opened it up and saw a picture of Nick and I together, laughing. I looked up at him and saw he unwrapped the paper but didn’t open the box yet. I scowled.

“Not fair…I love it though. Thank you,” I said and got up. I went over to him, sat on his lap and kissed his cheek.

“Now you’ll always have my heart,” he murmured against my hair. “Put it on me?” I asked and he happily obliged.

Once he did so, it fit perfectly, snug against my neck. Beneath my shirt I felt my dog tag he had given me the Christmas of 2007 and the heart locket he had given me on our first Valentines day.

“Your turn,” I smiled and he opened the box to reveal a brand new rolex watch. “It’s not like I got it to make you wear a new watch because know that one is special…but I saw you looking at this one the other day and now you have two you can wear for different occasions” I explained.

He didn’t pick up the rolex watch though…he picked up the guitar pick that was settled in the middle of the box. It had said True Love on it. Now I had a ring, he gave me that said thoes words and he had a guitar pick from me with the same words.

“I love it…and the watch,” he said with a tone that made me feel so warm. I giggled. “Thank you” he added and kissed my lips.

When we pulled away I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. I felt him set the box down on the table and wrap his arms around me. His embrace made me feel at home…it made me feel protected…it made me feel loved.

“Merry Christmas Nick,” I whispered.

“Merry Christmas Rea,” he whispered back.

I felt tears fill my eyes…but I held them back. It was definitely a picture perfect moment…I took my camera out and as I stayed on Nick’s lap, we both laughed and smiled brightly as I took a picture of us. Picture perfect…that’s what my life was…in some areas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

okay i think this one is shorter than most
but its something
but now...i must say i need just a small break. possibly lasting till the end of break
i need time during the holidays to just be with family and not be up so late every night doing this stuff
i hope u all understand
i hope everyone had an excelent christmas today!!
from the voice of our very own Joe Jonas...id like to wish u all a happy holidays: merry christmas, happy hanakah, kwanza, ziggy ziggy zam ;)
hahahaahaha gotta love him


<<333