‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

DJ Cruz

We had our interview with Jimmy and I have to admit I missed being on his show. He’s the bomb. I performed at the end of the show and then we went right to our radio interview but before we went in, we signed some autographs and then went in. We talked about the movie and about what happened on the plane and pretty much everything we’ve been saying today. He also asked me questions about my movie that is supposed to be made with Shia LeBeouf.

“Yes actually, I got this part last year for my seventeenth birthday but my publicist, Anna, had mad connections with people so she got me this part before anyone even knew there would be a movie about anything…this whole year the director was holding auditions to see who else would be in it, I’m so excited, I already have my lines down and we start filming in January, they were hoping it would come out by the end of 2011”

“Wow, that soon?”

“Yep”

“Acting seems to be really taking over your life status. If you ever had to choose, music or acting, which would it be?”

“That’s a really hard question. I love doing both…but I think I would have to choose singing because I’m always singing and I love performing and it was my voice that got me noticed. I wasn’t auditioning for my acting skills…I wasn’t even auditioning for my singing either, but when I went to the studio one day with Taylor, they wanted to get me signed…so I think I would definitely choose singing because it’s what got me this far”

~~~~~

After that, Demi, Joe and I said good bye to David and Jake and headed over to have our own radio interview.

“You’re listening to DJ Cruz on the air with three of the hottest stars in the world, Demi Lovato, Joe Jonas and Rachael Lewis and I’m here to get the scoop on what’s going on in their lives…you all have no idea how many fans are outside the studio right now, is it weird to always have people waiting outside your hotels or whenever you’re out and about? You all must be used to it by now”

“I don’t think it’s ever something you get used to” Joe started.

“Yea, we have extremely devoted fans…” Demi added.

“And they mean the world to us, without them, we wouldn’t be where we are today” I finished.

“Do two always finish each others sentences?” he asked.

“Not all the time” Demi and I answered and smiled brightly.

“Does that ever get annoying?” he asked Joe.

“You can only imagine what I go through when these two are together”

“Oh he’s just upset because Demi and I pranked him on the plane ride over here”

“Who carries around a can of silly string around with them?”

“You did when you were eighteen, on tour with Miley”

“Because I was never safe! You and Miley were always in conspiracy”

“How did that go?” Demi laughed.

“Lets just say…it never ended well for any of us” I said and DJ Cruz laughed.

“Sounds like you have a lot of fun…Rachael, you have quite a history with the biggest stars of our time, you have a history with the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, do you think it’s weird?”

“In a way, I guess…I first met the guys, Miley and Taylor when I was like ten and I was becoming a teenager…I knew they would make it big…I never really saw myself becoming big like them because they all have amazing talent and I was always just the girl next door…”

“To me, it sounds like fait…when you two met for the first time did you click right away?” he asked Demi and I.

“Oh yea, we actually met for the first time on the set of Camp Rock, Rachael helped me right a song I was stuck on and ever since we were extremely close”

“And now we’re even closer…”

“Is it because Selena is now out of the picture, what’s the full status on you three? Some people have said that you‘re mad at Selena for moving in on Nick”

“I think that’s the most frequent question I’ve been asked this year…umm I’m not really mad at Selena, her and Nick are close friends and I have no problem with it, but at first when we first met through Demi and I guest starred on Wizards, we did become close but not close enough to actually keep in touch I suppose…we just don’t really have the time to talk and hang out with each other. She’s been working her way up to the top and I’m proud of her for that…and as for her and Demi…I think some people just change, they went in different directions”

“Why do you think you and Demi are closer than she ever was with Selena? Because everyone sees how much you two hang out”

“I think it’s because we were able to spend a whole summer with an additional two months together…we made Camp Rock together and then we also went on tour with Taylor and the Jonas Brothers and I don’t know, maybe it was just because we clicked so easily”

“Anything to add Demi?”

“Nope…no comment…I couldn’t have said it better myself” she replied but I could tell she was annoyed at the topic.

“Okay well next topic then…you were on Ellen’s show today Rachael and there, Ellen played a couple of past songs. I think most of us noticed that most of those songs were duets between you and Nick. Care to share?”

“Well there’s nothing much to share…”

“Why Nick? Why not Joe or Kevin?”

“Well actually Rachael and I have been collaborating a lot lately…” Joe tried to help.

“But over the years, these songs obviously meant something for you and Nick…there’s What If, On The Line, World War 3, Used To…”

On The Line was for Demi’s album that she sang with me, Nick and Demi…” Joe tried again. This man was very insipid. One minute, he seems cool and down to earth…the next, he’s throwing question after question.

“Even so…can we expect anymore duets?”

“You never know…”

“Is Hate You about Nick?”

“Well…I…”

“Is Stay about you?”

“I don’t think…”

“Do you see Nick every day? Don’t you live in the same development as the Jonas Brothers, Demi and Miley…?”

“Yea I do, but I…”

“Can you tell us the story behind Starts With Good Bye? Everyone figured it was about Nick since you performed the song around the same time you both broke up”

“Well there’s not really a story…”

“Why is it that it seems like every Valentines day, you and Nick don’t get along. Was it always like that?”

“Well kinda…”

“What do you have to say about Miley’s choices lately?”

“I have nothing to say…” I said, now getting defensive.

No one talks bad about Miley and gets off easy with me. “And what’s the real story behind your father disappearing when you were a kid, then re-appearing and what does Nick and all of your peers have to say about your mothers present status”

I was so over whelmed by all of his questions, this time I just started stuttering, I didn’t know what to say at all. I couldn’t think straight and I suddenly felt clammy and claustrophobic…I hid my reaction though…but Joe and Demi could tell I was over whelmed because then they jumped in.

“Hey!” Demi berated.

“I think that’s enough questions…” Joe added

“Hey DJ Cruz…” Demi mocked. “How’s the wife? I heard she’s doing really well” she said sarcastically.

“The kids too? I hear they arent talking to you? What do you have to say about that?” Joe added.

“What’s the story behind you and your so called best friend going behind your back and stealing your light” Demi sneered and smirked.

“Hey, I would’ve been a great director…”

“Oh, I’m sure. Especially after all the publicity you’ve been getting from your drug dealers right?” Joe said.

Now, his mouth was wide open. No one has ever tried using his life against him…until now. “Okay guys. I think he gets it…it’s okay…” I told them so they stopped.

Everyone was silent as they were all sneering at one another. “So…how about them Yankees” I joked ever so lightly.

But before anyone could even think to answer, Anna came in. “We’re done here. You are not to use any of what happened just now. If I hear anything that was said today is on the radio, I will sue” she informed him and gave him the eye that no one ever wants to receive from Anna.

Anna had these certain looks that everyone was afraid of getting. They must have a death wish if they cross Anna.

“Come on guys” she said and the three of us all got up and followed Anna out to Big Rob who was now with her.

His plane was delayed so we had to settle for regular security surrounding us but he was here now, so we were aloud to actually walk places. As soon as we reached outside, fans started screaming for us as security was holding them back. None of us said a word as we politely smiled and signed some autographs and smiled for the fans’ pictures. Then we got into our transportation and Big Rob began to drive. We waited a few minutes before looking at one another…we were silent…but it soon turned into hysterical laughter.

“Did you see his face when Joe and I started throwing our questions?” Demi laughed.

“I did! Big Rob, you should’ve seen it! Demi and Joe were kicking ass. How did you guys know all of that?” I asked.

Then they both pulled out ear pieces and Anna turned around to show me a walky talky in her hands.

“I knew this was going to happen, so I did some research last night on this guy and just told Demi and Joe what I found out…they’re the ones that made it seem even better” she informed me.

“Awe, you guys are seriously the best” I cooed as I hugged Demi and then Joe.

“Like I said, no one messes with my little Rea-rea” Joe said and messed up my hair a little. I just laughed.

“So where to now?” Demi asked.

“Well, you’re all free for the rest of the afternoon…it’s your choice”

“Well…we are in New York City right now…you two up for a little walking around?” I asked and they both smiled brightly.

“Lets do it!” Demi said excitedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333