‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Dont Be Mad

The concert ended with Demi, Joe, Nick and I were in the middle of the stage with foam all over us because for our last new song we all wrote together, we took foam guns and sprayed the whole audience but Justin surprised all of us by running out onto the stage and spraying us as well. I hugged him and laughed as we all took our bows and everyone was screaming for us and throwing flowers and…other things that shall remain unmentioned…onto the stage. As we all got off the stage, I was talking to Justin as Nick told me to meet him at his dressing room. I agreed as Justin and I went together down the hallway and somehow we got mobbed by the paparazzi. Big Rob came to the rescue though. Justin and I said quick good byes and I rushed into the dressing room.

“Tonight was amazing! I…” I started to say excitedly when I realized the room was unusually quiet.

I saw Joe and Demi giving me looks…and I couldn’t exactly read their expressions but I don’t think they were good. My eyes landed on Nick who was looking at a magazine.

“Hey…what do you have there?” I asked gently as I grabbed a towel to try and attempt to get the foam off me.

“Why was Eric seen leaving your house the night I was in Tennessee?” he asked.

There was no attitude and no cruelty or accusing. He tried to seem calm but I could tell he was being petulant. The truth was now, officially, inevitable. Demi and Joe discreetly left the room as Nick‘s never left me, filled with only curiosity showing.

“Umm he came by to apologize…” I mumbled, turning my back to take my shirt off so I was only in jeans and my skin tight, spaghetti strap tank top.

“What for? What did he do now?” he asked and now I heard the venom and viciousness, I almost cringed.

It wasn’t toward me but it still sounded painful. I sighed as tears began to fill my eyes just at the memory of what Eric did…or what he tried to do.

“Rachael…what did he do?” he asked again…this time, his voice was gentle…and filled with concern.

He came to my side and grabbed my hand to turn me around and I looked him in the eyes. “Rea…what happened,” he demanded, now with full concern all over his face.

So…I began to tell him. I told him what happened after his sisters funeral…and how Joe came rushing up…and how he came by apologizing that night Joe and Demi were over.

“…but I told him I was done with him, I told him I didn’t want him around ruining my life anymore. I told him I love you and I didn’t want him ruining anything else…”

He was outraged…I could tell. He swung the door open to reveal an eves dropping Demi and Joe.

“And you two knew about this and didn’t tell me?!” he exclaimed.

“I asked them not to…it’s my fault…” I told him and he faced me again.

“I don’t want you to be mad at me…I don’t want you to be mad at all”

“I’m not mad at you…I’m mad about the fact that you didn’t tell me about this…I’m mad that all of youdidn’t tell me about this…” he said and then avoided all of our gazes.

“I have to go…I’ll see you all tomorrow,” he said and rushed out.

“Nick!” I called after him but he kept going.

I looked to Joe and Demi for some kind of reassurance I guess…but they weren’t much of a help.

My POV

I got to my car, luckily, without anyone seeing. It was dark so it made things easier. I couldn’t believe she wouldn’t tell me about something like this. There was no way I was mad at Rachael…and I would never let this get between us, if that’s what you’re thinking. I am not messing up again…but I was worried. Not only about Rachael…but about what I was doing. The only thing I wanted to do was beat the shit out of Eric right now…but I couldn’t do that. Not only will the press get right on the story but Rachael wouldn’t be too happy with me. She’s not happy with Eric but she wouldn’t want me to solve it that way. I could tell she was frustrated, upset and angry toward Eric just from her tone…and when the tears were in here eyes I was ready to just leave and hunt Eric down. I had to think about what I was feeling…what Rachael was thinking when she didn’t tell me…which is why I had to come for a drive. But that was when I started to realize that whenever I had to think…I went to see Rachael. I talked to Rachael when I had problems…so why is it so different now? Maybe because we’re older? I’m thinking more and more about our future together? Is that wrong to say? It shouldn’t be this way…why did I run off? Oh yea, because I’m acting like I’m fifteen again. Not being able to face Rachael when a problem comes. I have to stop this. If I want to spend forever with Rachael, I have got to man up and talk to her about all of this and she cant be so estranged anymore. I know she doesn’t like talking about some stuff and she does anyway…but I want her to just be open with me…like the way it used to be. I love her…it’s inevitable…

My thoughts were interrupted by my cell phone ringing. I saw it was Joe and I answered. Before I even said anything, I heard a lot of noise in the background and Joe was coughing.

“Nick! The theater is burning down! Rachael didn’t make it out yet!” Joe yelled.

“What the hell are you talking about?!” I snapped.

“As soon as you left, something caught fire and now it’s the whole building and Rachael is still inside,” he said.

I threw my phone to the passenger seat and spun the car around in the middle of road with people honking at me. I didn’t care though. I sped down back the way I came with only thought on my mind…Rachael’s safety.

~~~~

I got back there in minutes just to see police cars and fire trucks outside the burning building that I was just in only minutes ago. Joe and Demi rushed over to me as I slammed the door shut.

“Where is she?” I asked in a panic.

“She was right behind us when we were running out,” Demi said and I could here her voice shake.

“Rachael!” I yelled and lunged toward the building, ready to go in but Joe grabbed me and held me back tightly.

No matter how much I struggled, I couldn’t break Joe’s grip as I watched the building burn with the love of my life inside.

Rachael's POV

I was so close to the exit. I lost Joe and Demi because a wooden plank fell right in front of me. I couldn’t see because the flames and the smoke were too much. My lungs burned, begging for fresh air. I was still just in my jeans and my skin tight tank top and not even that made it better…it felt like my clothing was making everything even worse. I finally saw my way of escape and dashed toward the exit as I saw a fireman entering.

“Hello!?” he yelled.

“Over here!” I yelled and then coughed.

He rushed right over to me and protected me as he rushed me out and I was coughing like crazy. “Rachael!” I heard someone call.

My vision was kind of blurry though. Once it was adjusted a little, I saw it was Nick, running over to me while Demi was hugging and holding onto Joe like she was holding onto dear life with tears stains on her face. They both looked over at me and dashed toward me but security was holding them back. I saw one of them was Big Rob and Anna, Zach and the whole Jonas clan was now over there too with complete panic over their faces as security held them back.

“Miss, are you alright?” I heard an echo.

I looked up at the fireman and saw he was speaking to me. I couldn’t focus on anything though. “Let them through” was all I said and he quickly demanded something of the security that was holding back Nick, Joe and Demi.

Nick dashed passed them toward me. I stood up straight and got wrapped in Nick’s arms in a big hug as I hugged back. “You scared the hell out of me” he whispered.

Then Demi and Joe came and hugged me as well. “Miss Lewis. We should really take you to the hospital to make sure everything is checked out” a paramedic informed and I was suddenly besieged by all types of authorities.

“I’m fine,” I told them.

“Rachael I have to agree with them,” Demi said.

“I said I was…”

But my words were cut off by me throwing up. All I remember is that Nick and Demi were holding my hair as Joe was rubbing my back…and then I passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333