‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Such A Mess

“Eric…what are you doing here?” I whispered as I took a few steps forward.

Honestly? I wanted to run into his arms and hug him tight…don’t get me wrong, I don’t have feelings for him…okay maybe I do, but they aren’t as strong as they once were, and they aren’t the same feelings I have for Nick…but they were still feelings. At one point I actually thought I was falling in love with him…but he hurt me…and I guess I hurt him too…he saw it coming (me ending up with Nick) he tried to prevent it…but I guess I hurt him in the end too. He stayed in his spot, eyeing me carefully. He took a few cautious steps forward and then stopped.

“I wasn’t going to miss your first movie premier,” was all he said.

I just stood there…speechless. It’s only a few days from being two full years now since we last saw each other…and here he is. “Eric…I don’t think it’s a very good idea for you to be here right now,” I murmured but he still heard me.

“Why not?” his smile faltered. “I know you’re with Nick…but maybe since you’re both together now, he wont be so mad at me…”

“My father’s here too…he knows what went on…”

“Your father?” he questioned with a shocked tone

He knows what went down with my dad.

“Yes…you don’t read tabloids much do you,” I joked very lightly.

“But neither do you," he countered.

“But I have a publicist who tells me this stuff…my parents have been fighting over custody,” I finally said and his expression saddened.

“Oh Rachael, I’m…” he started saying but was interrupted as Nick came out of the building, laughing with Jake but he immediately stopped in his tracks when he saw Eric.

“What are you doing here?” Nick snapped as he took a threatening step forward but stayed in his spot.

“I didn’t come to cause trouble,” Eric said genuinely.

“Well that’s obviously a lie,” Nick commented with a sarcastic manor as he took a few more steps forward and his fists were ready to swing.

“Nick, stop," I demanded as I got in front of him and put both hands on his chest.

“No Rachael, let him go, if he really wants to fight, lets do it,” Eric challenged as he took steps toward us as well and I put one hand on his chest to stop him so I was now in the middle of them.

“Guys stop it, right now," I demanded.

But I felt like they were ignoring me the whole time as they glared at each other. They both over towered me and looked at each other with hating eyes.

“Okay, okay, we all just have to calm down here,” Jake added as he quickly got to us and helped me keep them both apart.

I knew Nick wasn’t ever one for violence and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him so mad before…

“Hey, hey, hey what’s going on here?” Kevin quickly interrupted as him and Joe came rushing out but stopped in their tracks when they saw who else was here.

“Okay everyone needs to just…calm. Down.” I said slowly.

Nick took a quick glance at me and I saw his expression softened ever so slightly but as soon as his eyes met Erics again, his expression hardened once more.

“Okay Rachael…” Joe started as he used some guy code with Jake.

In an instant I was in the air with Joe holding one of my arms and Jake was holding my other and they both carried me away out of the middle of two guys that I cared about but were going to beat the crap out of each other.

I tried to make a break for it and run back to them but Joe wrapped an arm around my waist, holding me back so I stopped struggling, knowing I wouldn’t be able to break free of his grasp.

“Nick, mom, dad and Frankie could come out any minute, do you really want them seeing you going up against Eric?” Kevin asked, keeping his distance, but being close enough to the boys.

“I know mom and dad took Frankie home, Kevin,” he snapped, never letting his eyes leave Erics glare. Then they both got closer to each other in a guys-bumping chests kind of way.

“What’s going on over here?” Miley asked as her, Demi, Selena and Taylor came over to us.

Now we were drawing some attention from the few celebs that were leaving last minute, which caused the paparazzi to look out way and “discreetly” take pictures.

“Nick, Eric, come on guys, don’t do this, not here,” I pleaded. They ignored me. “Nick!” I snapped so he looked at me. “Not. Here.” I said sternly and then gestured to the people around us with my eyes.

So he became less tense and looked at the ground with a guilty expression. “Rachael!” Anna yelled and ran over to us.

“Thank goodness,” I mumbled.

“Rachael it’s your mom…she’s in the hospital,” was all she said as I felt my heart stop.

PAGE BREAK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now 11:00 at night and I’ve been waiting in the stupid waiting room for a good hour now. Anna was busy trying to get some kind of information out of the doctor. I was pacing around and I stopped, leaning against the wall. The whole room was filled with Nick, Joe, Kevin, Frankie, Paul, Denise, Danielle, so all the Jonas’ (and soon-to-be Jonas) and the Cyrus’, Miley, Billy Ray, Trish, Noah, even Brandy, Braison and Trace were there…which caused awkward tension because of how Demi was there as well with her mom. Selena was beside her with her mom and step-dad and Taylor was there as well which also added to the tension because of Joe being in the room. Eric was there as well, he was sitting secluded from everyone else…but so was Nick. They both looked deep in thought. I ignored them both though and walked over to Taylor.

“Tay…you really should get on a plane back over to London, you have a concert in a few hours over there,” She opened her mouth to speak but I stopped her. “And I wont let you cancel it, you’ve never had to cancel one before and I’m not letting you do that now”

She gave me a long hard, sympathetic look...but then agreed. "Okay...but you are to text me as soon as possible, right when u find something out," she ordered.

"Will do," I promised and we hugged. She said good bye to the girls and left. Then I moved to Demi and Selena.

"You both should really be going too," I tried.

"No way," they both said.

"Sel you have to get to work in just a few hours, you can film with dark circles under your eyes and when you really want to just collapse onto the set"

"I won't want to"

"You can't film when your exhausted," She was about to protest again.

"Maybe Rachael is right hon...and Jenny won't be too happy if your way too tired on set," Mrs. Gomez tried and Sel sighed. Jenny was her publicist.

"Okay fine...but I'm calling you tomorrow on my first break," she said and I smiled as we hugged, secretly thanking her mom.

I didn't want any of hem leaving, I needed them with me, I needed their support...but it wasn't right of me to keep them here when they all had jobs and duties to report to. I held onto Sel for a few more seconds as she did the same to me and then we pulled away and they left. I then looked at Demi, giving her a look.

"Yea right," was all she said as she folded her arms across her chest and sat back in the chair. Then I looked at Miley.

"Dont even try," was all she said before I could even say anything.

I sighed with a nod and sat in the now empty seat beside Demi and Miley stood up and came over and sat on my other side so they both began to comfort me. I was very lucky to have them.

My POV

I sat in the corner, secluded from everyone, as I watched Rachael talking to the girls. She got Taylor to leave and then Selena...I couldn't hear what they were saying but I knew it took a lot for them to leave and for Rachael to get them to leave. I saw Demi and Miley stay though, which I knew is what would happen. I felt guilty and upset with myself...and I didn't know what to do. I think Rea was mad at me, I wouldn't blame her though. I was a complete moron at the premier, attracting the attention from being in Erics face...and I swear if Rachael wasn't there I would’ve kicked his ass for jut showing his face. The reminder of the premier filled me with anger and confusion. I looked up at Eric who was in a different corner and he looked stressed. He looked up as well and I glared at him. He didn’t return it though. He just stared at me for a long moment an I felt my glare fading away off of my face.

As Rachael’s boyfriend I should be a little defensive and protective right? But as Rachael’s best friend...I should just be supportive. I know she loves me...that's all I should need...

"Hey can I talk to you?" a voice asked and when I looked up I saw it was Eric.

Everyone was looking at us, most likely making sure I don't punch he guy until he's crippled. But the only person I looked at was Rachael. She had a pleading look in her eyes. I sighed and then nodded. We walked out of the waiting room and down the hallway and he turned around suddenly.

“Look…I really didn’t come for trouble…I came here for Rachael…as a friend…I have no intention in stealing her from you…even if I did, there would be no way I would be able to succeed….she loves you, I can see that, I’ve seen that ever since I met you, I saw the way you looked at her and I saw the way she acted with you…it may have been seeming like she was just the best friend but I knew she still loved you, three years later…through everything you’ve been through…all the pain you caused her…she still loves you,” he explained.

Okay…I wanted to punch him again. I found no way of defending myself because he was right…but I still protested. “Hey, I’m not the only one that has caused her pain alright, when you left her at that party two years ago, she was heart broken…”

“Yes I know she was, I could see it in her eyes, but who did I leave in charge to help pick up the pieces? You. I left you in charge…I wanted what was best for Rachael and I wasn’t it…you were…” his voice trailed off as he realized I understood.

He did all of that just so Rachael and I could be together. He broke the heart of a girl he cared deeply for so I could have her back…and for that I have to be eternally grateful. I saw the passion in his eyes…the passion he had for Rachael…it made me feel jealous and yet sorry. She chose me. The one who broke her…and who left her broken for three years…the one who was with her best friend for two years…the one who then kissed her best friend and everyone found out about it. All of this and so much more has happened…yet she still chose me.

I saw how stressed he looked as he pushed his hair back with his hand and gripped onto it. I went to open my mouth to say something…anything at all…to possibly apologize…

“Everything okay over here?” her voice sang through out my ears.

I saw Eric readjusted his hair and re-composed himself as I turned around to face a nervous-looking Rachael. “Yea everything’s fine…” I assured her and then I looked at the floor before looking back at her.

“Rea, why don’t I go get you a cup of coffee, you look exhausted,” I said sincerely as I looked at her bright blue eyes that seemed so dull and sad at the moment that I felt myself break inside. She smiled lightly though.

“I’d like that, thank you,” she said and kissed me lightly. I smiled at her before walking away. They had to talk, I could tell…it was the least I could do.

Rachaels POV

Nick began walking away as I starred at him in shock. He actually left me alone with Eric. I looked back at Eric.

"I think we should talk," I said and he nodded in agreement.

We both went a little further down the hallway and sat in two chairs. We were silent at first. "...why are you really here Eric?" I asked, avoiding his eyes.

"I have to admit...I missed you..."

"Two years of not seeing each other and you think you have the right to come back and tell me you missed me?" I scowled.

But even though my tone was harsh and not needed, he wasn't phased.

"Its not the only reason...I don't know if you remember but when we were together...I promised you I would be there for you when you had your first movie premier for your own movie...and as soon as I heard about it, I did everything I could to get there..."

I did remember that night.

Flashback

It was right when I first started to get to the top. I just met Anna and she was already working on moving most of my stuff to California and Eric and I were riding our horses. We went to the top of a hill to over look the sun set as some stars began to come out. Everything was so perfect. I had the perfect boyfriend of almost six months and we were already pretty serious.

“Hey Rea?” he spoke.

It hurt slightly to hear that because of how I used to only let Nick call me Rea…but I ignored the feeling. I smiled at him.

“When you get really famous…promise you wont forget who you really are…and don’t forget me,” he joked lightly. The promise seemed all too familiar

“Of course I wont…” I said sincerely.

“Just thinking about it, makes me feel so proud of you…you’re gonna be known all around the world, singing and acting…going to premiers…having premiers”

“That you’ll of course be coming to. I don’t know how I’ll survive my first premier…if I even have one. I might not even be a good actress”

“You’ll be amazing…and I’ll be at your first premier, there’s no way I’m going to miss that”

“Promise?”

“Promise,” he confirmed.

Then he got his horse to move closer to mine, he leaned over as I smiled, acknowledging his motion by doing the same and our lips met. We pulled away and I looked into his eyes. They were so beautiful and I swore I was falling in love…again.

End Flashback


Everything about me and Eric was so perfect. He was perfect for me. He was a gentlemen, sweet, nice, caring, generous, he bought me flowers, chocolate kisses, took me out to lunch or dinner…he had a sense of humor, a beautiful smile, amazing eyes. He was always there for me when I was feeling slightly depressed…he took my mind off of the life I did have in Jersey. Every day I was closer and closer to saying I love you to him, but I just couldn’t…thank God he didn’t say it to me. He was all of these perfect things and yet I always went back to the guy who broke me into a million pieces…Nick. I do believe that I loved Eric at one point but the feeling just isn’t as strong as it is with Nick. With Nick…I don’t know what it is but it’s completely different…if you get what I mean.

"I was there before the movie but I thought it would’ve been best if I waited until after...and I have to say that I saw you walking down the carpet with Nick attached to your hip...and when I saw you, you were beautiful," he continued and I felt myself blush as I tried (but failed) to hide my smile.

"And okay maybe I had thoughts of us getting back together...but when I saw how close Nick was to you...remembering the way he acts around you...his feelings are so much stronger now than back then Rach...you have to know that"

"I do," I murmured.

Here I am, sitting next to my ex-boyfriend, listening to him tell me about my boyfriend. Honestly? I wanted to be with Eric right now. I wanted to hug him and kiss him and tell him I love him...and even though I would enjoy all of that...it just wouldn't be the same.

“But I didn’t come her to make you feel guilty with all of what I’m saying…like I’ve said before, I came because I promised I would…and I also wanted to tell you that I got a record deal,” he said suddenly and my eyes widened.

“Shut up! No way!” I exclaimed as I put both hands on his knee as a natural reaction.

“Yea…” he chuckled. “Not just me though, I’m in a band with Austin and Collin…” he listed old friends of his from Tennessee. “And Jake,” he ended with a shy look.

“Jake who?” I questioned. He didn’t respond right away though. “Not Jake, the guy I did the movie with Jake…” I insisted but he nodded.

“Seriously?! I cant believe he didn’t tell me” He gave me a look. “Okay so maybe I can believe it…but I think that’s so amazing Eric” I said excitedly and hugged him tightly as he hugged back. I lingered a little, yes, but can you blame me?

I reluctantly pulled away and he had a bright smile on his face. “Our first single come out in January” he added.

“I’m so happy for you,” I cooed. “Have you guys played anywhere yet? You have to play at the House of Blues, it’s nothing big but it’s an amazing start, I’m sure I could help you out…oh! And touring! I could help you with that too, maybe you guys could come touring with me for my first headlining tour! Yes I know, it’s been like two, three years since I’ve gotten noticed and I still haven’t had a head lining tour but hey, I’ve been busy, but it’s coming and you guys could…” I babbled at a fast pace, excitedly.

“Rachael!” he interrupted me with a laugh. “Deep breath,” he ordered and I obeyed. “One step at a time alright?” I nodded. “But that tour thing wouldn’t be bad” he added and I smiled.

I felt over whelmed…but then I remembered we were in the hospital and my insides churned. I didn’t like hospitals when I was ten, when Nick was in the hospital, and I still don’t like them at (almost) 17.

“My dad called…he said mom was on her to my premier…when a drunk driver hit her from the side and her car flipped…my dad was on his way over too from a business meeting, stuck in traffic when he got a call from the hospital…he didn’t let Anna know until he knew the movie was over…he‘s coming over now but he‘s still in traffic...i just told you he was at the premier to possibly scare you off” I told him.

“Oh Rea…I’m so sorry,” he said sincerely, ignoring the last part and pulling me up from my chair so he could give me a tight, proper hug. She was actually on her way to my premier…I still couldn’t get over that…I guess something I said got to her.

Suddenly I felt Eric tense up. I looked at his face and saw him looking behind me so I turned and saw Joe and Kevin with not so happy looks on their faces.

“What’s going on over here Rachael?” Joe asked with a tone I really didn’t like as he glared daggers at Eric.

I saw how Kevin was trying his best to not act immature like Joe but I could still tell he was giving off a really negative energy toward Eric.

“Nothing Joe…we were just talking,” I said.

“Does Nick know?” they both asked and then exchanged quick glances before looking back at me.

I gritted my teeth.

“Yes he knows but even if he didn’t know, it wouldn’t matter because I don’t need anyone’s permission on who I can or cannot talk to,” I snapped.

Okay, it wasn’t normal for me to snap like that at Joe and Kevin but I couldn’t believe they were saying this. Since when do I need permission? They looked at me in shock. Kevins eyes were wide. Joe’s jaw was dropped just like the drama queen he is. It was an awkward silence.

“I’ll give you all a minute,” Eric said awkwardly and walked away.

“Rachael…” Kevin started.

“No…I know you guys care and I know you’re my big brothers but I’m almost 17 and I can speak to whom ever I want and I can fend for myself…I’ve been doing it all my life” I mumbled the last part.

“That’s why we’re only trying to make sure you know that we’re here for you,” Joe tried.

“We don’t want you getting hurt, we never did want that and we never want it happening again,” Kevin added.

“I appreciate it, and I love you guys for it but you cant do it. You just cant do it, I’m a big girl,” I said and they were both speechless.

I was actually speechless as myself. I don’t know where it all came from. Maybe I’m just tired and stressed…but as soon as all of these words left my mouth, I felt terrible. I didn’t apologize though…I wanted to…but I didn’t. It was my stubbornness kicking in.

I looked over their shoulders and saw Nick coming back and they both turned around. “Here you go” he said as he came to my side and handed me my coffee. “Thank you,” I smiled at him as he kissed my cheek.

Then he looked at his brothers. “Everything okay here?” he asked as he glanced from them to me.

“Yea…everything’s fine,” Joe said with a really bad tone and spun around to walk back and Kevin followed his motion.

Why is my life such a mess?
♠ ♠ ♠
okay sorry for the lack
small writers block
im trying to think of some ideas
and plus ive started other stories
im sucha busy busy girl
hope u like the chapter
comments are loved

<<333