‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Inspirational

"We have Rachael Lewis on the phone with us right now, hey Rachael, how you doin’?” the radio host asked me on the phone as I was on my private plane with Demi, Nick and Joe.

Joe and Demi were doing their own thing. We were on our way to New Jersey to see some of the Jonas family. Kevin and Danielle were already there with Paul, Denise and Frankie. Dad was even with them. Things have been more than great lately. I just got my cast and my brace off yesterday but the doctor said I should still take it easy. Anna and Zach were invited as well and they sat up in the front with Big Rob, keeping each other company.

“I’m doing great, how are you?” I said happily as I looked over the seat at the adults

I saw how Anna was on the phone (again) taking care of some business (concerning me most likely) and all Zach did was watch her in awe. I smiled at that. Nick noticed it and grabbed my hand, smiling at me and I smiled back.

“I’m well, thank you…wow, I still cant believe I’m talking to the Rachael Lewis. It’s so hard to get in touch with you! Lucky for me I ran into your amazing publicist, Anna, the other day, she‘s a keeper, that one”

“Yea, she’s great, I’m so lucky to have her, she works so hard for me and she‘s not just a great publicist and fantastic manager but she’s also my best friend”

“I can tell. You two look like you have so much fun when you’re seen around town. No one gets in your way”

“Ha yea you can say that. You don’t want to mess with her”

“I’ll keep that in mind…but when you think about all the success you’ve had, having a manager, going on tour, having private jet rides across the country, red carpets, award winnings…what comes to your mind?”

“I’m overwhelmed. I remember how I would sing around and dance in my room, maybe do one or two talent shows, but I never thought any of this would be happening. I’m truly blessed”

“What do you think about when stuff like cancer or building fires try to get in your way?”

“When I had cancer…I have to say that I really thought it was the end for me…but then one day I just felt like I had to stop feeling bad for myself, I had to get better because I knew it wasn’t my time yet…and now I’m speaking at cancer events, telling others that hope shouldn’t be lost and I’m just happy to be alive today to be able to do that”

“You really are inspiring”

“Thank you,” I laughed lightly and said it with sincerity.

“I know a family who has a history of relatives who have been diagnosed with cancer, which is why I had to bring it up. Their youngest really looks up to you, I think you‘ve inspired her to look on the brighter side. Her name is Haley”

“I think that’s great. Just thinking about one person that I’ve helped change, it really does make a difference to me…Haley if you‘re listening to this, don’t give up and keep on looking at the bright side of things,” I asked.

“I bet she’s jumping up and down right now…but tell us what happened at the fire. First off, are you okay? I heard there was some damage”

“Yes, I had a really sprained ankle and a broken wrist. I got my cast and my brace off yesterday but I’m trying to take it easy”

“Good plan. Where are you now? Pictures have been sent in of you boarding a private jet with Demi Lovato, Joe Jonas and Nick Jonas”

“Yea, we’re on our way to New Jersey to visit some of the guys’ family”

“So Nick should be right next to you then” he said with a funny voice.

“Yes he is…I’m not letting him listen though and he’s not too happy with me,” I smiled and he chuckled. Nick rolled his eyes at me, smiling.

“Oh don’t be like that Nick,” he joked. “How is the lovely couple doing? You are a couple aren’t you”

“He’s my best friend, I love him to death”

“But I thought Joe was the best friend. Nick was the best friend who went to boyfriend, right?”

“Yea, you can say that,” I laughed.

“Well I’m happy for you two. What’s it like to hang out with Nick?” I laughed.

“Well for one, he doesn’t let me pay for anything and I’m a very independent girl, I like doing my own thing. But no. He wont let me” I sneered and he just smiled proudly before going to his blackberry.

“But no, he means well. He’s a complete gentlemen when we go out”

“When you do, does it involve Demi and Joe double dating with you two?”

“Sometimes, yea. I love it when we all go out together. Demi is my best girl friend and Joe is my best guy friend, so seeing them together, really makes me happy” I lowered my voice.

“Why are you whispering?” he whispered back.

“Because if they hear me, they’re going to hold it over my head and tease me about being all cheesy” I whispered and he laughed.

“Okay…your birthday is in two days isn’t it?”

“Yes it is! And I’m excited for it…I don’t know why, it’s just another year, but I guess now I can be considered an adult now, officially. I want to be taken seriously as an artist and actress and sometimes I think people take me for granted sometimes”

“Well what can you tell us about the new year? I understand you’re going to be making a movie with Shia LeBouf in January, then some other movie deals through out the year”

“Yea, I’m so excited for January, and I have a few other more mature movie’s after that one, this past year has been revolving around my music for the most part but I think next year will be more about my acting. We’ll see how it goes”

“Well my daughter loves you, my nieces love you, I love you. So I’m definitely excited to see what’s coming. Are there any details you can give us about your next album? Do you think it will go gold like your other three”

“Well I haven’t started to record it yet and I never know what my records are capable of, I didn’t even think my others would go gold. It was so amazing. But this next album, it will have a variety of songs that were about a big rough patch I went through for a few months, then there will be some more upbeat songs…you’ll really just have to listen, to found out. My fans are the ones who know me like an open book”

“Are you doing anything special for your birthday?”

“Mmmm I’m going to New York to do a commercial for cancer patients and then I’m doing another commercial with Demi about bullies and then I have a concert that night”

“Any plans with the BF?”

“No, sadly we wont see each other for the whole day because he has meetings and his own thing going on” I said sadly as I pouted at Nick and his face looked pained with sadness.

“I’ll be with my best friend though, so it makes up for it a little”

“Will you see Miley or Taylor? Are you still close with them?”

“Yes, I am. Miley is still my best friend and we hang out when we can and Taylor and I have just started getting close again”

“Would you say you and Demi are closer than you are with Miley and Taylor?”

“Definitely. At the moment, anyway. Miley and I used to be inseparable, stuck at the hip. But then, a lot happened in our lives, I met Demi and now Demi is my sister for life”

“Well I think that’s great, the two of you are fantastic, I love you both”

“Well thank you” I cooed.

“Okay lets play a game, I’ll ask a series of questions and you respond. Easy enough?”

“Completely. I’m ready”

“Okay, give us an analogy explaining your relationship with Demi” I was about to answer but Demi held up a sign, telling me what to say and I realized she had a eat piece in her ear and she had been listening the whole time.

“She’s the yin to my yang” I laughed, reading her sign. He chuckled.

“Alright, I like it. I’ll say something and you tell me the first word or words that comes to mind…no more than five words…Carrie Underwood”

“Role model”

“Acting”

“Career for life”

“Friends”

“Too many”

“Demi Lovato”

“Sister for life”

“Miley Cyrus”

“Jealously talented” I laughed a little. He did too.

“You’re jealous of Miley’s talent?”

“Completely! I used to not be intimidated when we hung out all the time but now that we don’t do it as much, everyone’s comparing us and it gets scary” I joked. He laughed.

“Taylor Swift”

“Too tall”

“Selena Gomez”

“Incredible”

“Jake Linesting”

“Fresh Meat”

“David Henrie”

“Big brother”

“Eric Stone”

“Ouch”

“The Jonas Brothers”

“Family”

“Now one more question…pick one song from each Jonas brothers album, including Nick’s”

“Mmmm Please Be Mine...Hello Beautiful and When You Look Me In The Eyes is a tie, then there’s Can’t Have You and Lovebug…I love their whole fourth album but if I had to pick, I’d probably pick Turn Right, Black Keys and Before the Storm

“Even if it’s a song between your boyfriend and best friend?”

“Oh yea! It’s such a beautiful song explaining their relationship, I love it…and from Nick’s, I’d pick Rose Garden

“Could it be because it’s about you?”

“Well only he knows who it’s really about. He never really even told me…”

“It seems like all of the ones you picked are about you” I giggled.

“Well I’ll never know” I said, blushing just at the thought of the night Nick played Please Be Mine for me.

“Well thank you for taking the time to talk to us today Rachael. It was such a pleasure”

“Oh the pleasure was all mine”

“Well there ya have it people, Rachael Lewis, have a good day my new best friend”

“You too” I replied and hung up.

I sighed as I leaned my head back. I turned it to look at Nick. “I really am sorry I cant make your birthday. You know if I could, I would do anything to try and be there with you”

“I know” I smiled.

I kissed him lightly, before leaning my head on the window. I knew we were almost there but I started to get petulant as I became subdued. I closed my eyes just to rest them…and what I thought was a few minutes, became a half hour, when I woke up, I stretched. Nick wasn’t beside me anymore. Instead, him, Joe and Demi were laughing at the back of the plan as I stood up, they all looked at me and started laughing harder.

My eyes grew as I took out my Ipod and looked at myself in the screen and saw big circles around my eyes with a mustache on my lip along with a small beard. My face went red when I saw Joe was holding a digital camera…but then I burst into hysterics and tears filled my eyes as my stomach started to hurt from the laughing I was doing.

“Lets do a live chat” I said happily as I took out my laptop.

“Here Dems you get it started and tweet about it while I fix up Joe and Nick” I smiled and she laughed as she took the laptop and did what I said.

I took the marker and started to draw on Joe’s face. I gave him a unibrow and some side burns and a big mole on his nose, along with a mustache, similar to the one he gave me.

“Your turn” I said to Nick.

“I’ll pass”

“Oh don’t be such a party pooper, now hold still” I ordered and he did so as I began to give him a mustache as well, along with some dash marks out of the corners of his eyes.

Then Joe did the same to Demi and as Demi and I sat side by side, Joe sat in the seat on Demi’s side and Nick pulled me up so he could sit in my seat and then he pulled me onto his lap.

Demi had it all set and as we saw ourselves appear on he screen, we already had over 3,000 people watching. “Yo, wassup” Demi and I both said.

“We are…on a plane, heading to New Jersey right now and…we got kind of bored…so we thought we’d see what you all are up to…”

“We’re part of the mustache clan if you couldn’t tell from our drawings” Joe said with such seriousness that Demi and I laughed and Nick laughed under his breath.

“We don’t have a lot of time but we will continue out little chat again tonight, we’ll tweet it to let you all know…”

The chat continued and at one point, Demi made a crack at Nick and Nick started to laugh sarcastically and they were throwing remarks at each other. It was seriously amusing. Once I broke up the little debacle, questions were flying in and we answered some of them before telling everyone we had to leave. We all washed our faces and the plane landed. Joe and Nick got mine and Demi’s suitcases as we all trudged off the plane, kind of feeling the jet lag. Zach had Anna’s things and I smiled. We were all in the parking lot at our rental van and Big Rob was keeping an eye out on our surroundings as the guys put our bags in the trunk and Anna was on the phone again! Why were people bothering her so much today?!

“Who is it now?” I asked, Zach, incredulously.

“I think the president of a company that has been trying to get you to do a movie deal but the scene is a bit…out there…and they‘ve been trying to get her to go to Europe for some convention-type thing while they give you a new manager for the period of time” he said and I understood.

“Oh, nuh uh give me the phone” I demanded and she wasn’t going to, but she did.

“Hello? This is Rachael Lewis. I understand there has been some controversy about a movie deal?”

“Yes, miss Lewis. There is just one small scene where you would be nude, but I think it would be a great opportunity to show everyone just how mature you are” he said as I walked to the back where Joe, Nick and Demi were Big Rob was doing his job as Zach and Anna got into the van.

“I’m sorry sir but I have already told the director that I do not want the part and he graciously accepted my decline. I am just about to turn 18, I’m still only a teenager and I think if I cant drink yet then I shouldn’t be able to do scenes as vulgar as that one and as for Ms. Styles, if she does not wish to go to Europe for a period of time then she does not have to go, when I signed the contract telling miss Styles she will be managing everything I do, I had her sign my own, very legit and legal contract, stating we will have a democracy-type relationship within reason, and I will not make her go anywhere or do anything she does not want to do. She works for me, not you Mr. Kline and I would very much appreciate it if you were to leave Miss Styles alone now” I placed a hand on the car as it was silent on the other line.

“You’ve got spunk and nerve kid. I admire that. I promise not to bother you again unless I find something else that will meet your standards”

“Thank you sir, that’s all I ask. It was a pleasure speaking with you” I said and hung up.

“You tell him Rea” Demi commented.

“That’s how to handle it chief” Joe added and they both got in the van.

“Ready to go?” I asked Nick.

“You’re incredible. You know that?” he told me.

“Eh I try” I smiled and he kissed me.

Then we got in as well. I handed Anna the phone. “Problem solved”

“Thanks. It will be the last thing I do when I leave my Rachael alone with another replacement”

“Yea, I don’t really want to go back to that”

“Yea, me either” Nick added under his breath.

My POV

Just thinking about that horrible replacement gave me the chills. If Rachael were to get a replacement again, there’s no way I would ever leave her side. Just listening to her handle the guy on the phone, made me find her even more inspiring and I couldn’t help but admire her with more of a passion.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333