‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

The One?

We got to the house and walked in. I saw Maya and smiled brightly as she smiled back and I walked right over to her.

“Hey,” I greeted and hugged her.

We haven’t seen each other for a bit because her and her mom have been spending some time together. I smiled even more as Maya and Rachael started to act like girls and raced to each other to greet one another and they started to talk at an extremely fast rate. I went over to say hello to aunt Pam who was heading my way. Then I saw Rachael was being smothered in hellos by nana and gramps but Kevin swooped in to save her and give her a hug as Danielle followed in pursuit and I laughed under my breath. Once everyone said their greetings, Rachael led Demi upstairs to the guest room as Maya followed them. They all kind of disappeared for a bit and when they did come back, the three of them were like having a conspiracy, filled with giggles, whispers and big smiles. I went over to aunt Pam who was at work in the kitchen.

“Need any help?” I asked.

“Oh I don’t think so sweetie…but how about you catch me up on life,” she requested as she smiled at me but continued to cook whatever it was that she was cooking.

“I’m getting by…” I shrugged, eating a carrot. “It’s going great actually,” I smiled and looked down at my hand on the counter next to the carrots.

“And you and Rachael?” she asked and my face lit up even more.

“We’re great too…”

“You gonna marry her?” she asked and I felt my stomach churn.

“Way to be blunt aunt Pam” I tried to joke.

“Hey, it’s a simple question, your uncle told me he knew he wanted to marry me as soon as we met…so I was just curious if you knew” she said, still smiling.

“Maybe…eventually…hopefully” I said, unsure of my own thoughts.

Of course I wanted to marry Rachael. I think it was obvious to anyone and everyone. The question was…did she want to marry me? I looked up to look at her laughing with Demi and Maya. The tune that always played through my ears that my mind would never get tired of.

I looked back at aunt Pam and she was smiling even more.

“We all love her…we were actually talking about her before you all arrived…I don’t want you to feel pressured into marrying her or anything Nick, you’re only 18 and you still have your whole life to find the one…but I’m just saying if you did want to marry Rachael…no one would complain” she said, now looking at me, fully.

“I know…I think she’s the one though…she’s nice…sensitive…extremely smart, creative…she’s gentle and graceful…kindhearted to everyone and anyone…so mysterious and out going that I still never know what she’s going to do next…she’s more than just beautiful…” I said, now gazing at her.

“I bet you could go on forever Nick…” she laughed lightly. “But if you seriously are thinking about marriage at such a young age…you have to think about her flaws too”

“Oh I do…she can be extremely evasive when anyone asks her about her family or what she’s really feeling, she used to be nostalgic, but that was just a short period of time…she can be defiant, sometimes she’s even so condemned…and she’s incredibly clumsy” I shook my head as I remembered the countless times of Rachael’s clumsiness.

“But then she’s so confident and brave…I cant really see that many flaws in Rachael…she makes me smile and laugh…just before, she told off this guy who wanted her to do this scene in a movie that she didn’t like…it was great…”

“She seems like she knows what she wants” she stated, going back to work.

“But that’s the thing…she doesn’t know what she wants…not fully at least…she’s still trying to find herself…find who she is…but she puts on this act that she does know because she doesn’t want anyone else to be concerned about where she’s heading like Anna or her dad…Anna isn’t too concerned, she has a lot of faith in Rach…but her dad is a different story…”

“Are Anna and her dad the only people worried?”

“Well I’m not worried, if that’s what you’re implying…I know Rachael will figure out what to do…and if she doesn’t…then she knows I’ll be here for her…like I said…I think she’s the one…I’m just not sure if she feels the same about me” I said, my voice lowering at the end.

She looked at me and gave me a compassionate look…and was about to answer but stopped and diverted her attention from me as Rachael came skipping toward me with a smile and I smiled back.

“Look at the pictures of you, me and Maya, she found the memory…stick…thingie from four years ago” she said and got close to my side as I wrapped one arm lightly around her waist.

She began to flip through some pictures of all of us at 14. I couldn’t help but laugh at some of them. Joe was in some of them as well and when he wasn’t, he was the one taking the pictures and some of them were pretty good shots of us making weird faces…but then there were ones where Joe’s fingers and hands got in the way. Then there were some with Kevin as well and then after the ones of the two of us with Maya, Joe and Kevin, there were some with just me and Rachael. I noticed she smile lightly and the look on her face was priceless as she began to reminisce.

Then there was a picture of a brown colored dress with cupped sleeves that would cover the shoulders and it was really long.

“And this is the dress I wanted to try and make and wear to the Grammys next month, but I would change the color, make it spaghetti strap, the bottom will go at a slant and maybe add some sparkles…cant go wrong with sparkles according to Seventeen” she laughed lightly.

Like she really read those things. She’s really been into creating her own clothes lately. She’ll have a kind of design in her head or base it off a different design and change it completely.

“I think it’s brilliant…and you’ll look great”

“What color do you think I should make it?” I opened my mouth to speak. “I feel like I'm always wear blue though, so don’t say it…how about white? I don’t think I’ve worn white yet…”

“I think it’ll look amazing with whatever color you choose” She made that sweet modest smile and tilted her head to the side ever so slightly, the way I loved it.

Then…I just stared at her with a small smile as she avoided my eyes at first, but then looked right at me. Then she cleared her throat.

“Do you need any help aunt Pam?” she asked.

“I’d love some,” she replied and I just leaned on the counter as I smiled at Rachael laughing and smiling with my aunt
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333