‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

18th Birthday

I woke up at 7:00 to my alarm but I hit the snooze button and covered my head with the blanket…just to have it be yanked off by Anna who was already ready for the day.

“Come on, you have to get up and ready,” she whispered and said gently.

I groaned tiredly in response. “Come on…” I felt her get onto the bed next to me though and put her head close to mine.

“Happy birthday,” she whispered. I turned my head to look at her and I smiled. “You’re eighteen…wow,” she cooed.

“I know” I whispered back.

“Feel any different?”

“A little…yea”

“Really? Hmmm…you gonna move out?” she asked.

“I’m eighteen for a few hours and you’re already trying to kick me out”

“No, I don’t want you out…but I was just wondering if you wanted out,” she said and I kind of saw the sadness in her eyes.

“Not yet…”

“Even when and if Nick gets his own place…and he asks you to move in with him…”

“No one knows he’ll do that…” She gave me a look and I laughed lightly. “Well even if that does happen…who knows, maybe by then you’ll already be married and living with Zach”

“You’re getting older now…I cant take care of you like I have been for the past four, five years…I’m getting married…you’re eighteen now and you can pretty much do whatever you want…it’s not like you don’t do that now but still…what if we drift apart in different directions?”

“Anna…” I laughed. “You’re my manager and my publicist, we’re always going to be in the same directions. There’s no way possible that will happen…you’re the mother I always wanted and the sister I never had…”

“Awe!” she cooed and hugged me. “Okay, I feel better now…now get up,” she said, yanking the blanket off. I sighed. “And get your sidekick up too,” she added and then left. I looked over at Demi and threw a pillow at her.

“I am not your sidekick,” she muttered.

“I know,” I laughed. “We’re each others sidekicks”

“Exactly. Happy birthday sidekick,” she said.

“Thanks,” I laughed lightly and stood up to look in the mirror. I didn’t look much different…but I felt a little different.

~~~~~~

I walked out of the bathroom, fully dressed and my hair was curly and wavy so when I looked into the mirror, it reminded me of Miley’s hair.

“Great,” I said sarcastically.

“What?” Demi asked.

“I’m looking like Miley”

“Okay…I know you two havent talked in a while but I didn’t think you were starting to actually hate her,” she commented.

I narrowed my eyes and rolled them. “No, it’s just that people have been comparing a lot lately…whatever, you ready?”

“Yep…are you okay though? What‘s with the attitude? And on your birthday? You PMSing?” she said, trying to lighten the mood as she got me to face her.

“I don’t know…I’m sorry…maybe I am…” I said with a shrug and put a smile on my face, tilting my head to the side. She smiled back and then Anna and Zach came in to get us so we could leave.

~~~~~~~

It’s 9:30 I the morning and Demi and I sat in the back of the black chevy with Zach driving and Anna was in the passenger seat. My phone began to ring. I picked it up.

“Hello?”

“Happy birthday!” a chorus of voices sang in my ear and I recognized the voices to be the Jonas clan along with Big Rob and Maya.

Then I heard Maya, Joe, Kevin, Danielle and Nick all started to talk at once. But then I could tell Paul and Denise controlled them. “Thanks guys,” I giggled into the phone.

“They wouldn’t let me call you until they were all around and then Maya wouldn’t let me call you until she got here…” Nick explained as I could tell he began to walk away from the chaos. “Happy birthday,” he ended with a small sigh and I could just see the smile on his face.

“Thanks Nick…”

“I’ve tried so hard to find a way to be there with you on your birthday, but there was just nothing I could do…” I could almost hear the pain in his voice.

“Don’t worry about it. I told you, it’s just one birthday, I’ll get over it,” I tried to laugh lightly.

I have to say, I was kind of disappointed. We’ve always tried so hard to be with each other on our birthdays and I really did think he’d be able to make it…but I guess not.

“Really, it’s fine…you can make it up to me”

“I will. I promise…but I know you’re busy, so I’ll let you go. I love you,” he said, kind of in a hurry.

“Love you too…” I said and the line went dead.

That was kind of weird. But I didn’t have time to think about it, we were already at our destination.

~~~~~~~~

“…approximately 1500 people die each day in the United States due to cancer. About 3,400 people are diagnosed with cancer each day in the U.S. and you can help find the cure…I was diagnosed with cancer when I was seven, the doctors thought I wasn’t going to make it…and I did, miracles are possible…” I said with a big smile as I sat down next to a little girl around eight, named Lilly, with no hair who had cancer.

“And even when you might think you‘re alone in the world, you aren’t” I added, looking right into Lilly’s eyes. “This is Lilly, she had cancer and right when everyone thought her life was coming to an end, she began to hope again and she’s still here with us,” I said and gave her a side hug, pulling her onto my lap.

She smiled big. “You can make a difference in life and if you feel it isn’t your time yet then don’t let go,” I ended and my recently new song Don’t Let Go started to play.

It‘s going to be on my next album and even though I haven’t recorded much of it, I‘ve already decided, it‘s going on the album. “And cut!” the producer yelled.

“You were excellent Lilly,” I cooed and she gave me a hug and smiled shyly before someone took her hand and led her away. I stood up.

“Perfect Rachael. Now get Demi in there and we’ll start the bullying commercial. While we get the scene set up how about we get some still shots,” he suggested and we both nodded as we got in front of the camera and we began to pose together as the pictures were being taken.

I leaned on her shoulder for a few of them and then we stood back to back leaning on one another, looking serious. Then we sat down, staying back to back and we smiled. We took a few more, more were serious than non-serious. Then we did the commercial and as soon as we did, we went to Madison Square Garden to rehearse and make sure everything was set up.

I got right up on stage and saw the Administration was all set up in their positions. I smiled. “Hey guys, I didn’t know you were going to fill in for my band,” I said and went around hugging each of them.

“Well when Anna called us and asked us to play for the concert of your birthday, we just couldn’t refuse,” John said.

“Happy birthday Rachael,” Sonny added.

“Thanks,” I laughed lightly.

~~~~

“Hey, can we take it from the part where the rest of the dancers first come in, I think someone might be a little flat” I requested and they all nodded.

“One, two, three, four…” I said and the music played and I came in as all of the dancers came out and started to do their choreography.

Put my hands up, they're playin my song
The butterflies fly away, Im noddin my head like Yeah!
Movin my hips like Yeah!
Got my hands up, theyre playin my song
They know Im gonna be okay
Yeah! Its a party in the USA!
Yeah! Its a party in the USA!


I stopped singing and turned to face them to let them to know to stop playing and they did. I smiled. “That was great guys, take ten” I told them and Demi came onto the stage to hand my water.

“Wow is that my daughter telling other people to take ten?” a voice asked and I spun around and saw my father.

“Dad!” I cheered and ran into his arms. “What are you doing here?”

“Cant a dad come say happy birthday to his daughter?”

“Of course he can but I just thought you were at work”

“Well I got out early and when Anna called and told me you were performing only minutes away from where my meeting was, I got out of it to come watch”

“You’re staying to watch me perform?” I asked excitedly.

“You bet and I left my cell phone and beeper at the hotel so no one can bother me,” I smiled brightly.

My dad and I have become closer than ever. He’s really trying to make up for the years missed. “Hey Mr. Lewis,” Demi said as she came over to us.

“Hey there Demi,” he said and gave her a hug as well. “Don’t let me interrupt your rehearsal, I’m just going to hang backstage until you’re done,” he said and I nodded.

I smiled as he walked off the stage. I turned and smiled at Demi who smiled back.

While we were taking a break, Demi and I sat on the cat walk that was attached to the stage and we started to take some pictures and post them on Twitter. I looked at my phone and saw I had a bunch of texts and I had a bunch of posts on face books and I had a bunch of replies on twitter. A TT was even started in honor of my birthday! I laughed at that one.

Twitter:

justinbieber happy birthday to the beautiful and talented Rachael Lewis! I’d text you but I have a feeling your busy…

honorsociety happy birthday to our girl! Rachael Lewis!

BigRobisforReal missing my partner in crime. Happy birthday!


Then there was a link and if you clicked on it, it showed you a picture of me and Big Rob wearing black with sunglasses and we were back to back, holding up fake guns with our fingers. I laughed.

David_Henrie is missing his little sister on her birthday! Rachael! Call me! My phone broke and I had to get a new one! Same number.

x_SelenaGomez_x happy birthday Rachael :)

JonasBrother_s HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHAEL!!!!!!!! Wish we were there :(-Kevin, Joe&Nick

joejonas I cant believe I’m missing ReaReaLewis’ birthday! My poor Rearea must be devastated to not have me there…I’M devastated because I’m not there!

nickjonas happy birthday to my beautiful and loving girlfriend. Another year gone by and another exciting year just waiting to happen


I smiled at the thought of another year. I think apart from being busy the next year with movie deals and recording, I’m really looking forward to just being with Nick the next year. Then there was another tweet.

TheRealDemi1992 hanging with the birthday girl (my bff and sister for life)

Then there was a link leading to a picture of us that we took two minutes ago. I laughed at our attempt to “act cool”. Pouty lips and all. I laughed. Then I picked up my phone.

From Taylor: hey girlie! Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

From Miley: Happy birthday! Text me back ASAP!

From Austin: Happy birthday!!! From me and Collin. I kind of threw his phone at the wall :D

From Jake: Hey! Happy birthday! David wants me to make sure that u know his phone is broken


I rolled my eyes.

To Justin: Thanks for the birthday wishes on Twitter but u can text me whenever u like haha I’m never too busy for u Justin

Then I called David. “Hello?”

“You’re an idiot,” I laughed.

“Happy birthday!” he yelled. I just laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
i had to add a lil anna/rachael moment in there ^-^
<<333