‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Meltdowns and City Fairs

“Lets go in the house of mirrors!” I exclaimed.

“Yeah!” Demi cheered and we both raced off with Joe and Nick following closely behind.

There was a county fair going on and we weren’t planning on coming at first. The day started out as just making plans with our boyfriends to go on a double date but we ended up coming here instead. It’s 10:00 at night and we’re having a blast.

“Race you guys to the exit!” we both yelled.

We started running around in circles, running into walls and mirrors we didn’t see. I already had three bruises forming and one was huge on my arm. We were messing around with the guys heads and it was hilarious. Tomorrow was going to be my last day here before I went on location to start filming my movie with Shia Lebouf! I was so excited, yet so sad at the same time. I was also nervous. We haven’t met face to face on anything. I talked to the director over the phone and I’ve memorized my script, but that’s it. Tonight was just to get my mind off of my nervousness…and it was definitely needed, especially after my little melt down I had this morning…

Flashback

“Oh my god! I’m going to be filming with Shia Lebouf tomorrow! Where’s my script? I forgot my lines! I cant believe this!” I exclaimed as I began to literally throw things all over my room in search of my script.

“I’m not ready!…” But then I was spun around and was slapped across the face by Demi.

“Snap out of it! You’re Rachael Lewis! You’re ready for anything, you did not forget your lines…” she shook me a little.

“Yea and your script is right here,” Joe said, pulling it out of the top drawer of my dresser.

“Something wrong?” Nick said, walking into the room, coming over to me and kissing my cheek. He was working on a song before he came over.

“Nope. Nothing at all” I said, heat racing to my cheeks.

“She’s just nervous about the movie” Demi told him.

“Why?” he laughed.

“You have nothing to worry about. It will be just like any other movie. You go, say your lines, film it, then you come back home as fast as you can” he said as he looked into my eyes and for some reason when he said I had nothing to worry about…I felt so much better.

“I say we have a double date today!” Demi said happily as I saw Joe had already agreed to the suggestion before anything else had been said. He was up for whatever Demi wanted.

“I think it’s an excellent idea” Nick smiled and I took a deep breath. Then I smiled and agreed.


End Flashback

“Ha! We win,” Demi and I cheered.

We were on a sugar rush from the candy apples we ate. We headed right to the oversized tea cups they had and the four of us got into one. We let Nick and Joe manage the spinning but once we started going about 50mph, Nick had to let go and let Joe take over. I felt like we were going to spin off the track and Demi and I were laughing hysterically the whole time. People probably thought we were high or drunk or something. We got off the ride, stumbling and pretty much almost falling to the ground. Nick gripped onto my waist as Joe gripped onto Demi and they helped us the best they could. We all walked over to a bench and sat down. I sighed.

“Okay…never…ever…again” I said, now feeling like my whole stomach would come out. “Agreed” Nick and Demi complied.

“Yea…maybe I overdid it…just a little” he admitted.

“Ya think?” we all said and then laughed. Then my phone started ringing and I answered it.

“Hello?” I laughed lightly.
“Rachael, thank God you answered. I kind of…need you your help…”

“What’s wrong? What happened?” I asked, completely serious now and they all noticed, because they stopped laughing and smiling.

But I didn’t look at any of them, I stared at the ground in front of me, concentrating hard on her voice as she told me where she was.

“You’re what?! Okay don’t worry Anna, I’m coming now” I said and hung up.

“What is it? What happened to Anna?” Nick asked, concern filled in his tone and his eyes.

I just stared at him, completely confused because of what I had just heard…I couldn’t believe it.

~~~

Nick pulled up to the State of California’s Police Station and the four of us raced inside. As Joe and Demi sat down in two seats near the door, Nick went with me up to the desk.

“Yes, right this way miss Lewis,” the officer said.

I gave Nick a look, saying it was okay for him to stay with Demi and Joe and I followed the officer. He led me down a hallway of cells and luckily they were all empty. “This is just where we keep the ones that stay for a few hours…and here’s our culprit” he said and I could hear he humor in his voice. I laughed lightly under my breath as I saw my manager jump to her feet and grip onto the bars that separated us.

“Rachael! Thank God you’re here. I didn’t think I’d survive another minute!” she claimed.

Jail turned her into a drama queen…lovely.

“Oh Anna, how did you…what did you…” I was cut off by my laughing.

“It’s not funny,” she narrowed her eyes.

“You’re right, I’m sorry…it’s just…you are in jail! I cant believe this” I laughed. “Hold on, let me take a picture” I said as I got out my cell phone.

She folded her arms as I took a picture. What? Thought I was kidding about the picture? No way!

“This isn’t funny Rachael! Just get me out!”

“I know. I know. I really am sorry…what are the charges officer?”

“Well she was speeding in a child safe zone and didn’t pull over until we actually got to a highway, she didn’t have her license and registration with her, her plate is outdated and she had two broken tail lights”

“Anna!” I scolded, completely serious again, she just avoided my eyes.

“It hasn’t been a good day” she mumbled.

“The cost will be about 2 or 3,000” he added.

My eyes widened. “I don’t just carry money like that around in my pocket and banks are closed by now” I said, panicking a little for Anna as her eyes widened as well.

“So you don’t have any bale whatsoever?!” she asked and she looked ready to rip apart the jail bars.

“I have 100 dollars! I didn’t think it was this serious! Honestly I thought this was all a joke and you’re the one who taught me to put money into the bank. Why did I listen to you?”

“I’m afraid she’ll have to stay the night until you come tomorrow to get her” he said.

“Seriously?!” we both exclaimed.

“I cant just leave her here”

“Yea, she cant just leave me here”

“Sure you can. One night wont kill anybody”

“It’ll kill me!”

“Is she usually this dramatic?” he asked me.

“No…only on bad days…today must have been really bad…look Anna, I promise, I will be here first thing tomorrow morning…which will be…”

“We officially open to civilians at 6:30” he informed me.

“And that’s when I’ll be here. I’ll get some money out of the bank and I0 promise I‘ll be here, okay? Then I’ll take you home so you can get some real sleep and I’ll take you out for breakfast and everything…sound good?”

She sighed. “Okay…just…hurry here tomorrow and…don’t tell Zach” she pleaded.

I was about to question why but I looked into her eyes and decided against it. I just nodded.

“I wont…now go to sleep and tomorrow will come before you know it” I told her and she nodded.

I followed the officer back to the others and they all shot up. “Where’s Anna?” Nick asked.

“The bail will be a little more than 100 dollars…I have to come get her tomorrow”

“What did she do?” Joe asked and I could tell he wanted to kind of laugh too.

“It was just a really bad, long day for her…but you’re all more than welcome to come back to my house and spend the night” I smiled brightly.

“Code for, I don’t want to be alone tonight so come spend the night” Demi laughed lightly.

“Would you?” I asked, innocently and gave Nick my infamous Rachael smile with my head tilt to the side ever so slightly.

“Okay okay, just stop giving me that look. It kills” he said and my face lit up even more.

Then he put his arm around my waist as we rushed back to his car, keeping out heads low, hoping no one saw us.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333