‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Give It Time

6:00 AM

I got out of bed as quietly as I could, not waking Nick. I kept my pajamas on as I threw my hair into a pony tail and I slipped on some shoes.

“What are you doing?” Nick mumbled and it turned into a tired groan as he reached out and quickly grabbed my hand before I had time to move. I laughed lightly, bending down to him.

“I’m going to the bank, then getting Anna, I told her I’d be there as soon as the jail opened…”

“Are you coming right back?” His eyes were still closed. I laughed lightly.

“Yes I am…I’m bringing her back to get some sleep, then I’m taking her out for breakfast…or brunch, whatever time is it by then”

He sighed and opened his eyes just enough to give the full effect of the infamous Jonas pout. “I promise, you and I will have Nachael time. The sooner you let go, the sooner I can get Anna, feed her, talk to her and then you and I will have time” I told him.

Then without another response, he puckered his lips, motioning for me to kiss him. So I rolled my eyes and kissed him.

“Okay, I’ll be back soon” I whispered and he nodded, let go and put his arm back under the pillow. I smiled at him sleep.

I crept out of my room, without stepping on Joe and Demi who were cuddling on my floor on top of my very comfortable blankets…I’m going to have to disinfect them from the Jemi germs that now invade them. I walked out to my car, got in and drove to the bank.

Once I got the money, I went to the jail and was escorted to Anna’s cell. When it was opened, Anna jumped out and into my arms embracing me in a tight hug and I hugged back.

“Come on, lets get you out of here” I told her.

She got her stuff and when she filed out, we walked to my car, she got in the passenger side as I got in the drivers side and we just sat there.

“So…care to tell me what happened yesterday?” I asked her.

“I don’t want to talk about it right now…I just want to get some sleep” she stared out the window.

“Okay” I agreed with a nod and turned the car on. I threw it into drive and we drove home.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s 8:00 now and I’m in the kitchen, leaning on our cold, marble island while I know Anna is at least trying to sleep in her room. I heard light feet stick to the floor and looked up seeing Nick.

“Hey…is she home?” he asked gently.

“Yea…she’s upstairs…I don’t think she’s sleeping though…she seemed exhausted but something’s really bothering her…” I explained as he went into the fridge to get the orange juice as I grabbed him a cup out of the cabinet and set it on the island.

He took it and began to pour. “And it makes me so annoyed that I don’t know what it is that’s bothering her so much…have we really drifted that much that I don’t know what’s going on with her anymore?”

“I don’t think so…” he said sincerely.

“Believe it or not…there might be some things that Anna just likes to keep to herself…she’ll tell you. Just give it time”

“I guess you’re right…she hasn’t had a break in…years possibly? Maybe I should give her one…maybe I should make her and Zach go on some vacation or something. I can manage myself while they’re gone…”

He smiled.

“As much as I think Anna and Zach would like that, I don’t think Anna would go for it”

“I know…but that’s all I can come up with at the moment” I sighed and hung my head.

He came over to me and I spun around to face him. He put his hands on my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Give it time…she’ll tell you what’s up when she’s ready…when you get back though…I expect to have some Nachael time” he joked.

“You got it” I promised and kissed him.

Someone cleared their throat. “I hope I’m not interrupting anything” Anna said with a sly smirk on her face and Nick backed away slowly but he was still close.

“I thought you were asleep” I told her, smiling lightly.

“I couldn’t do it…too many things on my mind”

“Well come on, I’ll buy you breakfast” I said as I grabbed my keys.

“Right now? What about changing my clothes at least”

“You changed into your pajamas, that’s good enough, throw your hair into a pony tail and lets go, lets be lazy today…tell Joe and Demi I promise to see them later” I told Nick and kissed his cheek before walking toward Anna.

We walked out of the house and to my car. I handed her a rubber band to put her hair in and I began driving.

~~~~

We got to the diner, sat down and ordered. The waitress brought our coffee and I noticed her being star struck but I ignored it.

“Okay…now tell me what’s up…” I said…but it was more like a question…asking her to talk to me.

She looked out the window before looking down at her coffee. “What happened yesterday?” I asked, sincerely.

“Zach and I got into a fight…”

“About what?”

“It was stupid…he was telling me how I worked too much…he wasn’t even trying to start a fight, he was just stating a fact, but I threw it completely out of proportion and it became this thing…I really just had to get out of there, so I grabbed my keys without grabbing anything else, forgetting about the broken tail lights, remembering I had to make arrangements for your photo shoot next month…it was just all crazy…”

“Well he’s right Anna…you do work too much…and if I knew it was driving you crazy, I would’ve done this sooner…”

“You’re not firing me are you?”

“Oh God no. Anna why would you ever think that? I was just going to say that you should go on a small vacation or something. You really have to loosen up…work has gone too much to your head”

“I cant take a vacation now, it’s a brand new year and I have to make arrangements for you”

“Anna, I have so many movie deals lines up I might not even see Nick for a whole two weeks. I wont need you around while I’m filming. I’m eighteen now so child labor laws don’t apply to me anymore…”

“No way am I letting you go alone, I wouldn’t be able to focus on anything, I need to know that everything is all good for you”

“You’re going to have to let me go sometime…you cant always be by my side…but fine…you can come…but Zach is coming too and he is to make sure you don’t work at all…you’re just there to make sure I’m okay and everything is in place. That’s it. No phone calls, no meetings, no arrangements being done. You will be there to enjoy time with Zach and after breakfast, I’m bringing you home so we can tell Zach the good news, you two can spend all day packing and talking or doing whatever it is you two do…spare me details…and I will spend all day with Nick…understand?”

She smiled and laughed lightly at me. “How did I become so lucky to have you as a boss?”

“It was in the cards all along” I joked and our food came. I smiled as I saw the old Anna…my Anna…come back.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333