‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Action!

The full month of January has passed and Nick and I agreed on emailing each other so no promises would be broken accidentally if one promised the other a phone call at a certain time and they didn’t pull through. I got two Grammys and I gave Demi permission to accept the awards for me and she gave a speech on behave of me. I was able to at least watch the Grammys and when I found out I won them, Anna and I were jumping up and down and Shia caught us and started mocking me a little as Zach was laughing. Nick called me while he was still at the show so it was all fuzzy but he still called and I saw the camera film Nick beside Joe and Demi and I laughed a little.

It's now February 11th. I'm on the back of a horse, ready to shoot my own stunt for the scene we're about to shoot. I'm tired and exhausted, I’m anxious to see Nick tomorrow and I'm incredibly sore...but I'm still so incredibly excited to be here and I'm going to be so incredibly sad on our last day of filming on the 17th. That's the casts last day all together but I’ve been given permission to leave for a few days because I'm not really in the extra scenes they're filming...plus two of those days everyone is off because Harry is going home for his daughters birthday. I met both of his daughters because apparently they're big fans and they were really sweet...toward me. Otherwise they just seemed like big brats. I'm going back to the set on the 16th to watch Shia do a scene without me and then we wrap it up on the 17th...it's going to come too fast.

But I haven't been the only one who's been enjoying it. Anna has seemed much better and less stressed...ever since I took her pager, her cell phone, her PDA and her laptop away from her. She has had nothing but Zach...and I loved watching her be happy and care-free with him. Right now they were both watching from the side lines as I was mounted up on the horse.

"How are you doing today Isabel?" I whispered in her ear and she made a happy noise in response.

"Hey Harry we have a horse whisperer on our hands" Shia commented.

"Hey Harry we have a little baby on our hands. What's wrong Shia? Scared of a little horse?"

"No I'm scared of you on that horse"

"Well you should be"

"Those things are not little either"

"Oh come on you wuss"

"You’ve got a real big mouth for an 18 year old"

"Like I haven't heard that one before. Now just get on the damn horse"

"Geez so bossy. Hey Harry! I think Rachael might be trying to replace you"

"Never!"

"Be my guest! She'd be great a it!" Harry commented, folding his arms as he held a rolled up script in his hand.

"That’s the scary part" Shia concluded.

We were trying to stall until we had the perfect shot of the sun going down. We all continued joking around and I finally got Shia to get on the horse with me and he held onto me tightly as we galloped around the field. Of course I still had this major crush on Shia and he obviously knew it but it's not like we made it awkward between us. We did have to film most scenes together for the most part. But he's so cool and we've gotten pretty close. It's great! People should be jealous...HAHA just kidding...but I know I would be jealous if I found out Selena was working with him and not me.

The sun was now down for the most part and it's dark but light a the same time. "Okay! We should start now. Everyone knows what they're doing right?" Harry asked and a chorus of responses filled the air, including my "yep".

"Okay...cue Shia! And action!"

Then Shia came running (stumbling) out of the countrified barn/house and he keeps running as fast as he can as two men (the bad guys) start running after him with guns. Then on cue, I race in on Isabell and I "kick" one of the guys so he flies to the ground as the other guy "starts to shoot" as I stand on the back of Isabel and throw a rope at him, whipping the gun out of his hand and bringing it to me. I catch it and slide it into a side pocket. Then with caution I spin around and sit back down, grabbing the reigns and making Isabel go faster. I grabbed onto Shia and with the help of the harness that was hooked onto him, I pulled him onto the back of Isabel.

"And cut!" Harry yelled and cheers erupted.

I have been working on that move for the longest time now. Standing on a moving horse and throwing a lasso is not easy...and they definitely wanted to get me a stunt double, or at least have me where a harness...but I thought it'd be cool to try. An extremely clumsy girl, attempting a dangerous balance scene. Shia just needed the harness cause I'm really not strong enough to lift him.

"That was fantastic! Now while the adrenaline is still going, let's keep it rolling!" he yelled and everyone got quiet again as he yelled action once more and I got Isabel to go fast again.

"Need a hand?" I yelled to him.

"Where’d you get the horse?"

"She’s mine...she just lives on Collins farm"

"I don't know if I like that Collin guy!"

"Why? Because you read my diary and found out that I like him?" I asked with venom in my voice.

"He’s not your type"

"Yea like you would know what my type is. I don't think you’re one to talk considering everything"

"Haley..."

"Just shut up so I can get you out of here in one..."

"And cut!" he yelled because that’s where I would get shot and fly off the horse.

"That was amazing Rachael!" Harry cooed.

"You both were great..." he added and began to direct the next scene and made sure everything was in place, including the mat I would fall on once I got "shot".

We filmed the scene once and I fell onto the mat but then bounced onto the ground and Shia was the first to start cracking up at my girlish yelp as my stomach came into contact with the ground and I joined in as everyone else followed. We filmed it a second time but this time when I landed on the mat, Shia lost his balance and he fell off as well. The third time though, I missed the mat completely and fell right onto my back. I felt my breath leave me as I stared up at the sky and I began to see darkness. I groaned as I slowly tried to attempt and sit up. I saw Anna was racing toward me with Zach and Harry and Shia was already in front of me.

"Rachael? Are you alright?" he asked with urgency.

I tried to focus my eyes as Anna practically shoved Harry out of the way to get to me. "Rach? Did you hit your head?" she asked as she began to inspect my face, my head, my eyes...

"Anna. I'm fine" I laughed.

"I’m calling Nick. He'll know" she said as she began to search herself for her phone.

"Give me my phone" she demanded Zach and he began to search himself as well, startled by the sudden demand and event.

"Don’t call Nick" I shook my head.

"Can we get someone certified to come and check her out!" Harry ordered and people were being rushed over to me.

"I'll get you some water" Shia added and ran off.

"Really guys. Everyone needs to chill" I said as I went to get up and Shia offered his hand an I took it.

As I stood up, I felt a searing pain in my back but tried to hide it…and I failed miserable as I winced.

“See?…I-I’m fine” I choked. “Can we please just do the scene before we lose the scenery” I said and did my best to look like I was fine.

I got on Isabel and Shia got on the back. “You sure you’re okay?” he asked and I made a growling sound at him. “Okay okay never mind”

“And action!” Harry yelled and I could hear the nervousness in his voice.

But I did the scene perfectly and I fell right onto the mat. We finished the scene with me being behind Shia on the horse and so I slid off Isabel but felt a sharp ping in my back and I fell onto the mat. I just groaned and hung out there in my spot.

You are so not okay” Anna said as Shia lifted me to my feet. “Here, talk to Nick” she said and handed me the phone and I gave her a look.

“Hello?” I said and winced again.
“Hey Rea” he said and the tone in his voice told me he was expecting a call like this one.

“What did you do now? Are you alright?” he asked.

“Nick I’m…” Wince. “Fine” I sighed.

“Liar”

“It’s just…a small back spasm” I said as I walked over to the snack table to grab a few grapes since we were done for the day now.

“My ass…you are so lucky you’re coming home tomorrow” he said. I smiled.

“I’m lucky? I believe you are the lucky one my friend. You miss me too much” I joked, walking into my trailer and slowly sitting down onto the couch. Anna got me an ice pack.

“It’s true. You need to come home now”

“I know. I’ll be home tomorrow”

“Am I still picking you up from the airport?”

“Only if you want to”

“Of course I want to…I’ll be there”

“Okay…so how are things going over there?” I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
im sorry for the wait ive been pretty busy
im gonnna update a lot :)

<<333