‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Trust

"Hi this is Rachael Lewis and I wanted to make sure the wedding invitations for my friend came out right. Is I possible for u to send a picture of one to me? They should be under Anna Styles"

"Rachael Lewis? Oh umm...yes I can do that miss Lewis"

"Thank you so much" I smiled and then hung up.

I've been doing whatever I could to help Anna with the wedding arrangements. It's now May. I have the morning off today and i took advantage of sleeping in. I'm doing a big scene later on and I woke up minutes ago, remembering to make that phone call. I set the laptop on my lap and saw I had a new email already. I went to open it but shut it quickly when Anna walked onto my trailer. I told her I wanted to make the invitations a surprise.

"Hey...so I needed to ask you something..." she said, sitting down.

"What is it?"

"I wanted to know if you would be my maid of honor" My jaw dropped.

"I would love to!" I exclaimed, shooting up in my spot.
"Excellent!" she cooed.
"And you don't really have to do everything. You are only eighteen..." she smirked.

"Anna you know I am perfectly capable..." I rolled my eyes.
"I know" she smiled. "And...you don't have to because this would definitely be a lot to ask, but I was wondering if you wanted to make my wedding dress...?"

"I would be honored! I've already drew some designs of what I see your dress options would be like and I've even gotten fabric because it was going to be a spare time thing but this will be great!" I smiled brightly.

"How about you get ready now and we'll all go out for brunch to discuss wedding plans and we'll make it back before your scene" she said and I saw the excitement in her eyes.

"Sounds excellent" I nodded.
"Great. I'll go tell Zach" she said and rushed off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Nick it's me. I was expecting to get your voicemail anyway so don't worry about it but I just wanted to tell u something that has to do with Anna’s wedding" I sang and then laughed lightly.

"So just call or text when you can. Or I'll just wait for our video chat tonight but it's pretty exciting. Love you tons" I ended and hung up as I walked into the Cafe.

I know he wasn’t sleeping because he was in the UK so we had same time zones...but we were just too far away to see each other. Immediately, my cell started to ring. "Hello?" I asked, thinking it was Nick.

"Rachael...can I talk to you?"
"Oh! Selena! Yeah, sure. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's just. Taylor is in a different country and I was wondering we could meet up since we're in the same country" she said, trying to lighten the mood ever so slightly but something wasn’t right.

"Yeah. You can talk to me anytime. Where do you wanna meet?"

"How about that French cafe? I should be there in five minutes"

"Well that sounds good. I'll be here waiting then"
"Great" she said and hung up.

I looked up and saw the teenage girl smiling at me. "Hello. How are you?" I asked politely.

"You’re Rachael Lewis" she said in bewilderment in her thick French accent.

"Yeah I get that a lot" I laughed.
"What can I get you?" she asked, excitedly. I was just about to speak but my phone began to ring again.

"What now?" I muttered, miserably but smiled at the girl.
"I'm sorry" I said.
"Don’t worry. Take your time" she told me and I answered.
"Hello?" I sighed.
"Oh it's good to hear your voice too Rea. Please try to contain your excitement" the voice I longed to hear flew in my ears.

"Oh Nick. Sorry. I didn't know it was you and it's just been a long day today and I just want to at least order my coffee" I whined, jokingly.

"Big scene?" he assumed.
"Yep...give me a sec" I told him and then politely requested my drink.

I used the money Anna had given me and then walked to a table and sat down. "Better?"

"Much"

"I couldn't get to my phone before because we were rehearsing...but now I have my phone on the stage so it's all good...and Joe and Kevin said hi"

"Hi guys" I laughed.
"So what's this exciting news you wanted to tell me?"

"Oh! Okay so me, Anna and Zach were talking bout the wedding and they want me to be maid of honor and since Zach isn’t in touch with most of his family either...they want you to be the best man...if you wanted to"

"Wow. Are they sure?"
"No they lied to me"
"Okay. No need to get all cranky on me" I sighed.
"I’m s-..."
"Don’t worry about it Rea" he said and I heard the humor in his tone. I put my head on the table.

"So was your day really that bad?"

"No not bad...just long...I was hoping to just get my coffee and then go to my hotel to sleep. But Selena called..."

"What’d she say?" he asked and his tone…was kind of uneven but it was also monotone.

He didn’t want to start talking about Selena but he was still curious as to what she wanted. "She wanted to talk. Not sure about what but she seemed like she really wanted to talk..."

"Is this a bad time?" I heard a small laugh. I looked up to see Selena, bemused at the sight. I smiled.

"Hey Nick I'll talk to your later alright?"
"Video chat date tonight?"

His tone was better. It sounded excited and even though he tried to sound different, I could still tell he was on the whole Selena topic. "You bet. Love you"

"Love you too" he replied and we hung up. I looked up at Selena.

"You gonna sit down?" I asked and then she did.
"I guess this is just a little awkward…because of everything…"

"Its okay. It doesn't have to be. You came to see me when I was in the hospital and we never actually got to hang out after that..."

I began to explain but I noticed she seemed pretty distraught and a little tired. "Hey...what's wrong?" I asked, now with sincerity.

"Nothing...I've just been really tired lately and I just feel like I never get a break anymore...I was wondering if I could ask how you were doing...because your no doubt busier than me..."

"So you want to know how I manage?" I assumed and she didn't even seem like she knew what she was looking for.

“That…or I just want to know your schedule so I feel better about mine” she joked and we both laughed.

"Well...this is my second movie this year, out of three, I just finished up my album that should be coming out soon, I’ve been writing new songs like crazy, I have interviews, promos and photo shoots coming up and I’m now maid of honor for Anna’s wedding in December, plus I might be touring with Honor Society and Justin for the month of December so a lot of plans are being made…does that make you feel better?”

“Yeah…it really does…and it makes me feel bad…” I laughed lightly. “How do you deal? I mean, yea I have a busy schedule but…you…”

I smiled and thought about my answer. “I think about how much I love my job...and about how not many people or kids my age can say they love getting up in the morning to go to work even if it's for a scene that’s at 4 in the morning...and then I think about how my life used to be and how much I hated it...but what really gets me is when I think about how many lives I inspire...I don't know if I've inspired everyone I've come in contact with but I like to think I do" I smiled at her and she smiled back.

I wasn't sure what she was thinking but she seemed pretty placated with my answer. "What’s up though Sel? You’ve never been one to be...overwhelmed with work"

"I know...I guess it’s just that once in a blue moon, I get that feeling...I really am happy that you talked to me today. We never really talked about it but I don't know why you and I stopped being close. It's not like we needed...or need...Demi to be friends or it's not like we need her to hang"

"Its true" I agreed.

"Things just changed...you and Taylor got closer and Demi and I got closer...maybe it was because we toured with each other and did the movies together...but that’s just how things are sometimes..."

"Speaking of...how are you and Nick doing? Good I hope" "Yeah...we're doing really good..." I smiled.

Nick was a soft topic for me. I liked keeping things in but when I spoke about Nick...I liked to gush about us. Sometimes that can't be good though...I knew I could trust Selena with whatever I said...but some people...just can't be trusted.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333