‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

My First Father/Daughter Dance

December 14th

"No this isn't happening. The seating arrangement is all wrong!" Anna complained.

"Anna you’re the one that made the chart for the seating arrangement"

"What the hell was I thinking then?! Why would I put Aunt Gina next to Uncle Bill?"

"Why would you invite your aunts ex husband anyway?"

"He’s still my uncle. I had to invite him...plus he deserves better than my slut of an aunt and maybe he'll meet someone today" she said as she was gathering a bunch of cards with names into her hands.

"Anna. Give me the cards" I ordered.
"But I..."
"Anna" I said and she handed them over. I put them all on the table.

"Listen to me. Go upstairs to the room and Demi will start getting you ready. She's already up there waiting for you with Miley. I'll stay down here and fix the seating chart. You've told me so much about your family that I know them like the back of my hand. I'll fix the seating chart...deep breath" I instructed and she obeyed. "Now go" I said and she nodded and walked away.

I put my hand on my forehead and sighed. I was stressed enough with the tour with Honor Society and Justin, I didn’t need some crazy bride up my ass too. Nick came running in.

"Please tell me things are going right on your end" I pleaded.

"Everything is going according to plan. Zach is all dressed and ready to go at the church. I just came back to get dressed myself"

"Good" I sighed in relief.
"Its alright Rea. Take a breather" he said and hugged me securely. I needed it.

"It's normal for the bride to stress everybody out on her wedding day...that's what mom wanted me to tell you" I laughed and then pulled away.

"Okay...I just have to fix the seating chart and then make sure the chef knows how many servings of beef and chicken and I have to make sure the cake is ready..."

"You go get dressed. I'll take care of it"
"But the seating chart..."

"Believe it or not I was actually listening when Anna was telling you about her family and Zachs told me plenty about his family and I'll get Joe to talk to the chef. I'll take care of it"

"You’re sure?"
"Yes now go..." I smiled and went to walk away.

He grabbed my hand and kissed me. We pulled away and I raced off to head upstairs.

~~~~~~~~

I was now in my peach colored dress in the brides room in the church. Anna was in her beautiful white dress (that I made) and Miley and Demi were in the same peach colored dresses since they were brides maids. Anna was looking into the full length mirror as Miley, Demi and I were doing last minute touches to her makeup and her hair.

"Rachael...I love this dress" Anna said as she did a small turn and was admiring it in the mirror.

It was spaghetti strap and it hugged her curves perfectly. "You did An amazing job with it Rea" Demi commented.

"Will you make my dress?" Miley asked. I just smiled. A knock was heard.

"Who is it?" I called.
"Its me. Can I come in?" Nick asked. Miley opened the door and let him in.

"Wow...you all look great" he commented.
"Is everything set?" I asked.
"Yeah. We're waiting on Anna now" he said.
"You ready?" I asked her.

She took a deep breath and looked in the mirror again. "Hey girls let's give these two some alone time" Nick said and ushered Demi and Miley out and shut the door. We were silent.

"Rachael...I want you to no that this won't change anything at all. I'm still your manager and..."

"And you’ll always be the mom I always wanted?" I asked, tears threatening my eyes.

"You know it" she smiled, tears threatening her eyes as well.

"And even though Zach is moving in, don't think it means you have to move out if u don't want to. That was our house first n no1 is forcing you out..."

"I know Anna" I laughed.
"I think I'm going to tell Nick that I'll move in with him officially"

"That’s great" she laughed and hugged me. "Come on. Let's get your ass married already. These r u last moments of being Anna Styles"

"I’m going to keep my last name. That's what everyone knows us as. Lewis and Styles. We're a team and nothing changing that"

"Awe! You're getting too gushy for me now. Ill send your dad" I said and took one last look at her.

Remembering how happy and single she was when we first met...now she's happy, in love and is about to be married. I smiled and then walked out.

"Everything alright?" Nick asked as he came and placed a hand on the small of my back.

"Yep. Let's get started" I said and he nodded.
"Mr. Styles, Anna’s ready for you"
"Thanks Rachael" he said and walked into the brides room. Everything was set up.

I cued Miley to start playing the piano and Annas sister began to walk down the aisle with her boyfriend. Anna and her sister were close and I felt weird about how I was maid of honor and she wasn't but she understood why it turned out this way. Then it was Zachs cousin walking down with a friend of his...you know how that usually turns out. Then Danielle and Kevin walked down, followed by Demi and Joe and then Zachs little brother was the ring bearer, so he went next with Annas little cousin being the flower girl. I was over ecstatic about the fact that she felt so close to my friends that she wanted Kevin, Danielle, Demi, Joe and Frankie to be in the wedding. I made sure she wasn't just doing that because I thought it would be cool, I actually told her to not invite them at all but she wanted to.

Then Nick held his arm out to me and I took it with one arm, holding the small bouquet of flowers in my other hand. We started to walk. I looked around and saw both Anna and Zachs families scattered around. I saw the guys from Honor Society and Justin all sitting together and they smiled. I smiled back. I saw Billy Ray and Tish, I waved lightly to them and then I saw Denise, Paul, dad and Frankie.

"I'm in no rush to get married or anything but I'm excited for my own wedding" I whispered to him.

"Me too" he said and I looked at him and smiled.

We got to the end and he kissed my cheek before we departed and he got next to Joe on the grooms side with Joe, Kevin, and Zachs cousin. Zach’s cousins friend and Anna’s sisters boyfriend were sitting in the pews. I got to the brides side with Danielle, Demi, Annas sister. Miley began to play the brides song as Zach was in place and everyone stood. The doors opened and we all saw Anna standing there with her father. They began to walk. I looked at how Zach was looking at her and it made me smile brightly. Then I saw Kevin staring at Danielle, Joe was staring at Demi...and then Nick was staring at me. I stared back with a blank expression and he just smiled at me. He mouthed the words I Love You and I smiled. I mouthed the same words back.

Anna gave her dad a kiss and walked onto the alter beside Zach. She handed me her flowers and I took them with a smile. She faced Zach and he lifted her veil, kissing her cheek. The sermon began.

"Welcome brothers and sisters...we are gathered here on this special day to celebrate the holy sacrament of holy matrimony..."

~~~~~

"You may now kiss the bride" he declared and they kissed. "Whoo hoo! Go Anna and Zach!" I cheered first and everyone laughed and joined in with the clapping.

They went back down the aisle first and then Nick and I joined together and followed them as everyone else followed. We got outside and Anna and I squealed as we hugged. Nick gave Zach a manly hug and then Demi jumped on Anna in a hug and everyone did the same, congratulating them both. Finally…I can actually relax and not have this crazy woman yelling at me about seating arrangements anymore.

~~~

We were now at the reception and the seating arrangement went over just fine. Everyone found their seats in the humongous fancy room and everyone who walked down in the church was lined up outside the room. The DJ already introduced Zachs cousin and his friend, Annas sister and her boyfriend and Kevin and Danielle.

"...Joe Jonas escorting his wonderful girlfriend Demi Lovato!" the DJ yelled and everyone began to clap and cheer for them as they walked in at a fast pace.

"Next in line is Nick Jonas escorting his brilliant girlfriend Rachael Lewis!" he said and Nick and I walked in arm in arm as everyone was clapping and cheering.

"And finally, please welcome the bride and groom!" he said and Anna and Zach came running in...and the real party began.

The DJ was really cool and he played really good music. I got Nick to dance and him, Joe, Demi, Kevin, Danielle, Miley, Liam and I all had our own little dancing spot in the middle of the dance floor. Anna and Zach had joined us and that's what it took for everyone else (under the age of 60) to come on the huge dance floor and dance too. It was about two hours into the reception when a song ended and we all began to clap and cheer.

"Okay everybody, we're gonna kick it down a notch because it is now time for the annual father/daughter dance. Will everyone clear the floor for the bride and her father?" the DJ said and everyone cleared the dance floor to either sit down at their table or stand around the floor.

I stood where the carpet met the dance floor along with some other people and I watches and smiled as Anna danced with her dad. She seemed really happy. I watched as the song got to the middle and daughters and their fathers got together on the floor and began to dance. Then I realized...I never had my own father/daughter dance. Not one. Ever. I felt someone take my hand and I saw it was Nick. I smiled lightly. He smiled and something in his eyes said 'don't worry...look'. I turned my head to find my dad walking toward us.

"Mind if I steal her away for a few minutes? I promise to bring her back" he asked.

"Not a problem at all sir" Nick said and dad took my hand to lead me to the dance floor.

"Now you can't laugh at me. I'm a bit rusty" he joked and I laughed.

We started to dance just like all the other daughters and their dads and that was including Billy Ray and Miley. I turned my head to see Nick smiling as he looked over at us and he watched. I smiled and then looked up a my father.

"So have you told him that you're going to move in with him?" he asked. "Not yet. I was planning on telling him while a slow song is on and we dance"

"Good...I know my opinion doesn't matter but I really like Nick and I think it would be good for you to hold onto him..." he said, hinting to me.

"Dad your opinion means everything to me...you have no idea how happy I am about the fact that you and Nick get along...he really likes you and he's really happy about how your in my life now..."

"So am I...even though you’ve been doing perfectly fine on your own. I like to no that I'm needed sometimes" he joked and I laughed under my breath.

"But really Rachael...It's so rare when u see a young teenage love...and the love u and Nick have is so obvious...u can't let this go"

"I know...I love you daddy" I whispered.
"I love you too bud" he said and kissed my head.

The song switched to a different slow song. "Mind if I cut in?" a voice said. It was Nick. Dad happily held my hand out to him and he walked away as Nick and I danced.

"So...how was it?" he asked.

"It was excellent. He's not that bad of a dancer...I'm just happy that I finally got my father/daughter dance" "Me too" he said lovingly. Then he kissed me sweetly.

The party continued and after a while Miley, Demi and I all took our shoes off and continued to dance with everyone. They played the remix version of Party in the USA by me and Miley and some other good ones. I was just enjoying the time with my friends and family. It was really nice.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333