‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

The Void

"Rach it's been three weeks and the doctor said you can talk now" Anna said.

"Yea Rea, we haven’t heard you talk, laugh..." Kevin started.

"I think she just likes using her erase board" Joe said.

"I wouldn't doubt it" Demi laughed.

"Come on Rea talk" Miley said. I shook my head.

"For us?" Liam tried.

"The sooner you talk, the sooner the doctor can check out your vocals and we can check u out of this place. Frankie’s still looking forward to you taking him to the park" Joe said.

"Yeah and u can't break a promise to our little Frankie" Kevin added and I glared.

But then I sighed (silently) and everyone in the room was waiting. "You’re right. I can't let Frankie down" I smiled lightly and everyone smiled brightly at me.

My voice sounded weird to me though. It sounded different almost. Like it's change within the time period from when the accident happened to now. It sounded...more mature? Maybe. I don't really know. I just wanted to get the hell out of here.
~~~~~~~
The next day came and I was able to leave. Joe was the one who came to get me. I was all dressed and ready to go. I was a little sore but I tried not to show it.

"You ready to get out of here?" he asked me as a nurse came in with a wheel chair.

"You have no idea" was all I said before I got in the chair and the nurse walked out. Joe began to wheel me out and he bumped into the door. "Joe!" I scolded.

"Sorry" he chuckled. I just rolled my eyes at him and we made it out but we were just mobbed by paparazzi.

Big Rob showed up out of no where and managed to keep them away at a distance. We got to Joes car and he helped me in...and when I say "helped" I mean he put me in there himself. He made sure I was completely in before shutting the door, and then he said something to Big Rob and raced around to the other side as Big Rob raced off to his own car. He got in, shut the door and looked at me.

"You good?" he asked.

"Yeah" I mumbled.

That was all that was said. He started up the car and as I hid my face in my hood, he took off. Let me tell you, driving in a car is like riding on the back of a cheetah sometimes.

We got to his place in one piece and he helped me all the way up to his room. Demi didn't like girls in Joes room but I was the exception. She was supposed to come over soon. I collapsed onto Joes bed and he collapsed right beside me. We both stared up at the ceiling.

"I don't know how I'm going to be able to function Joe...I need Nick in my life..." my voice cracked a little and Joe put an arm around me to pull me closer.

"Its going to be okay Rearea. Nick will wake up..." he left the sentence hanging. I know he didn't want to give me false hope by saying "soon" but maybe I needed some false hope.

"Knock knock..." a voice whispered.

We saw it was Demi opening Joes door. "Hey there's a party going on and no one invites me?" she said.

"Theres always room for a threesome in my bed" Joe said and Demi and I looked at him. I don't think he realized what he just said...until he smirked and wiggled his eye brows.

"Perve" I joked as I stood slowly. Demi and I both laughed as she hugged me tightly.

"Careful Dems" Joe warned as he noticed I stopped breathing.

"Sorry" She said, letting me go.

Days started passing and the days turned into weeks. I think they were the longest days I've ever lived. All minutes and seconds of the day were spent with Nick...and now I've been trying to fill the void. I hung out with Taylor and Selena a lot. I made time for David, Jake, Collin and Austin as well, Justin and I had some one-on-one time and I got some time in with Miley and Liam. I even got to hang with Danielle and Kevin and of course I was with Demi and Joe most of the time. Whenever I wasn't trying to keep busy with my stuff though, I was at the hospital visiting Nick-talking to him, telling him about what's been going on, how much I miss him and need him. I would go to the hospital as soon as visiting hours started. Then Maya would text me and I'd go pick her up. We'd drive to the hospital together and just give Nick some company. I liked having Maya with me. It helped a little with the void inside me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was only February 5th but Nick still wasn’t up yet. Today was the premier of Gonna Get Caught 2. They kept pushing the date back because everyone wanted me to be able to go to the premier. Now that I’m up, everyone is relieved to finally get this movie out to the public. I was in the limo in a black strapless dress and Joe was beside me in a tux. He agreed to be my date for the night and I love him for being there for me but I just wish I could’ve been Nick.

“Hey, you okay Rearea?” he asked and I knew he knew it was a stupid question but he had to ask. Anna and Zach both looked at me with sympathetic expressions.

“No…but I have to be…”

“No you don’t…look we’ll watch the movie and get a copy so when Nick wakes up we can all get together and watch it…or you two can watch it alone” he winked at me and I rolled my eyes at him and hit him in the chest.

The limo stopped. “Lets hit it” he said and made me smile.

The door opened and Anna and Zach got out first to lead the way and then Joe stepped out, letting a whole bunch of screams, cheers and yells fill my ears from fans and paparazzi. Joe turned and offered his hand to me, helping me out.

“I wish the others could’ve been here as well” I said to Joe as he had his arm around my waist and we worked our way down the carpet.

“I know you do” he said and we posed for some pictures.

I looked at him and saw a smile on his face as he stared in a direction and I looked up to see Demi, Maya, Kevin, Danielle, Miley and Liam along with Selena, Taylor, Austin, Collin, Noah, Billy Ray, Trish, Frankie, Paul and Denise. I smiled brightly but heard my name being called and I was pulled near some woman for E!

“Hey Rachael. It’s so good to see you out of the hospital. How are you?” she asked.

“I’m a little better. Still sore but ya know” I smiled.

“Did you come with anyone?” she asked and I wanted to give her a disgusted look but I remembered we were on tv.

“Actually, Joe Jonas came as my date, he’s somewhere”

“And Demi’s okay with that?”

“Of course she is…she’s actually over there right now, I have to go before she stills my date. Enjoy the movie” I said quickly and rushed off and I felt someone get to my side, and put his arm around me.

I looked up and saw it was Jake. I smiled brightly and hugged him. “Hey there. It’s about time we get this movie out of our hair” he mentioned as we posed for pictures.

“Yea tell me about it” I commented.

“Mind if I cut in?” another voice asked and I turned to see David on my other side, putting his arm around my other waist and we side hugged, kissing each others cheeks. I may have been without Nick at the premier but at least I wasn’t alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333