‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Pretty Heated

Two Days Later

Rachael's POV

“Happy Birthday Rachael!” a voice yelled and I felt my bed move. I opened my eyes lazily to see Anna looking excited. “Go away,” I mumbled as the sun blinded me when she opened my curtains and I pulled my blanket over my head.

“Come on girly, everyone made sure they got a day off today for you, they’re waiting downstairs,” she said and I sat up straight.

“How is that possible? It’s a Wednesday,” I stated.

“That’s just how everyone rolls when you know Rachael Lewis…now come on,” she said and took my hand, pulled me.

So I stood up and jumped off the bed as she led me to the stairs. “Happy birthday!” multiple voices yelled and I saw Demi, Selena, Miley, Kevin, Joe, and Nick standing at the bottom of the stairs.

I smiled brightly and walked down to all of them. I was engulfed in a big group hug from the girls and then I gave them each individual hugs. Then Kevin me hugged tightly and then so did Joe and he lifted me off the ground. Then I faced and smiled lovingly at him before kissing him, hearing a flash and hugging him, seeing that Joe and Demi had taken a picture of the two of us. All of a sudden…the smell of pancakes flew into my nose. I walked quickly into the kitchen and saw mom was making pancakes and she smiled at me. I could just feel the happiness radiating off of her.

“Happy birthday sweetie,” she said and kissed my forehead and gave me a hug.

Lately my mom and I have been okay…it’s not like we’re best friends and it still barely feels like we’re mother/daughter but we’re working on it. “I hope you’re all hungry,” she said happily and everyone made happy sounds.

They all followed her into the dining room with the pancakes and they all sat around the table, except Nick. He made a motion toward me, letting me know he’s going to the bathroom to check his levels and I nodded before walking to the rest of them. I sat down, put a few pancakes on my plate and minutes later, Nick was sitting right beside me, doing the same. I smiled at him and he smiled back. I saw mom and Anna having some kind of conversation I couldn’t hear but I ignored it and enjoy my friends company and we were all talking and laughing.

A few pancakes later, there was a knock on the door and I went to answer it. When I did, my dad was standing there with a big wrapped box.

"Happy birthday princess,” he said and hugged me. He brought the box inside and now everyone was crowding around. “Go ahead, open it,” he said and so I did.

It was a complete drum set! “No way!” I laughed lightly. “I remembered you said you wish you had something to hit…and now you do…I’m not sure where you’ll put it but I know you’ll work it out”

“Thanks dad,” I cooed and gave him another hug.

“My turn Rachael,” mom sang and she pulled out a guitar-like case. I opened it up and it was a violin!

I’ve always wanted one to work with it if I write any other contry-like music but I never actually went out and bought one. “Thanks mom,” I cooed and gave her a hug. When I took a step back though I saw mom and dad both giving each other (not-so-discreet) glares…then I realized it. They were trying to win my love. Win me over to try and get me to pick one of them to live with. I saw everyone else in the room noticed it by the looks they were giving me.

“Umm Mr. Lewis, Ms. Johnson, if you both don’t mind, we were planing on taking Rachael out for the day for her party. She’d be back later on tonight,” Nick said thankfully.

“Of course Nick…just make sure she gets home okay because no one will be here,” mom said and even though it was with a smile, it still hurt knowing she didn’t care what I did, when I did it.

Dad was more on the offensive about it but didn’t say anything. I was going to ask them what they were doing today but I really didn’t care.

I gave Miley, Demi and Selena good bye hugs and they said they’d see me later. Nick told me he was coming back to pick me up and take me to the Jonas household when I was ready. So I rushed upstairs, showered, got dressed, put on a little make up and then Anna told me Nick was back with Big Rob. I was a pair of low cut jeans and a tank top with a little zip up sweatshirt over it. By now, dad and mom were gone, leaving a note from each of them. They couldn’t just leave one note from both of them? Sometimes I truly wonder who the kid is around here. I stuck my phone and my keys in my low cut jeans and Anna followed me out. She was invited to come along and of course I wouldn’t even think about leaving her home today. Today was my birthday and she was one of my best friends. She was spending it with me.

Big Rob was driving, Anna was in the passenger seat and Nick and I were in the back. He kissed my cheek and held my hand on the way to his house. We got there and Nick opened the door for me as Big Rob opened the door for Anna which I laughed (internally) at. Big Rob fit in so well with these guys. Nick continued to hold my hand as we walked up to the door and walked in.

“Rachael!” Frankie cheered and ran to me.

“Hey Frankie,” I said happily as I gave him a hug.

“Happy birthday,” he added.

“Thank you,” I giggled.

Then Denise and Paul came over to us and hugged me, saying Happy Birthday and then greeting Anna as well. “Okay we’ll see you all later” Nick said quickly and pulled me out the door as Big Rob and Anna followed. We got back to the SUV and Big Rob began to drive again.

“Nick, what was that about?” I giggled.

“They said they just wanted to see you, they knew I was taking you out today, today is about friends, tomorrow is about family” he said.

“What are we doing tomorrow?”

“Being treated to dinner by mom and dad” he smiled and I smiled back.

We didn’t drive anywhere specific, Big Rob just parked somewhere, we all got out and began walking around the sidewalks of Las Angeles, looking inside some stores and if Anna and I saw something we wanted to check out, we would all go in and start shopping around. Nick paid for both mine and Anna’s! She went to pay for her own but somehow Nick pulled it off and paid for her. She was opposed to it so deeply, she almost put her stuff back but Big Rob grabbed her bags from her and carried them for her and he wouldn’t let Anna get them back. As we walked around some more Nick was holding my bags in one hand and he was holding my hand with his free one. I’m sure paparazzi were having a field day without us even knowing it. One actually came up to us and took one of all four of us. I was kind of mad but then I saw he almost tripped and I felt bad as I went to help him but he was up and gone before I had the chance. Nick gave my hand a light squeeze, I looked at him and he smiled at me, causing me to smile back (which was his intention) and we just went on.

After a while, we started getting hungry and we went to a nearby McDonalds and Anna and Big Rob gave us some privacy, going to a different table. I was so happy they got along well enough to actually have conversations with each other.

“I’m sorry it’s not a snowy birthday for you,” he apologized.

I had just realized this would be the first year that I didn’t have snow on my birthday…and I suddenly felt kind of depressed. “It’s alright…I’m just happy I’m able to spend it with you,” I cheesed as I leaned forward puckering my lips at him, cuing him to kiss me.

He just laughed and then so did I. But then he leaned forward as well as I readjusted my lips to fit perfectly with his and I smiled into it as he did the same.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TIME LAPSE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It was 7:00 now and I’ve been home ever since 3, waiting for Nick’s call. Him and Big Rob dropped me and Anna off back at home saying he had to do just one interview and a photo shoot and then he was going to come back and pick me up while Anna went out. So much for being off for the day. Anna wouldn’t tell me where she was going but she was keeping me company in the mean time. We’ve already played pretty much every Xbox 360 game I had and we even took out my drum set just to check it out…that itself took forever. Don’t know why. Anna and I just arent handy like that….cant put stuff together. I’ve been answering phone calls and texts all day and they were still coming. Now Anna and I were attempting to bake a pizza from scratch just for the fun of it. We had a few slices but then Nick had texted me, saying he’d be here soon. Anna left and I began straightening my hair. I didn’t know what was going on tonight but I was excited just to be with Nick.

In minutes, Nick was at the door. I opened it and smiled brightly at him. He kissed me and then without a word, he led to me to his car and we began driving. As he drove, he held my hand and I was deep in thought.

“Hey…you alright?” he asked.

“Yea…where are we going anyway?”

“We’re already here,” he smiled and parked the car. We were parked in front of a hotel.

“What…” I started to say but Nick was already opening my door for me and pulling me out.

As he held my hand, he rushed me inside and started running up the stairs. “Nick, calm down, what’s the rush…and where are we going anyway?” I laughed as I was tripping over my feet.

“Just come on,” was all he said and I laughed as he opened the door to the roof and I was smiling but then my mouth dropped once we got outside.

Everyone was cheering and clapping for me and when I say everyone…I mean everyone. Anna, Miley, Demi, Selena of course…but not just them. The casts of Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place and Sonny With A Chance…so…Mitchill, Emily, Jason, Moisus…David, JT, Jennifer, even Bridget (Juliet)….Tiffany, Sterling, Brandon, Doug, Allisyn…and then there was Honor Society, Forever the Sickest Kids, All Star and the Camp Rock cast as well; Meaghan, Maria, Alyson and there were just so many others. Then there were also random friends I’ve made through out the years…I didn’t know I knew so many people.

There was a DJ playing and everyone was dancing. Miley, Demi and Selena all came over to me, hugging me tightly and Joe and Kevin followed. Then so did Eric and Jake! They gave me hugs and I was so happy they were here. Then Danielle and David came over as well. On Wizards of Waverly place David and I have become closer than ever. I might even be guest starring in a few other episodes, which I’m so excited for it. But since there was a lot of chemistry between my character and his, it gave us a chance to become close over time and now we’re like best friends. He gave me a hug and I hugged back before he went back to dancing. I looked around and saw lights were set up and a big banner that said ‘Happy Birthday Rachael’. As everyone went back to dancing, I even saw Eric dancing and talking to some girl. I couldn’t see her face but it looked like Bridget. Jason already knew some people so I knew he would be alright. I took Nick’s hand.

“You did all of this?” I asked.

“I had a little help…” He said and then gestured in a direction and I saw Taylor! But not just Taylor…Taylor Squared! (haha). I squealed and ran over to them. Squeazing Taylor S in a tight hug first, then hugging Taylor L. She came from her tour for me…again!

Once we were all united, Taylor (S) and I went over to the girls and we all began dancing just like the regular teenagers we are. I pulled Nick over and we started to dance together like we were the only two dancing. I have to admit…things were getting pretty heated. But it wasn’t just us acting that way, everyone around us was acting that way. I was done with being the goody goody one. My mother and father didn’t care what I did when I did it, so it’s time to, just for once, let loose and not worry about anything else. Just concentrate on being with my boyfriend, my friends and having fun. I’m not Rachael Lewis, the one everyone looks up to, role model for little kids. I’m Rachael Lewis, the average teenage girl.

PAGE BREAK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time passed and Miley, Selena, Demi and I made a video of a dance we made up, just like what happened at Demi’s party. I don’t know where Taylor was but I kind of just lost track of everyone. I was extremely hot and tired now and I put my sweatshirt someplace so I was just in my skimpy tank top and low cut jeans as Nick and I dance dangerously close to each other to the fast music. I usually couldn’t ever get him to dance with me…and now he’s dancing like this! I cant say I didn’t enjoy it. He locked eyes with me and kissed me hard and passionately. Sooner than I wanted, we pulled apart and stopped dancing as the music stopped and everyone began to cheer and clap. I suddenly felt light headed and dizzy. Nick and I both re-composed ourselves and the next thing was cake. It was brought out on a rolling cart and it was a really big cake with a picture of me, Nick, Joe, Kevin, Miley, Demi and Selena on it. Everyone sang happy birthday to me and some other desserts were on the snack table, such as…chocolate covered strawberries! I ran over to them and my face was lit. Nick chuckled and then fed me one before kissing me.

Then a slow song came on and Nick took my hand, leading me back to everyone else who randomly partnered up and began dancing. He had one hand on my waist as he held one of my hands and my other hand rested on his shoulder and we swayed to the music. It was Celine Dion…he so picked it out.

“Nick…today…tonight…” I was at a loss for words.

“You’re so not yourself Rea…are you feeling alright?” he asked with a smile but concerned tone. “I mean…I think I like this side of you but I also like my Rachael,” he added and I giggled.

“I just wanted to actually get the chance to not be so tense and just relax…”

“Well then I’m happy that you let loose tonight…you deserve it,” he said and I wrapped both arms around his neck as his other hand went to my waist as well.

“Thank you…I enjoyed you letting loose too…very amusing,” I commented and he blushed deeply. “But far from embarrassing…no where near it…very sexy in fact,” I whispered and I felt him get goose bumps which caused a giggle to escape my lips and he laughed.

“I’m kinda disappointed though about having my first birthday without snow though…”

“Who said it was without snow?” he questioned and I gave him a strange look.

But then white flakes began to fall from the sky. I looked up and saw there were a few machines placed around the roof top to shoot “snow” into the air. Like the kind that shook out snow at snowboarding places when really there’s no possible way there could be snow.

“Nick…you’re too much,” I said and felt like crying.

I couldn’t believe he did that for me. To give me my traditional snowy birthday. I rested my head on his shoulder.

“I love you Rachael,” he whispered, sending chills down my spine.

“I love you too Nick…so much,” I whispered back.

I love you. Three words I never want to say to anyone in the way I say them to Nick.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so i've been working on these past two chapters since yesterday cuz i wanted to get them out today
because.........it's the 16th!! haha Rachael's birthday! lol i found tht so weird!
anyway.....i hope u enjoy it somewhat
but now i need some kind of break
just a small one
ill work on some more stuff
i also heard about a certain wedding happening this weekend!
so u can expect it to be in the story very soon. i dont know how its goign to work of course so it'll be mostly made up (its fan-fic. duh!!) but i wish for the best for the lovely couple!!! and i hope no paparazzi or anything like tht (crazy-fans included *cough*) ruin their big day! ^-^

<<333