‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

What. The. Hell?

In the time that Rachael left to go get my stuff, Miley showed up and her, Demi, Joe, Kevin and Danielle were all keeping me company. There was a knock at the door and Big Rob came in.

"Hey Nick, you have another visitor but I'm not too sure about this one" he said and it was the way he said it and the look in his eyes and his expression that had me confused and curious as to who he was talking about.

I leaned forward to try and see behind him and I saw the face of who he was talking about. My eyes widened. "What the hell are you doing here" I snapped, ignoring the fact that Big Rob was still standing there.

But he took that as the cue to move to the sound and let the unwanted guest in. Big Rob shut the door and stood in from of it, with his body guard look on as he stared Eric down. I saw Joe and Kevin’s expressions. They both wanted to just jump Eric and beat the crap out of him...I could tell. Kevin would’ve done it if Danielle wasn't holding him back. But as she was holding Kevin back, I could tell she wanted to let him go. Demi was holding Joe back with more force but I think Joe was really the one who was holding Demi back. Demi looked like she just wanted to rip Eric’s throat out.

"Umm hey" he said and stood there, avoiding everyone’s eyes. He knew he was outnumbered and unwanted.

No one answered. He seemed different somehow. He didn’t look like he was looking for trouble…but I had to remember that this was the guy who almost raped Rachael and he caused so much trouble for her and us…and I tried trusting one time and it didn’t work for anyone. I had to make a choice.

“Hey guys…” They all looked at me.

“Leave” was all I said.

They all had incredulous looks but left reluctantly. It was silent between us. “Umm I heard about the accident…and I thought it would be time to come over and see how everything’s been going…”

“Where have you been?” I asked, monotone.

“Australia. Working on a little acting job of my own…plus a little vacation…but I know Rachael and the magazines and stuff just confirmed the fact that she’s devastated but it all…” I tensed at him just saying her name.

“Don’t worry, I didn’t come back to mess anything up…I have a girlfriend of my own back in Australia…but as soon as I heard about you…and about Rachael…well she was always there for me…”

“And now you want to always be there for her? Sorry pal but I think it’s a little too late for that, don’t you?” I glared and if looks could kill, he’d be dead…he would’ve been dead a long time ago.

“Nick…I know I screwed up. I’ve made mistakes…”

“More like colossal mistakes…”

“But through everything I’ve been through and everything that I put Rachael through…and everything I’ve done…she’s always been there for me when I needed her…so I feel like I should be here…” he said and it was almost like he couldn’t find his words.

I couldn’t blame him. If I were him I’d be nervous around me too. He was silent after that and I was overly curious as to what he was thinking about…it almost looked like he wasn’t just thinking, but remembering…reminiscing?

“Shes been worried about you” I stated gently.

“What?” he asked, narrowing his eyes, but it wasn’t in a hating look, just disbelief.

“I don’t know if shes been worried lately, but for a while back, she was really worried about you…you kind of just disappeared from her life”

“I thought it might have been best”

“Eric, Rachael may have picked me but she still cares about you. She never wanted you to go down the path you chose…”

“Yea well Rachael is the kind of girl that makes you either want her to be your girlfriend or nothing at all”

“I know…believe me, I know…you seem shocked to hear she cares about you though”

“I am…but I guess I shouldn’t be…that’s just who Rachael is”

I hesitated.

“Does she know you’re here?” I asked.

“No. I was thinking she would be here…”

"You just missed her…she went to go check on my dog, Elvis”

“Oh…” There was an awkward silence.

“You’re…welcome to wait…to see her when she gets back…I guess…” I said awkwardly.

“Really?” he asked, completely shocked. No! Get out! is what my sub conscious was telling me to yell at him…but I didn’t. I didn’t know what was making me say it but the words were just spurring out of my mouth.

“Yea…sure…only if you get me some McDonalds down the street” I compromised and his lips twitched up slightly.

“Okay” he agreed and then walked out. I groaned and rubbed my face viciously.

“What the hell did I just say to him?” I questioned out loud.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333