‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

We Dont Deserve This

Rachael’s POV

I checked on Elvis, walked him, grabbed Nicks phone, charger, iPod and I even ran to the store to get him a notebook since I had no more. I probably did an illegal speed limit the whole time but I just really wanted to get back to him.

"Okay, Elvis is fine, I got your phone, charger and your iPod but it took me so long because I had to go all the way to get u a notebook since I actually had no more, now u better tell me how much you love me or I might just walk out right..." I explained the whole time without realizing the weird silence.

Somehow I managed to stay oblivious to everything that wasn't Nick as I shut the door, took in the smell of McDonalds and placed everything on a small rolling table. "Now..." I finished my sentence as I saw who the company was, sitting beside Nicks bed.

Eric immediately shot to his feet and we stared at each other. I took in the scene. Eric was sitting civilly beside Nick, with McDonalds between them, watching ESPN. Nick shut off the TV.

"What’s going on here?" I questioned, keeping a smile on my face, not knowing what to think...and trying not to freak.

"Nothing much...Eric was just stopping by to say hi" Nick said and I stared at Eric again.

"Yea uhh I saw...you...and him...and the accident...hi" he babbled.

"Some things never change I guess" I commented and then faced Nick, using everything in me to not yell at him for not calling me. "So here ya go. Brand new notebook. And I've been keeping your phone charged so you can use it right away and your iPod has a full battery" I placed it all on his lap.

"You’re the best" he kissed my cheek.

"Yea I know" I said and then there was silence.

What was I supposed to do? Hug Eric and make friendly conversation? Or snap nasty comments at him for being a douche?

"So..." I tried to fill the silence. "What are you doing here?" I finally demanded.

"Just thought u could use a friend..."

"I have plenty of friends here thank you" I said coldly. "Why are u really here?"

"I thought u might want a friend that's all!" he claimed. I looked at Nick and he nodded.

"I want to talk to you...in the hallway" I said and he followed me out. I spun to face him as he shut the door.

"Look, I don't know why your here exactly but I'm done Eric. I'm done with your games, your disappearances. With all of it. Because these past months have been incredibly rough on me and Nick and we don't need the drama. Not from you. We get enough of it from the press" I folded my arms.

"I heard about what happened to your voice...Rach...I know how much it must be killing you..."

"No. No you don't." I said sternly, fighting back the tears.

"Alright. I don't...but I can try to understand if you talk to me...if you give me a chance"

"I’ve given you more than enough chances" I said quietly.

"This is true...but this time is different. All the other times I've needed you and you’ve been there for me. This time I want to be there for you" I considered what he said.

Then I involuntarily started to cry. "Shh it's okay" he soothed as he brought me to his chest and held me against me and I hugged my body to his.

"Its not fair. What have I done to deserve this? What has Nick done to deserve to this?" I cried into him.

"Neither of you done anything..." he said and continued to comfort me.

We stayed like that for a good ten minutes. Then I finally pulled away and wiped my blotchy face. I got the tears off and looked into a window to see my reflection. I fixed my hair and tried to make me look less red.

"You okay now?" he asked me.

"A little...thank you Eric" I murmured and then I turned to walk back into Nicks room and he followed.

"Everything okay?" Nick asked.

"Yep. Everything’s fine. Let's just work on you getting out of here now"
♠ ♠ ♠
lets get to 100???? thtd be cool ^-^

<<333