‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

It'll Be Alright

Three Days Later

Today was the day…well maybe not the day but it was a day…and it was a special day. I was moving my things into Nicks place. It was being official. Anna and I were still keeping the house, just in case we needed to go back to it for anything and chill out there for a while. We were moving my things in before we went to my interview. It was going to be my first interview since the accident. I walked into the house with a box in my arms and saw Nick putting one of my pictures of the two of us on the mantle. We were fifteen, in Disney Land and I had my arms wrapped around his neck as we were laughing in front of the big guitar for the Rock N Roll roller coaster. He turned and quickly came to my aid.

"Geez Rea. What's in here? Rocks?" I opened it to show him it was a box filled with all of my books. Then I took it back from him.

"I’m going to go try to unpack some stuff before the interview" I told him. It was going to be my first interview since the accident.

"Wait. I know where you can put your books. So you don't have to put them in the drawers anymore" he said and made me set the box down. He took my hand and led me upstairs. "There’s a room you haven’t seen yet" he informed me.

We got upstairs and went all the way down the hallway. "No peeking" he said, covering my eyes. I heard a door open and he led me forward. "Okay you ready?"

"Yes" I laughed.

He let go and I looked around. It was like a huge study. It had two book cases, each had three empty shelves. There was a desk, perfect size for my computer and then there was an empty space near the window.

"I was thinking maybe we could get your piano up in here somehow if u wanted...this is your own personal room. You like having your space and I like having mine, when u need alone time or just want to go somewhere, you can come in here. I won't interrupt you if you don't want me to. I won't just walk in...what do you think?"

"Nick...thank you" I whispered and kissed his cheek.

"Ill go get your books" he smiled and walked off. I stood in the middle of the room and just looked around at my personal room. I absolutely loved this boy and I was so ready for a future with him.
~~~~~

I was in the car, driving with Nick in the passenger seat. The radio was off. He was holding one of my hands as the other hand held onto the wheel. I think the accident changed us so badly that we were afraid to even speak in the car. Whenever we drove in a car together, the radio was off and we kept our eyes on the road. I drove Nick places for the most part because he hasn't gotten the chance to get a new car since his old one was completely totaled. Then, when it wasn't me and Nick in the car, I made Anna, Miley, Kevin, Danielle, Joe or Demi drive for me. I've even called Eric once or twice for a ride. I was scared. Can you blame me?

"Hey...Rea...we have to stop this" he said.

"Stop what?" I asked, completely oblivious to what he was saying.

"Stop this.  This whole thing where we drive in a car and we're silent. No music, no talking. You know that's not us"

I stayed silent and put both hands on the wheel.

"We can't be afraid to not be so tense and worried about weather or not we'll get into another accident...we can't just keep the radio off every time we're in the car because we're afraid about it happening all over again...I know that’s why you keep the radio off when we drive..." 

I still was quiet. We got to a red light.

“And I also know you’re blaming the snow…you loved the snow Rea. It used to be everything you ever talked about. You couldn’t wait for the winter so we could go to New Jersey just to see the snow…”

It wasn’t fair how well he knew me…but I didn’t care for what he said about the snow. The snow was one thing I couldn’t forgive just yet. I continued to stay silent.

"Hey" he said gently, grabbing my hand again but with two hands as he came closer to my face and stared into my eyes. "It'll be alright" he said and I saw the humor in his eyes. "We'll get through this" he added and now I knew he was joking around.

I ripped my hand from his and punched him in the stomach. He grunted and laughed. He’s lucky it was me, anyone other person would’ve thought he was being serious. But, serious or not, he was right. Honestly, I missed music. I hadn’t really listened to music ever since it happened. My iPod is collecting dust on my nightstand beside my bed. Even though I couldn’t sing to it like I used to, I can still hum to it and sing quietly and I can most definitely listen to it. He leaned back in the corner between the seat and the car door, smiling at me. I took a deep breath, let it out and then put the radio on.

“That’s my girl” he said and I just shook my head, focusing on my breathing as According To You came on.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333