‹ Prequel: Turn Right

Into My Arms

Kiera

I was on the set of the interview with a live audience with the interviewer, Kiera, beside me. People said she was going to be the next Ellen who asked more questions and some were more personal than necessary…so in other words, Ellen won hands down. "So, tell us. What happened that night?" she got right to what people wanted to know.

"Umm well...it was a blizzard the night of Anna’s wedding and Nick was driving the two of us to the hotel and we had a green light, the other driver had red but he wasn't drunk, he just couldn't stop his truck...and we were hit" "Photos were taken the night of the accident, have u seen any?" she asked and all I could do was shrug and shack my head.

Then on a big screen for everyone to see, a picture popped up. It was of Nicks car, upside down, completely totaled and in no working condition whatsoever. I felt myself tense up just at the thought of us being in that car.

"What was the damage?" she asked in such a sincere tone. 

"Well I feel Nick had it worse. He was in a coma longer than I was and the doctors were having difficulty straightening out his levels all the time but they got the hang of it...he had a bunch of broken bones and had a huge blow to the head...the doctors said my injuries weren't as bad because he used his body to protect me..."

Awes were heard. I nodded and smiled lightly. "How about you? What were your damages?"

"Umm I had a few broken ribs, my arm and my leg were broken and the doctors thought I was going to have brain damage when I woke up from my coma...and...I can't sing anymore" I said and her jaw dropped as some gasps from fans were heard and I looked out to some of them.

They had extremely sad expressions on their faces. It looked like they were going to cry. "I don't even know the full effect of my injury really, I don't think I've ever heard of something that prevents someone from singing. I can scream, shout, hum but I can not sing...at least no like I used to"

"That’s so sad to hear. How are you coping?"

"Ehh not too well...I used to be worse...but I'm getting by. I just found out the other day that I got the part in a new CW series. I can't say much about it but I'll have to be going in location for about two years and the plot line is definitely something I'm into"

"Well that's good. How does Nick feel about this?"

"He’s completely supportive about it. He's the one that told me not to turn this job down no matter what"

"Do you think the long distance will work?"

"Well no one knows anything for sure but we're both willing to give it a shot"

"How did it effect the tour with Honor Society and Justin Bieber?"

"Well obviously they had to cancel the rest of the tour because I was in the coma. Everyone got their money back and I put a YouTube video online to tell everyone how sorry I was about the cancellation. But I felt terrible because I couldn't even make it up to them with a few concerts"

"Well I'm sure they’re all just happy u ok. That's really what matters"

"This is true. I honestly have the best fans ever. They've sent me YouTube videos wishing me the beat, hoping I'm better, they send me gifts and notes, they’re just so supportive and I couldn't ask for a better fan base" I said and everyone went wild. I waved to a few of then and smiled brightly.

"I know Nick has diabetes and is really passionate about it and I also know u used to have Cancer right?"

"Yes, I am a cancer survivor" I said and everyone started to cheer. "I like visiting hospitals and talking to some of the kids, even adults, who are going through the whole chemotherapy process. I also run for the cause and I do the walk every year in New York at the Woodbury Commons"

"Does Nick get as involved as u do when it comes to Cancer or diabetes?"

"He’s just as passionate about it all as I am. I go with him to diabetes events and he comes with me to cancer events"

"Now you and Demi are also involved in bully prevention right?"

"Yes we are. Demi is more into it than I am because I know she was bullied in school and so was I but I'm just more into doing my own thing with cures for cancer while she's more into her bullying prevention thing"

"I think it's fantastic how you all are into changing the world like that...I don't mean to change topics completely but what's going to happen with your newest music?"

"Well before the accident I had already finished my next cd which will be coming out this summer. It has new music involving a few duets..." 

"With who?" she asked, smiling.

"One is me and Nick. Another is me and Demi Lovato and then the last one is actually me and Joe Jonas"

"Your duet with Jake Linesting really has everyone talking. Everyone’s asking if u two ever had a fling"

"Oh no. The song we sang together was just a song we sang together. Actually Nick and I wrote it for the Do-Gooders album to just help them have a complete set. Everyone thought my voice blended well with Jakes so it just made sense for us to sing it together"

Honestly, i forgot that the song came out last week.

"And there's been another rumor about you doing a duet with Justin Bieber" 

"Yes we did a duet. Again, it was just a song. No story behind it" 

"Okay, we're almost done...word on the street is that Eric is back in town to try and steal your heart back. Care to give us some feedback?" 

"Eric came back because he heard about the incident and he wanted to be here for me and for Nick. He's here to be a friend, no other reason"

"Speaking of friends, what's the story behind u and Miley? It seems like she's been hanging out more with her boyfriend"

"Miley and I will always be best friends. We still talk and hang when we can but she does her own thing and I do mine"

“What do you have to say about Miley being on the path of Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan? she asked, using air quotes when she said ‘on the path’.

“Well Miley and I have always been fans of Britney and Miley has always been one to be independent and out going and do her own thing so I don’t think she’s going down their path, I think she’s making a path of her own”

"Good answers, how about some audience questions"

"Sure" I said happily.

She picked a girl who looked around 15. "Hey, I'm Dana and I was wondering if you were still friends with Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez because in most magazines it shows you all hating each other and there was that feud with Demi and Taylor"

"Oh god no. I could never hate them…” I took a discrete deep breath. “I will always love Taylor no matter what. It was her out going attitude that helped me get to where I am today so I will always be grateful for that. But the whole feud between her and Demi was stupid and immature on both of their parts…I didn’t necessarily choose sides, Taylor just kind of chose it for me. So it all kind of just separated us…we still talk here and there, through texting or tweeting but that’s kind of it…”

It was all true. Some comments that Taylor was making though just made her seem bitchy and I said something, then she said something back and we got into this whole big argument…it was bad :(.

“As for Selena, she really helped when it came to my acting. She taught me how to just be me when meeting a new cast, she told me they picked me to play the part for a reason so I should just be myself. This was like when I was 16 staring on Wizards of Waverly Place. We talk and we even hang out sometimes. She‘ll always be a good friend of mine"

"Is it weird to be such close friends with Nick and Joes ex girlfriends?" Keira asked. 

"Nuh uh. They both know I do my own thing and plus I've known the girls longer than they have so it's all good"

"Do you get along with Danielle?"

"Oh yea. I actually made Kevin man up and go talk to her. Joe likes to say it's thanks to him because he flirted with Danielle first but it's really me" I laughed and so did everyone else. A little girl was picked.

"Do you have any pets?" she asked.

"Mmm well there's Elvis, Nicks dog, and I love him to death but I'm trying to convince him to let me get a cat. I'm such an animal lover, if I could I would get myself a monkey but I don't think it would go over well with Nick if I came home with a pet monkey" I made a face and everyone laughed. 

"So you and Nick live together now. It's official" Keira stated.

"Yea, we actually made it official today"

"Umm I have a question" another little girl said.

"Sure, what is it sweetie"

"I was wondering if u could come home with me to see my sister. She's 15 and is a big fan but couldn't come because she's home sick with cancer" she said and everyone awed.

She didn't move though, she just kept her eyes on mine. This little girl who looks about 6 or 7 is asking me to go to her house to say hi to her sister. "What’s your name sweetie?" I asked and had sad eyes on my face.

"Lucy...and my sisters name is Megan" "Well Lucy I would absolutely be honored to go home with u and see your sister" I said and she smiled brightly as everyone clapped and cheered.

"Well that's all the time we have for today. But before we go to commercial break…Rachael I know you missed your 19th birthday because of the accident so we have a little surprise for you. It was Nick‘s idea" Kiera said.

Then two men were rolling a giant cake with a number 19 on top onto the stage. I started laughing. “Happy birthday to you…” Keira started to sing and everyone joined in. “Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Rachael! Happy birthday to you!” Everyone began cheering and clapping and I was smiling brightly.

Then as soon as they stopped singing, the top exploded and confetti went everywhere and balloons dropped from the ceiling and Nick, Joe, Kevin, Demi, Miley and Selena all jumped up out of the cake and it scared me! I covered my mouth with both hands and was laughing really hard as they all came out of the cake to hug me. Cards and flowers filled the cake. How they all fit in there I’ll never know.

“All of these cards and flowers were sent in by fans to tell you happy belayed birthday…” Kiera said and that did it.

Tears began to build up in my eyes. Miley pounced on me first, hugging me tight. Then followed Selena and Taylor and then Demi. Then Kevin and Joe hugged me and Joe ruffled my hair. Then Kevin stepped over a little and Nick came over to my side and wrapped his arm around me, kissing my cheek.

“You deserved something. I just wish I had a chance to do it sooner” he whispered in my ear. “You didn’t have to…” he just gave me a look and I just smiled. Then we went to a commercial break.

I talked to them a little, thanked them and then said my goodbyes and then looked at Nick. Before I even spoke, he beat me to it. "Go on, I'll follow behind you, Big Rob should be outside right now”.

"You’re the best" I said and kissed him quickly.

Then I walked back onto the set and saw Lucy stand up with a woman beside her. I raced up the steps into the audience and got to her before she moved. "Hey Lucy" I said as I bent down to her level and stared into her eyes. They were so bright and naive. It was the cutest thing ever.

"Hi" she said shyly.

"Hi, I'm Rachael" I smiled, standing to face the woman.

"Wendy. Lucy's mother" she said and I shook her hand, then bent back down to Lucy.

"How would you and your mom like to ride back to your house in my limo?" Her face lit up.

"Oh miss Lewis, we couldn't possibly ask you to come to our house. It's kind of a mess and family is over and I can't just leave my car here..." 

"Maim, if you don't want me in your house that is perfectly fine, I understand, really, but I don't mind messes and I love family and I could easily have Nick or my publicist Anna drive your car back to your house if u let them but u should know that I want to go and see your other daughter, it's not a pity project" I assured her and she gave me a shocked look not sure of how I knew what she was thinking.

"I’m really good at reading people" I smiled

"Oh! Can Nick come too?"

"I’m sure he'd be happy to" I smiled.

"But it's up to mommy"

"Please mommy?" she asked in a way that no one can refuse. All Wendy did was nod and smile at her daughter.

I smiled too and turned to get Nick and Anna’s attention. They both came over. "Nick, Anna, this is Lucy and her mother, Wendy. Anna do you think you can drive Wendy’s car to her house while I take them both in the limo?"

"Done and done"

"And Nick do you feel up for a little trip to Lucy's house?" I asked.

"I’m all for it" 

"Excellent! Shall we leave then?" I asked and Lucy nodded vigorously. She immediately grabbed Nicks hand and raced off toward the exit. Nick looked back at me and laughed. I loved her out going personality.

Anna followed them and then Wendy and I walked out as well. "Miss Lewis..." 

"Please call me Rachael" I laughed.

"Rachael...I wasn't thinking that it was a pity project or even a charity case...I'm just worried about my daughter Megan...and I'm cautious about everything...the doctors say she has a slim chance of surviving and..."

"Ms...?"

"Carter"

"Ms. Carter...you may not want my advice or opinion...but all u can do for Megan is make sure she knows your there for her no matter what happens. Don't let her think that your giving up on her and don't treat her like she's so fragile...I know she is but u can't make her feel useless. Make her feel like any other kid...within reason" I explained and she nodded, wiping away tears before they fell.

She smiled and I smiled back. She gave Anna her keys to the car and we both got into the limo with Nick and Lucy. Big Rob began to drive. The whole time Wendy was talking to Nick and I (mostly Nick) and this girl was fearless about what she had to say. I could also tell she cared a lot about her family and especially Megan. I admired that.
♠ ♠ ♠
this ones just to let u know what has been going on

<<333