Growing Up and Falling in Love

Proposal

Image

Holding on was the smartest thing I had ever done. I saw him plenty of times over the next year. He came up to see me on weekends, and we were on the phone every night for hours at a time. I remember feeling a slight tugging at my heart reminding me that it was our last day together on Sundays, but I kept a smile on my face because I was happy. Over the next few years, we still went to the summer house.

Caleb was already done with school by the time I graduated. He was there when I got my diploma, and insisted on taking me out of town for the weekend to come. My parents weren't happy about it, but I was old enough to do what I wanted. Eighteen and legal.

~

My legs were crossed at the ankles and my hand was laced with a much bigger one. A calloused hand with a darker color to it. I squeezed it and stared at the wishing fountain ahead of me. We sat in silence, taking in the town we were on the border of all of those summers.
"It's a cute town," I sighed, growing tired of just sitting there. He took me almost all the way to the summer house we shared so many memories at, but stopped at a small town. And for the past few hours, we had been walking around it and sitting on a bench.
"Cute enough to live in?" I turned and faced him. I laced my eyebrows together and started to talk. "I know this is quick and all, but Lizy, I'm tired of waiting. I just want to make you my wife and get it over with." My heart beat accelerated and I stared at him with my mouth gaped half-open.
"Caleb, I-"
"Lizy, will you marry me?" he was down on his knee, holding out a black velvet ring case. It was crooked open and I saw the beautiful diamond ring sparkling in the sun.
"I-I-yes!" I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and kissed him with a ferocious passion.
"I love you so much." he murmured in my ear. I felt chills run up and down my spine when his lips touched my ear lobe. "Your parents are going to be so-"
"Happy. Happy for me. For us." I interupted him. He smiled and kissed my nose.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry this took so long to update. A lot has been going on, and I just got a new laptop, so I had to transfer everything over to it from my old computer.

So, there's probably a chapter left. Maybe even a little extra one. Not too sure yet.
What are your thoughts?

Oh, and if you haven't yet, read Christmases When You Were Mine if you haven't yet.

Merry Christmas, everyone<3