Dear You: Sincerely, Me

Dear Best Friend

The next letter was short and sweet and restored Ann's faith in human kind. It read,

Dear Best Friend,

I want you to know that, I appreciate you standing by my side for 18 years, and not giving up on me like my father. I want you to know that, I love you more than anything, and you’re my best friend, along with being my mother. I can’t see my future without you. You’ve helped me through all my stormy nights. I can’t even express how grateful I am for a mother like you, and I know that I'm lucky. You mean so much to me.

I know that sometimes, we have our fights, and we get on each other’s nerves, but we always laugh about it later. I really can’t say much without repeating myself, but I just wanted to tell you that even though you drive me insane and you’ve had your slip ups, I wouldn’t ask for a different mom.

Love,
Your Only Daughter.


She smiled at the contents, thinking of Adabella and herself. She wanted a relationship like that. She got up from the couch and walked over to the playroom, leaning against the doorframe with a sigh. Addie looked so sweet and innocent sitting by her dollhouse. She looked up with her wide child eyes and smiled, missing half her teeth.

"Hi Momma." she giggled. Ann walked into the room and pulled her daughter into a hug.

"I love you, Adds." Ann mumbled to her daughter.

"I wuv you too, Momma." Adabella said to her mom in response. She let go of her daughter and stood back, watching her play. Derek wrapped his long lanky tan arms around her and kissed her.

"You okay?" he asked. She nodded in response.

"Good because if you weren't, I'd have to tell you that this letter thing that's bringing you down is bumming me out." he said. She chuckled and turned to face him, bringing their lips together.

"I feel like I'm helping them, Derek. It's.... it's a good feeling. It's one I've never experienced before. I like it." she said, taking his hand and leading him back to the living room. He smiled.

"You're so sweet. Just... be careful with what you get yourself involved in. Some people's pasts are not something you want to be digging around in, Ann." he warned. But she didn't hear a word of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to dig me up. for this one.
:D
if you are willing to write me a letter, don't wait for me to contact you. I only have so much time on the computer and that's focused on the letters people have already sent me. So if you have a letter, send it. I'm really hurried with these so please, just send it!
:D
PLEASE?

-kayt