Dear You: Sincerely, Me

Dear Grandad

The next morning, Ann received three letters and set right to work on reading them.

Dear Grandad,
Thank you for being part of my life since I was born.

I never told you how much you meant to me, how you used make me laugh, how you could always make my brother or me smile.

Soon it is coming up to two year since you past away. Every day, I miss you.
It's true when people say, you only realize how much you miss someone when they are gone.

I often wish I could just have an hour to talk to you. To tell you what is going on in life and what I am doing with my life. But then I think again, and realize that you probably already know because your are watching over me.

The worst part of you passing away, is that what caused you to die, is only discovered after you die. I was told by Nanna and Aunty B that your cancer is rare and is hard to find.
To me that's not fair but then again life isn't

But Grandad, just thanks for watching over me and my brother. Every passing day I miss you and wish you were back at home at your desk, doing crosswords.
But I am happier you are in a better place and no longer in a hospital.

Promise me two thing's though, you will be there when I get married or a special occasion. And when it is my time to leave, you will meet me half way there, we can have a good catch-up, do crosswords and you can have a coffee. Deal?

Love forever and always,
Your granddaughter.


She set the letter on the desk and ran her hands through her hair. She was glad that a few of her letters were happy, not the depressing ones she'd first gotten. But there was something that Derek had said last night that worried her and made her think that maybe she should stop reading these letters before she discovered something she didn't want to know. But this letter, it made her feel better about her assignment, about the things she already learned. Because no matter what she let out of the box, there was always hope in the bottom, waiting to get out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like the reference there at the end?
:D
so thanks to TheFoolofWonderland

-kayt