Dear You: Sincerely, Me

Dear Friend

Dear Friend,

First and foremost, I would like to say thank you. Thank you for so much. I remember last year when I was being terrible and mean to my friend so I could maybe earn the friendship of those who were mean to him first. I felt a little bad, but I got what I wanted.

Then you came along and stood up for him. You weren’t afraid of standing up to us, even though they were already your friends. It made me realize how stupid I was being. And selfish. It took me a long time to apologize to him. I only hope he forgave me.

Anyway, I admired you for what you did. Maybe you didn’t think it was much but it meant the world to me. I started to like you, and when we started going out, I was so happy. I’m not sure if I was in love. It felt like it, but what do I know? Our relationship was so short…

Our relationship faded throughout the summer; we never saw each other. We stayed in touch, but I, well, okay, I’ll say it. I fell out of love with you. If I was ever even in love.

How was I supposed to know you still liked me though? I guess I sort of blame myself for that. I think I probably kept stringing you along during the summer. I’m so sorry for that.
School started again, and I think you finally got the message when I tried to get you together with my best friend. She really liked you and still does, in case you were wondering. I hurt you though. A lot. It may seem insignificant, but I’ll never forget it.

Well, in the end, everything worked out… kind of. You got together with my best friend. You may not be together now, and from what I can tell you’ve moved on from the two of us. You have a new girlfriend and she seems like a sweet girl. I still wish I could tell you to give my friend a second chance though. I would also like to say I’m sorry, and thank you. I probably would tell you these things, but that would just be re-opening old wounds.

The only time I regret leaving you behind is when I hear our song play on the radio. The only time when I wonder what may have happened, and, though it’s stupid, if you would still choose me if you could.

With many regards,
Relieved and Disappointed


Ann's smile didn't fade, not for one second. She didn't let it get to her. She didn't because if she did now, she knew that terrible feeling of impending doom would sweep upon her and never let her go.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is from in.the.end Thanks.
and that's the last letter i'm accepting... i'm sorry but it's just that I really want to get going with this. I love your letters, I really do. But... still....

-kayt