Dear You: Sincerely, Me

Dear Listener

Ann lay in bed the next morning, snuggled into her pillows. She yawned and looked into the eyes of her beau, Derek.

"Hey, why is there a teenage boy playing with Adabella?" he asked. She yawned again before pushing herself up.

"That's Lucas, he's my student."

"Why's he here?" Derek asked.

"Because he's my student."

"What the fuck?" Derek asked. I hit him on the mouch.

"He needs our help, Derek. I can't just throw him out. I told him he could stay with us for the next few months and that's what he's going to do." Ann snapped.

"Why?"

"Because I said so, Derek!" Ann growled, getting up out of bed and heading into the playroom where Adabella had Lucas dressed in a skirt and tiara.

"Princess Lucas." Ann smiled, bowing. Lucas laughed.

"Your daughter's beautiful." he said, watching as Adabella raced in with a cup of water. She poured the water into a tea kettle and smiled.

"She is." Ann said softly, running her hands through her hair.

"She's lucky to have a mom like you. My mom ditched when I was 7."

"How long has your father been.." Ann trailed off.

"About 3 years. I was 14. It was the first time my voice cracked." he said with a sad sigh.

"It's all over now, Lucas. I can help you."

"You already have."

"I couldn't have done too much." she said.

"I was going to kill myself today, Ann. You saved my life." he said honestly. He smiled and reached into a bag.

"I couldn't sleep last night and ended up walking around town. I found this, stuck to your office door. It's the last letter." he pulled out a folded up letter and handed it to Ann. He returned to playing with Adabella. She unfolded the letter and began to read,

Dear Listener,

Hi... I am nineteen. I am sitting here writing this, to tell you that I am surprised. When I was... Oh about six years ago, I was in sixth grade, so about eleven or twelve, I had lots of friends, and they were my world. But at home, I was taught that I was worthless and would amount to nothing. My step father told me that no one loved me, that I was ugly. So in eighth grade, when someone that I thought was family to me turned all of my friends against me and they in return abandoned me, I thought it was true. I cried myself to sleep every god damn night, wishing that I was beautiful enough, wishing that I was loved and wanted. Wishing that I was good enough, would amount to something.

I thought that when school had ended, I would be lost in one of the world's many successful people. A lump of coal among diamonds. So I had a plan. On graduation night, I was going to kill myself. I was going to write to my family and tell them it wasn't their fault and that I loved them (excluding my step father). I had the when planned, but not the where or how. I went to bed every night, crying and praying to God that he would keep me alive, strong enough for graduation. It's ironic that I prayed to God that he would keep me alive and strong for graduation, just so I can kill myself. I wanted to say in my letter that at least I accomplished something before I killed myself. So I didn't want to kill myself before then.

But God had answered my prayers. He sent two angels to watch over me. Danica Edmands and Katalina Hinmon. Those two angels helped me through a lot, and I slowly started to call them my best friends. Those two helped me to live again and I slowly stopped my plans of suicide. Thanks to those two wonderful, beautiful angels, I feel loved and I feel as if I belonged. I love those two with every ounce of my being and I thank God every night for bringing them to me.

Sincerely,
My Confession


She looked to Lucas and smiled. She'd done so much for him, she knew that. But he also did so much for her. The same as in this letter. Those two best friends, they saved this poor student of hers. And she no doubtedly saved them in ways she could never know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the one and only Hot_Mess AKA my bestie!

-kayt