The Love Dare

This Could Be The Start of Something New

Alex

Three days had passed since the break up, and it had been a hell zone. Everytime I came in contact with Cassie she would simply ignore me like I wasn't there. In the past 48 hours, the only words said to me were "Sebastian peed on the kitchen floor." a lovely little gesture.
I did my best to roll out of bed Saturday morning, but in all honesty there wasn't much to wake up for. I rubbed my eyes and stumbled over to my dresser, searching through the drawers for a minute and grabbing the first shirt I could find, though I didn't bother with shorts. I had boxers on, that seemed like enough.
I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen, and there was Cassie. She always looked cute in the morning with her coffee; funny how I was noticing this now.
"You look nice." I commented, digging through the cabinets for food. 
She narrowed her eyes at me, then quickly went back to sipping her coffee.
"Save it, Alex. I don't want to hear from you right now."
I slowly nodded and shoved a poptart into my mouth. I watched silently as Cassie grabbed her bag and left for work. As soon as I heard the front door close I let out a long sigh. Our home was a little war zone, and there was no chance of me winning the battle.
My back pocket suddenly began to vibrate. I pulled out my blackberry, Rians face on the screen. I immediately pushed the 'accept' button.
"hey bro, what's up?" I answered. Nobody usually called at that time of morning, so I figured it must be important.
"Dude," Rian replied excitedly, "I have something to get Cass back."
 
Cassie

I quickly climbed into my little white Nissan and slammed the car door shut, immediately letting out a long abd frustrated scream.
Alex was just so infuriating sometimes! One minute he's the definition of a shitty boyfriend, and the next he's Mr. Perfect!? To put it simply, it confused me.
I turned on the ignition and drove to work silently, the radio being the only noise.
"Up next on KROQ Baltimore, our hometown heroes, All Time Low's single Damned If I Do Ya, Damned if I Dont."
I groaned. 
"Oh fuck you, Mr. DJ." I muttered, turning down the radio when the sound of Jacks guitar filled my car.
I quickly navigated my way through the parking lot and hurried into my office building, flashing my employee ID and entering the elevator.
I politely said my hello's to the fellow employees in the elevator, rushing into my office the second I hit the fourth floor.
I placed my purse and briefcase down on my desk and took a seat in my comfy leather office chair, absorbing myself in what I did best: my work.

Alex

I quickly jumped up from the couch when I heard the front door open.
A few moments later Rian appeared with Sebastian hot on his heels. I immediately noticed the book in his hand.
"what's that?" I asked, pointing to the tattered old book.
"Hello to you too," he replied sarcastically. He took a seat in the arm chair across from me and flipped open the small book.
"Do you remember when Kara's mother passed away?"
"how could I forget," I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck.
"she got so depressed that she stayed at her brothers and you two 'took a break," I recalled, addressing their breakup in air quotes.
"well," he continued, "a couple days after she left, my brother gave me this book, and, to be honest Alex, it saved our relationship."
I nodded, and he continued.
"it's a 30 day commitment, but if you do what it says and don't cheat, you'll have Cassie back in no time."
I scratched my head, "I don't know, Rian. How can a stupid book help me and Cassie?"
"Just trust me." he replied, handing me the book. "I have to go pick up the new drum set for rehearsal, so I'll be seeing you. Good luck, man."
I thanked him and watched him drive off, leaving me alone with the book.
I carefully opened the leather journal, and began to read.
"Welcome to The Love Dare. These next 30 days will be filled with frustration, confusion, and most of all change. The problem is lying within yourself, and through this journal, you'll begin the change. Starting tomorrow, the transformation begins."
I closed the book and shut my eyes, falling back on the soft couch.
 I was in for the time of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so gosh darn long to get out! I got a little caught up in Christmas stuff! Merry Christmas to everyone, and comments would be nice :)