The Love Dare

There's No Such Thing As A Miracle

"Welcome to the first day of the Love Dare. Before we climb the ladder to happiness, we need to learn to crawl. The first few days will be simple. Now don't get discouraged, the first dare often is considered "unsuccessful."
 Day one love dare: 
Do a simple gesture. Tell her she looks nice, have her coffee ready, anything small."
-----------------
Cassie

I adjusted the hem of my pencil skirt as I headed down the hallway. I always hated dressing up for work. I made a left turn down the hall and passed by Alex's room. The door was shut, so most likely he was still sleeping.
My heels clicked loudly down the stairs and on the linoleum as I entered the kitchen. I made my way to the island and grabbed a chocolate chip muffin.
"goodmorning."
I whirled around, coming face to face with Alex. He offered me the green coffee cup in his hand, and I raised an eyebrow.
"I made you coffee." he stated, giving me a small smile.
I hated when Alex played with my emotions like this. He needed to either stay mad at me or stop fighting with me all together, because his little "change of hearts" were bothering me.
I took the cup from him and turned to the sink, pouring the black coffee down the drain.
"i like cream in my coffee." I replied harshly, fixing my skirt and walking out. 
----------------------
I checked my watch as I rushed into the office. I was ten minutes late, thanks to Alex's little gesture. I was one of those people that depended on coffee, and since Alex's cup wasn't made correctly I was forced to wait in line at starbucks for roughly 15 minutes.
The doorman raised an eyebrow my way as I practically sprinted into the building. I flashed my ID and got into the Elevator, pressing my floor's button repeatedly.
"That's not gonna make it close any faster," a familiar voice pointed out.
"Oh..." I mumbled akwardly feeling my cheeks turn red.
"coming to work drunk? Tsk tsk, Cassie."
"Jack Barakat, I most certainly am not drunk." I replied, placing my hands on my hips. "thank god," I muttered when the elevator doors finally closed.
"wait a minute, what are you doing here anyway, Jack?"
"Matt sent me on a "special mission." he responded proudly, addressing his mission in air quotes.
"I get to watch you print things for me!"
"wonderful!" I reples sarcastically.
The doors opened and I walked briskly into my office.
I threw my briefcase down and sat at my desk, burying my face in my hands.
"you're not dead, are you?"
"no, Jack." I chuckled, "I'm not. Now do you want those papers printed?"
"yes, please." he responded in a weird voice.
I quickly typed a few things into the computer and grabbed a piece of paper from the printer, handing it to Jack.
"Thank you, Cassie." he grinned, folding the paper and sticking it in his back pocket. I watched as he exited the office. He turned to face me once he reached the doorway.
"And lighten up, Cass." he added, "sadness isn't your color."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry that this is short, and there isn't an Alex POV. I had to break this chapter in half since it was so gosh darn long with both POV's!
I'll most likely upload the next part tomrrow!
-Evangeline