Status: active-ish

London Times

Chapter Eight

Before we'd gotten back to the hotel, mom had spotted a little ice cream parlor and insisted that we stop and check it out, which was fine with Ellie and me. I had just dug into my double scoop chocolate when the morning headline caught my eye from the corner news stand. Or more, the picture of my best friend and Danny Jones consuming the entire front page did. The ice cream cone rammed into my open mouth, colliding with my bottom lip and falling onto the ground in a splat.

Ellie nearly choked on hers, laughing.

"Did you forget where your mouth was?" Mom asked, now beginning to laugh as well. I shook my head, laughing it off so that mom wouldn't notice what has caused my brain fart.

"Ellie, I gotta tell you something." She was still smiling pretty hard as she took a bite of her vanilla cone.

"Hm?" I grabbed hold of her arm.

"Mom? Is it cool if I tell Ellie something in private?" She rolled her eyes, but motioned for us to go. "Thanks." And I drug her straight for the news stand, Ellie nearly tripping the entire way in her twenty inch heels. I swear, I'll never understand how she walked in those things.

"Hey, hey!" She snatched her arm free and I picked up one of the books, flipping to find the article. "Easy on the goods, Katie." She continued with her ice cream, pulling her shorts down a bit as they had ridden up her legs.

Bingo.

"Danny Jones' New Leading Lady." I read aloud. Ellie's ice cream went flying all over the pavement as she spit.

"What!" I let go as she quickly snatched the magazine from my hands. "Danny Jones, lead singer/guitarist of McFly was spotted last night at the premier of 'Dafne' in southern London" I leaned over to look at the other pictures of her and Danny as they made their way into the building. Ellie's nose was all scrunched together in the largest picture, she was clearly smiling. Excited about something, probably the fact that she was on a red carpet.

"You are so dead." I mumbled. Ellie continued,

"The two were reportedly seen getting very close inside the opera house. The mystery woman's name is of yet unknown, though she was said to have an American accent." Ellie finished with a puppy-like pout. "Those dirtbags." I frowned, wrapping her in a half-hug.

"Hey, that's you!" Both of us turned to look at the man who was running the paper stand. "You're that girl from the paper, aren't ya?" His smile brodened, and both Ellie and I took a step back. I quickly snatched the magazine from her and placed it back on the rack.

"Nope! No idea what you're talking about sir, sorry." I grabbed Ellie's elbow and turned to go, when I noticed mom was right behind me, staring transfixed at the news stand.

"Ellie, he's right." She mumbled, reaching for the magazine. "This girl looks exactly like you..." Ellie's eyes went wide as she turned to look at me for help. Okay, Katie to the rescue.

"It can't be, mom. She was in the hotel with us all night last night, you saw her." Please buy it. Please. After about a minute, she shrugged leaning away from the magazine.

"You're right. Besides, you don't own a dress like that." The man was now looking back from the picture to Ellie, as though he too needed to convince himself, though the resemblence was unmistakeable. "Freaky coincidence though." Ellie let out a sigh of relief, linking arms with me as we followed after my mom.

"Oh my God." I heard her whine. "This is horrible. Horrible." We'd both given up on our ice creams and trashed them.

"I think we really should have a talk with them." I suggested. Now that every teenage girl in London knew that Ellie was seeing Danny Jones, things were not gonna get pretty. I had been able to convince my mother this once that that wasn't Ellie's picture, I wasn't sure if I could do it again.

"Only this time," Ellie added. "we come to them." I nodded in agreement.
♠ ♠ ♠
More of a filler, sorry dears. Comments? Have you given up on the story?
Katie
Ellie