Status: Completed Short Story for a Contest.

Terrified

Are you scared inside?

This town seemed like a quite town. The small houses with their barns only several feet away. The people always smiling as you walked passed. This town was far too nice. It creeped me out. As soon as we got to this community, my body pulsed as if it were a warning, telling me to go back, to get away and never to face this area again. Did I listen? No.

My friends and I were only going on a short before college road trip. Seeing as now that I am running for my life, it seems like a far dream to catch.

My boots hit the ground with force. A force I never knew I was capable of. The thick soles were already covered in mud. My attire was no more cleaner then my shoes. I felt as if I have not bathed in weeks.

A gasp escaped my lips as my eyes skimmed the sky. The dark blues and purples faded to gray. It seemed to flow on and on. The gray mask of the sky, making it harder for me to see. The trees just ahead of me seemed more distant then seconds ago. I should not have stopped.

Then came a noise. A buzzing, engine sound. It vibrated against my chest making my gasps becoming more noticeable and my heart pounding as if it were going to escape my chest.

I screamed as a figure shown before me. A large object in its hands, the smoke rising in a puff. A maniacal scream escaped the dark figure. Then it charged right at me. I ran. Ran as fast as I had before, just moments ago.

A house came into view. The large logged house with rusted red shudders. The thick wooden door banged against the dingy white wall as I clambered my way in the house. Still the engine of the machine rang around me. Still I could sense the fumes of the toxic it held. The image of the killer embedded in my mind forever.

I walked slowly in the grotesque house. The walls wash with grim and dried blood. I walked backwards, my feet slipping. I held my breath as I turned slowly to face what I have bumped. A scream almost forced its way out of my mouth as I peered to see what it was. There sat one of my friends. Her hair half gone, placed with skin and blood. Her eyes wet with salty wet blood. The blood seeped around her as she stared back blankly.

Tears stung my eyes. So much blood. I felt my stomach lurch sickly. Bile rose but I forced it back down.

I will not throw up! I told myself.

I willed myself to look away from the morbid scene. Just then, a crash and clang made me jump. I sprinted to a door. The green color almost hospital like. It was the cellar. I grabbed the knob, jiggling it. Pulling, pushing. It would not open. I slammed my closed fist against it.

An engine sounded right behind me. I could now see it was a woman holding a chainsaw, her smile malicious. Her blood covered attire was nauseating and her face was covered by what I was hoping was just a mask, but, it was made out of human flesh. Blood in tacked. Skin waving in all its glory.

My back hit the wall opposite the killer. My eyes started to tear, my eyeliner giving way. It running down my dirt and blood encrusted face. I held her stance for the merest of seconds. Then I slide down to be one of the dead. I just started out past her and all my thoughts vanished. Before I knew it, bone was crunching. Blood splattered. So much blood. Pools of it. The last thing I last heard was the deranged laugh of my executioner
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count: 636

My first contest entry!
Please Comment <3