Status: Completed

You and Me Could Write a Bad Romance

Ashamed

Walking down the stairs slowly, wearing nothing but a pair of panties and a v-neck t-shirt and nothing else, I glanced over towards the front door only to see a pair of worn out vans that belong to Cory lying there next to two suitcases. Frowning to myself, I made my way to the Kitchen where the light’s were on and the noise of someone messing around in there woke me up. As I entered the kitchen, I saw Cory sitting on the counter, a bottle of Whiskey in his hands and his head down in a sad, pathetic way.

“Babe?” I whispered softly.

Looking up at me, Cory’s eyes were blood shot and he looked like shit, “What are you doing up?” He asked, sounding completely sober but even when wasted, Cory has an amazing gift of talking ‘sober’.

“I heard you banging around down here,” I informed him, “Jeff and Mindy are gone for the weekend and I know for a fact that I locked up and set the alarm before Noah and I went to bed,” I paused, “I knew it could’ve only been a handful of people.”

He nodded then took a swig of his Whiskey before holding the bottle out to me, silently offering me some.

“No but Thank You for offering,” I smiled softly, “I would love some but I’m still nursing your Son,”

Cory studied me with intoxicated eyes, “How is he?” He wondered.

“Healthy,” I answered, “He’s the perfect definition of a bouncing baby boy.”

“Good,” Cory nodded slowly before taking another sip.

Walking over to him, I stopped when I was standing between his legs. Placing my hands on his thighs, I rubbed slowly as I stared up into his green eyes, “What’s wrong, Cory?” I wondered, “I haven't seen you since the day after Noah was born and you come home and drink alone in the Kitchen before waking me up?” I frowned, “That’s not normal, normally you would’ve been up those stairs, out of your clothes and having sex with me before I could even register what was going on.”

He shrugged his shoulders a little bit as he placed the liquor bottle down on the cabinet, “I’m fucked up,” He said softly before lifting his hands and running his fingers through my hair slowly, “I don’t deserve you or Noah.”

“Don’t talk like that,” I ordered.

“But it’s true,” He whispered, “How can you stay here and stay so faithful when you know damn good and well that I’m out there on the road acting like a fucking sleaze bag?”

I inhaled deeply, “Because, I’ve prepared myself for this.” I answered, “I know that it’s a phase and that once the thrill of being on the road subsides, I’ll have my Husband back again.” I paused for a second, “I know it’s not right, that on the outside looking in it looks like I’m just giving you a free pass to do whatever the fuck you want but no one see’s what we have. I know you love me, I can see it in your eyes that you love me. You regret cheating on me, if you didn’t you wouldn’t be down here trying to drink your pain away, you’d be upstairs in bed with me, acting like nothing is wrong.” I shrugged as I rubbed his thighs a bit more, “I’ve known that this day would come from the second you told me that A Skylit Drive was going places. Once you told me you were going to be touring, this was inevitable. You’re good looking, you like to party, you get caught up in the moment and just because you fuck some band groupie back east somewhere doesn’t mean that you love me any less and it’s still me that has your heart and it’s still me that you make love to. At the end of the day I’m the last person you talk to and when you wake up I’m the first person you call.”

He let a few tears fall from his eyes, “I know it’s wrong, Hallie.” He whispered to me, “But … it’s hard to not get swept away by all of it.”

“I know.” I licked my lips then reached up, wiping away some tears, “I only ask that if you must fuck ‘em, put a condom on. Other girls may get to have your sex because you’re wasted and are in the moment but I am the only one that gets to have your children unless we get a divorce.” I said simply, “That, and I don’t want you to end up getting some sort of illness.” I sighed softly, “I want you tested though. Before we have sex, I want you tested.”

“Already done,” He whispered, “Yesterday, in LA we had the day off, I went and got tested.” He shrugged, “It didn’t take that long and I’m clean.”

“How many?” I wondered even though I knew the answer was a grand total of two.

“Two,” He answered, “How can you not hate me?” He frowned, “I hate me,”

“Like I said, this will pass … I’m not going to end my marriage because of this. There are two different Cory’s as far as I’m concerned; rockstar Cory who thinks he’s the shit and my Cory, a simple family man who loves his Wife and Son. Yes, I want the beat the living shit out of rockstar Cory but sooner or later, those two Cory’s will merge into one and we’ll all be happy.”

“I don’t get it,” He grabbed the bottle and took another sip.

“Right or wrong, when have I ever left you?” I asked with a serious tone, “When you got fucked up for the first time, who was there when you woke up with your first hangover? When you first started doing drugs, who helped you hide your shit from your parents?” I smiled, “We’ve been through so much and I’m not going to let some fucking bimbo ruin that. My Baby needs a Father and I need a Husband, if it’s not you, it’s no one.”

He leaned forward and gently kissed my lips, “I love you so fucking much.”

“I know it, I love you too,” I stole a kiss then I backed away, “But you need to take your car in to be repaired,” I said simply, “When I found out about those sluts you slept with, I went kinda crazy.” I admitted, “Beat your car, ruined your kit that’s in the garage, threw away your clothes … Yeah, I hated you for a week or two.”

Cory frowned deeply, “My kit?”

“Not your first one, your other one that you didn’t really like.’

“Oh,” He said, looking relieved, “Well, alright then.” He shrugged then slowly slid off the counter, “So, Warden, do you want to see my test results to confirm it was legit?”

“Yes,” I answered then I lifted his hand to see his ring hugging his finger, “Did you take it off?”

“Only while cheating,” He whispered with an ashamed look upon his face.

“Ah, I see.” I frowned then pointed to him, “Tell your Son that you love him on your to the room,” I ordered, “But try not to wake him.”

“He’s two months old, is he already sleeping through the night?”

“No, not all the way through it but he’s not awake there’s no sense in waking him, is there?” I rolled my eyes then made my way back up into the bedroom that I share with my Husband.

No, I’m not thrilled that he cheated but I was expecting it. Everyone around me told me I’d lose him for a few months maybe even a year or so, no one, not even me, had faith in him that he’d stay loyal to me. I know it’s not right to turn a blind eye to his cheating but why get upset over it? Like I said, I knew it would happen one day sooner or later, it’s Cory’s nature, he’s always been a flirt even though he’s happily committed to me, this was bound to happen. I don’t want to lose my Husband over two or three girls that he fucked when he was wasted. It would be different if I felt him slipping away from me emotionally; it would be different if he didn’t feel ashamed of himself. But, he knows he did wrong, he feels like shit because of it and I can handle that.

As long as I can look at him and still see the man I married, not some drummer with a big ego because his band got signed, I won’t make a big deal of it. But the second that I look at him and can’t see that same old Cory, is the second that I get a lawyer and demand a divorce. Call me naïve, call me what you want but Cory’s a good man deep down and that man will always love me.
♠ ♠ ♠
There might've been a time when I would let you slip away, I wouldn't even try but I think you could save my life