Status: Completed

You and Me Could Write a Bad Romance

A Fairy Tale Ending

“Babe!?” I laughed happily as I ran around the coffee table in the living room, “Stop it!” I ordered before pointed at the gorgeous boy chasing me with a grin upon his face, “No, don’t.” I demanded.

With bright pale blue eyes, Deacon had a playful look in his eyes before he quickly made the move towards me, running around the table trying to catch me. I laughed happily before running away from him, making my way through the dining room and kitchen then out into the backyard. Once outside, Deacon ran faster than he did inside and caught me, throwing his arms around me before throwing me over his shoulder and started towards the pool, “I’ll teach you to run from me,” He said happily.

“No!” I squealed, “Don’t do it, Deacon Lee,” I said, using both his first and middle names, “I can’t swim!” I lied and just as I said that, the six foot one man tossing me into the cool water.

Coming up from the bottom of the pool, I stared up at my Husband and glared, “You are so in the doghouse,” I assured him.

He grinned down at me before tugging his shirt off, pushing his jeans down then he jumped into the pool. Once he came up from under the water, he swam over towards me and pressed his lips to mine, “You started it,” He reminded me while slipping his arms around me.

“So?” I muttered then I dunked him under waster before climbing out of the pool. Taking my wet shirt and pants off, I stood there in my bra and panties and stared down at Deacon who was now back up and swimming around a bit, “I’m going to go change into something dry, we have company coming over, screwball.”

“Don’t remind me,” He grumbled as he pulled himself out of the pool and stood up straight, while water glistened on his tanned, toned body in the sun, “He hasn’t seen Noah in three years and all of the sudden, he wants back in his life?” Deacon grumbled, “That’s bullshit, Hal.”

I nodded a little as I thought about my ex husband who did me wrong in so many ways but that’s the past, now I have a happy and healthy marriage with Deacon. He pieced my heart back together then stole it from me once it was fixed. He was my rock and the exact thing I needed to get me through the roughest time of my life. We’ve been together for three years, dated for two and married for the last year. He’s home every night and treats me like a Queen. He’s the best Father to Noah, who doesn’t know any other Father, he even calls Deacon Dad, he’s also the best Father to our little girl who is three months old, she’s an angel and looks just like Deacon. My life is better than I could’ve ever asked for it to be.

“He’s not taking our Son, anywhere.” Deacon said sternly before rubbing his face a little bit, “Noah has no fucking clue who is he,”

“He should be able to know, though,” I pointed out.

“So Cory can let him down too?” He wondered then rolled his eyes, “Whatever, Hallie,” He sighed, giving in, “He still isn't taking him anywhere, he can come visit him but he isn't going anywhere. I don’t trust him,” With that, he walked away and into the house.

Shaking my head, I followed suit, walking inside and up the stairs of the beautiful two story house that Deacon and I just moved into. After Cory and I divorced, I sold the old house and moved back in with my parents, when Deacon and I got really serious, I moved Noah and myself into Deacon’s two bedroom apartment and up until four months ago, that’s where we lived but obviously needed more space with Ava on the way.

Once I was dry and dressed in dry clothes, I went downstairs just in time to hear the door bell ring. Pulling the door open, I saw the tatted, green eyed boy I used to love so whole heartedly that it almost killed me.

“Hallie,” He greeted.

“Cory,” I forced a smile, “How are you?” I wondered.

“Alright,” He assured me, “You?”

“Amazing,” I smiled then I stepped to the side, “Please, come in and excuse the boxes, moving while having a baby is the worst idea to ever have,” I assured him.

Cory frowned as me as he walked in, “You had another baby?”

“Yeah,” I nodded, “Three months ago, Ava, she’s gorgeous.” I informed him then looked over towards the stairs to see Deacon walking down, holding Noah in his arms, “He was taking a nap,” I whispered to Cory then Noah lifted his head from Deacon’s shoulder.

Turning around, he looked at Cory and his bright green eyes couldn’t be more like his Father’s. Blinking sleepily, Noah studied Cory like a stranger before he looked at me then laid his head back on Deacon’s shoulder tiredly. Cory stared at the little boy for a long moment before he lowered his head a bit, “I’m sorry,” He apologized, “I shouldn’t be here,” He insisted then he walked out of the house.

Quickly following him, I frowned deeply, “Cory,” I called out, “Cory, stop.” I ordered.

He stopped and turned around to me, “I’m no different, Hallie,” He assured me, “I’m on tour all the time, going through girlfriend after girlfriend, Noah doesn’t need that in his life.”

“He should know you, you’re his Father.”

Cory shook his head, “No, I’m not,” He cleared his throat, “I helped you make him and that’s it, it’s clear that he already has a Father. Deacon … he’s doing a good job, from what Mindy and Jeff tell me, you haven't ever been happier.”

“I haven't,” I confirmed, “I love him so much, he’s home every night, he gets along with all of my friends and family members, he doesn’t do drugs, he doesn’t drink too much. He can fix anything and if doesn’t know how, he learns, he even won over my Grandma up in Bend.” I smiled, “Who has apologized and we have a great relationship now.”

Cory nodded slowly, “That’s great to hear, Hallie, I’m happy for you, really.” He cleared his throat, “Maybe when Noah is older we’ll try this again but for right, I don’t want to confuse the boy, he won’t understand, at all.”

“Ok,” I agreed, “Keep in contact Cory, I still worry about you.” I insisted.

He nodded then walked away towards his car. I watched as he drove away then turned around towards the house only to see Deacon standing on the porch, without Noah. Walking up to my Husband, I stared up into his beautiful blue eyes and smiled, “I love you,”

“I love you, too.” He whispered back then leaned down and kissed my lips lightly, “Your Daughter is awake and waiting to be fed,” He informed me.

“My Daughter?” I smirked.

Deacon nodded with a cute face, “Yeah, she wants nothing to do with me right now so she’s just yours,” He teased then frowned, “Are you ok?”

I nodded, “I’m fine, it just breaks my heart to see Cory like that, he can’t be happy, Deacon.”

“It’s his own fault, Hal.” Deacon assured me then Ava let out a scream from within the house, obviously not wanting to wait any longer. With a gentle sigh, I walked in and went up into her room. Once I was in the rocking chair, and nursing her, I couldn’t help but smile. I don’t regret a thing from the relationship Cory and I, when I married him, I loved him but people change and that’s exactly what happened. The road changed him and suddenly he wasn’t the Cory I fell in love with, that’s life and I accepted that.

This definitely isn't the ending that I thought I would have, I thought I’d always end up with Cory in the long run but I’m glad that I got Deacon, he’s a better man in so many ways. He’s loyal and is the man I always wanted Cory to be but I never got out of him. This isn't the end to everything, obviously Deacon and I will have fights and disagreements but the good will always out-weigh the bad and I see that we have many, many good years ahead of us. This isn’t the fairy tale ending that I thought I would have, it’s better and I have the rest of my life to thank Deacon for it.