Status: Completed

You and Me Could Write a Bad Romance

Bend

"Nathan, I don’t understand why you're letting your daughter do this," I heard my grandmother speak to her son, my Father. "Hallie is young and she doesn’t know what she wants."

"You said the same thing about me and April." My Dad spoke of my Mother, "Look at us now, still happily married with three kids. Hallie knows what she wants and if that means wanting to be Cory's Wife, then so be it. I'm not going to kick my only daughter out of my life because she has young love. If worse comes to worse, they divorce, it won’t be the end of the world."

"So, divorcing is ok in your eyes?" She snapped at him.

"It's better than staying married and miserable." He sighed, "Listen, what you did to me was fucked up but I forgave you for it, you forgave me for 'running' away. Just because I want to raise my daughter differently than you raised me, isn’t anything you should be concerned about. Support your granddaughter and try to be nice to Cory."

"I don’t know," My grandma sighed stressfully, "I can tell by the way he touches her that they've had sex before, I don’t approve of that."

"It's her personal life, and she's marrying the boy. Cory doesn’t look like much, I know, but he has a heart of gold, and he loves her. He looks at her like I looked at April, the way I still look at April. Mom don’t ruin this for Hallie like you ruined it for me."

"Nathan, that girl is going to end up getting her heart broken and you know it."

"Its love, of course Cory is going to break her heart and let her down. He's going to raise his voice with her and make her cry. Mom, I'm sick of talking about this, we brought Cory up to meet my side of the family before the two of them get married, if you're not going to make him feel welcome, don’t even talk to him. And tomorrow night, the two of them will be sleeping on the air bed together in the living room, not just Hallie. I'll make sure the two of them know that there's no sex under this roof, and that clothes stay on, but making Cory sleep in a room with five younger boys is wrong."

"Fine," My Grandmother gave in, "But, I hope they don’t expect me to go to the Wedding."

"They don’t, they don’t expect you to do anything. Just stop treating Cory like shit, like he's done everything under the sun wrong. He's a good kid, if he wasn’t I wouldn’t approve of him being with my daughter."

"We'll see Nathan, in two years when that girl is on the edge of a breakdown because her husband left her, don’t come crawling to me." With that I heard shuffled footsteps that I penned down to be as my Grandmothers.

Sitting up on the air bed that I was forced to sleep on alone tonight, I listened for her footsteps to start up the stairs of the large two story house. Once I was sure she was upstairs, I stood to my feet, popping my back once I had gotten my balance. Silently, I maneuvered through the dark to the kitchen. Stopping at the entrance, I peeked around the corner to see my Dad sitting at the island picking at a piece of blueberry pie.

"You should be asleep," He spoke to me, knowing I was there without even looking up at me.

"How did you know I was here?"

"I'm your Father, I know these things." He gently pushed the pie pan over towards me a bit, "Want some before I decide to eat it all?"

"Sure," I walked over and found myself a fork before sitting on the stool next to him, getting a bite of pie on the fork.

"I know you heard us talking," He whispered, still avoiding eye contact, "Don’t listen to her, she's just bitter about marrying so young."

"Why?"

"Because, she was married at eighteen, my Dad walked out on her and I when they were twenty. She was a single mother, going to school full time, with two part time jobs and a fussy one and a half year old son. She doesn’t believe in young love. That's why she kicked me out when I married your mom, that's why she refused to meet you when you were born."

"Cory loves me,"

"I know he does," He nodded his head a few times before he finally glanced over at me, "You know what, if you want to drive home you're more than welcome to."

"I think we can tough it out." I smiled, "Besides, if we leave that'll give her one more reason to hate Cory. We'll deal."

"Well, you can go wake him up if he's sleeping, let him know that he can sleep with you on the air mattress, but clothes stay on, and try to keep your cuddling to a minimum," He laughed softly, "And that thing Cory likes to do, you know with having his hand down the back of your pants while you two sleep, don’t do that, and if you must, keep your blankets on."

"Cory can’t help it!" I laughed, "He does it when he's asleep."

My Dad gave me that Fatherly look then nodded, "While we're up here, you should think about looking for a dress." He inhaled deeply, "Maybe, I'll give you my card and you and Cory can drive up into Portland, spend a night or two and you can get your wedding dress up there."

"Do you mean it?'

"Yeah, but no drinking..." He frowned, "I don’t know how you two manage to get booze all the time, but no drinking. Then come back down for the Wedding. Maybe Mom will head up there with you too, you know how she's complaining about wanting to be with you when you get your dress."

"Yeah," I agreed, "Only if Cory and I have our own room, Mom can come."

"Deal."

Falling quiet, we continued to share what was left of the pie in a comfortable silence. After a few minutes I heard slow footsteps coming towards the kitchen, then there was a pause in them before someone sighed with relief, "Thank god it's you two," I heard my fiancé say softly, "I thought I was gonna get my ass chewed out for needing something to drink."

I turned around and laughed as my brown eyes landed on his small frame. With his PJ pants low on his hips, the top of his underwear was visible giving his rather tight fitting white shirt is a little short, "Get your ass back in that room, no one can drink after fucking midnight do you fucking hear me!?" I snapped in a mock angry voice.

He rolled his eyes then walked over to me, "What is that?"

"Blueberry pie, want some?"

"No, I want something to drink." He muttered.

I pointed to the fridge, "Help yourself."

"No alcohol," My dad butted in before shoveling another piece of pie into his mouth.

Cory grabbed a bottled water then quietly shut the door, "Why are you two up?"

"Talking," I answered, "Why are you up? You should be dead, you did all the driving."

"Your cousin’s snore," He informed me as he walked over to me. After he took a few sips of the cold water, he kissed my cheek lightly then placed another kiss next to my ear, whispering that he loved me as he did so.

"I love you," I replied then smiled before holding a piece of pie to his mouth, "My grandma may hate the fact that we're getting married but she makes one awesome pie."

He laughed and took the bite, nodding his head in agreement.

"Well, you two, I'm going to bed." My Dad said as he stood up, "Be good," He demanded before kissing my temple and leaving the room without another word.

Cory made a face then looked at me, "what's going on?"

"Nothing," I insisted, "But I could use some company in bed tonight. My Dad went over my grandma's head, told me we could sleep together."

"Thank god," He muttered, 'I am so fucking tired it isn’t funny. Your cousin’s snore, Aaron kept trying to talk to me and Ted wanted to sleep with me because he had a nightmare."

"My brothers love you."

"Yeah, well I love them too but I need my space."

I nudged him, "You sleep with me when I have nightmares."

"Different," He said simply as he stole another bite of pie, "Completely different." He added before he slid a hand up the back of my shirt, letting his finger tips dance along my spine.

I grabbed his water and took a sip before giving it back to him, "My dad said if we wanted to, we could drive up to Portland and stay a night or two. While we're up there, get my wedding dress too."

Cory let a smile form on his lips, "You're gonna look so gorgeous," He whispered, "But you have to promise me that you won’t wear panties."

"No, I'm wearing panties whether you like it or not."

"Fine," He rolled his eyes then pressed his hand flat against my back, rubbing slowly, "C'mon lets go to bed, kissing a little, dry hump and go to sleep."

"You're being a sleaze tonight, stop it."

"Hey, I get a free pass to be a sleaze, Miss Party Animal."

I blushed, "Well," was my only defense.

"Well," He mocked cutely then sighed, "I love you," He muttered.

"Love you too," I got up, putting my fork in the sink then tugged him out of the kitchen and into the formal living room with me.

"Do you have any cigarettes?" He asked.

"No, you smoked my last one after dinner."

He growled, "I'm out too," He huffed, "I need a smoke, bad."

"Well, in a few days you'll be eighteen and you can go buy some." I pointed out, "Until then, just deal." I added before crawling onto the air mattress.

Cory followed suit. Once he was under the covers, he kissed my lips softly, "Do you think your Dad or Mom will buy me a pack if I give them the money?" He asked, "I don’t think I can deal with your family without my smokes."

"I'm sure they will," I nodded.

"I want to go get high," He whispered.

"You didn’t bring any with you, did you?" I asked with wide eyes.

"No, I don’t even have any." He huffed, "You smoked the last of it last weekend. I haven’t had the time to buy more."

"You told me I could, and I shared." I defended.

"I know," Cory played with my hair, "Blow me?"

"No." I answered.

"Can I go down on you?"

"No,"

He laughed cutely, "I'm fucking with you," He sighed, "But, I do wish you could be wearing just panties right now."

I shrugged a bit before I pushed his shirt off. Leaning down, I placed a soft kiss in the middle of his chest before snuggling him, "This isn’t fair," Cory whispered, "I'm topless."

"When we're in Portland, I'll sleep naked whether or not we're having sex."

"Good," He whispered then kissed my forehead, "I love you, and I'm going to sleep now. Good night."

"I love you too,' I lifted my head, "One good, good night kiss."

He looked up at me and smiled, "Kiss away, Mrs. Cory La quay."

I blushed before I pressed my lips to his, kissing him deeply. As the kiss went on and gradually got more heated, Cory was the first to pull away, "let's get some sleep before we do something that we know we're not supposed to do under this roof."

"Good night," I muttered simply.

Cory let out a sigh, "Are you gonna pout now?"

"Maybe,"

He wrapped me up in his arms once more then sighed once as he softly started to sing to me. No, he doesn’t have the best singing voice, but it's comforting. I smiled though I did my best to hide it from him. I couldn’t pinpoint the song he was singing but it was familiar and his voice was smooth.

Slowly he stopped singing and his grip around me slipped as his body relaxed. After that, I felt his hand tiredly move down my back and into the back of my PJ pants. I smiled now knowing he was sleeping. Shaking my head to myself, I just snuggled him more and laid there wide awake, not being able to sleep because my stress is so high right now.

I hope I make it out of this family visit with my sanity and my fiancé.
♠ ♠ ♠
... that song he softly sings, keepin' you from breakin'.