‹ Prequel: Skin and Bones
Status: Hiatus

Eat My Heart Out

Brave

My last exam. My very last exam.

Over.

I skip down the empty halls happily. I must look so gay, but fuck it; I am! In both ways!

Ways…

I’m a regular punner.

Can you even say ‘punner’?

Well, you can in my mind, and since it’s only me in my mind, I can!

Fuck, I’m so silly. I’m so ridiculous. I’m so elated!

I get to the canteen and sit down at an empty table to the right. The canteen isn’t even open yet, I’m off that early.

“Last day!” I turn my head to see Ray at the other end of the canteen. The other three people here stare at him, but I just break down laughing.

“Freedom!” I yell back, trying – and failing – to sound like William Wallace.

Ray strolls towards me, obviously enjoying the feeling of having nothing to do, and casually sits himself across from me. I grin at him.

“Only one class left.” He spins to the side and puts his feet up on the bench, leaning on the edge of the table. He almost falls back, but keeps a firm grip of the table and lean against his hand.

“And that’s not even a class. It’s graduation preparation,” I say, careful to pronounce the last two words. Fucking tongue-tier.

“Life doesn’t get much better,” Ray says, just before the lunch-bell resonates through the large room. The second the annoying bells stop ringing, the lunch ladies are out from their hide-outs and opening the gates to the reveal the overprotected food.

Ray and I quickly get in line, being only fifth and sixth in line, but it takes forever for the cashier to get the teller working, so by the time we get back to the table, it’s occupied. On the other hand, two tables further towards the back, Frank and Mikey are sitting, eating and talking.

“Hi,” I say and slip onto the bench and wrap an arm around Frank, snuggling my nose into his neck.

“Hey,” he says back, giggling and pulling away from me. My nose always tickles him. I grin at him and kiss his cheek.

“You’re so cute,” I say, before pulling away. I unwrap one of my sandwiches and open my coke. The coke is pure splurge. A soon-graduate-graduation gift to myself.

I take a sip, a bite and glance around the table. I frown at Frank’s food.

There’s cucumber in his salad. A month ago he was allergic to it. He got this rash on his hands and his palate itched. I guess he got used to it or something. He still eats a lot, just like he promised.

“I thought you were allergic to cucumber?” I ask, trying not to sound too judgmental, before I take another bite. Frank just smiles at me.

“Turns out it was only the peel,” he answers happily.

I can’t resist, swallow quickly and kiss his neck.

“Stop it,” he giggles and pulls away.
“It tickles.” I giggle at him, pull him close and continue eating, enjoying the feel of him close and the feeling of freedom even closer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lame, I know, but I had to do it! They made me do it!
And if you're thinking about asking who 'they' are, then my answer will be:
. . . . .

So, have you all checked out my new Frerard in the Jungle?