‹ Prequel: Skin and Bones
Status: Hiatus

Eat My Heart Out

Horror

I hold Frank around his waist from behind, leaning down to rest my chin on his shoulder.

“So, Dead Snow?” Ray asks. I find the poster for it and shrug.

“Can’t we watch something without subtitles? I’m so sick of reading,” Mikey whines. I feel sorry for him. We’re nearing summer vacation, and the teachers always go nuts about homework – like they suddenly realize they have a curricular they need to cover before the school year is over.

“Then suggest something else,” Ray orders annoyed as he rolls his eyes. I roll my eyes myself, knowing this will turn into a giant argument between the two. Even if it’s just within the parameters of one room, Ray and Mikey always get in a huge argument when they somehow get in charge of picking a movie.

Frank suddenly starts prying my arms off of him.

“I have to go to the bathroom,” he whispers to me, and I reluctantly let go of him. He turns around to smile at me, before he walks off towards the men’s room at the other end of the hall.

“Alright!” Mikey yells happily, and I turn my head to frown at him deeply.

“Deal! I’ll go buy the tickets. You guys can just owe me,” Ray says quickly. I’m so confused. My eyes keep switching between staring at Ray’s back and Mikey’s face, trying to figure out what the fuck I missed in the two seconds I shut out their voices.

“Wow,” Bob says, then grins.

“What happened?” I ask baffled.

“They agreed,” he answers, sounding like he’s just seen a miracle.

And maybe it could be defined as one.

We buy candy, watch the movie and get out. To myself, I can admit that it was a lame movie. Just another seemingly large production killing your high hopes. I could admit this to Frank too, but maybe later – later when we’re alone and Mikey won’t be there to puke all over me for saying that I stared at Frank the whole time, instead of watching the movie.

“Who needs a ride home?” Ray calls out. I glance out the glass doors and see that it’s already dark.

I love how time always passes when you’re in a movie theatre. It’s like time travel, in a way. While sitting in a dark, isolated room, it’s like time goes by slowly. When you get out, you have a feeling that it’s only been 10 minutes, but in reality, outside the room, time flew by.

“Bathroom first,” Mikey yells out, before he walks off quickly towards the bathroom. Bob follows.

“Besides, Ray,” I say. He turns his head to look at me.
“We all came here in your car. I’m pretty sure we all need a ride back.”

Ray smirks at me, silently agreeing, then frowns briefly when he looks down at Frank.

“You okay there, Frank?” he asks, and I look down myself to see Frank looking pale. His arms are wrapped around my waist, but while I thought he just wanted to be close to me, he apparently felt the need to hold me for support.

I tighten my hold on his waist and brush some hair out of his face with my free hand.

“My stomach hurts,” he whines softly, obviously trying not to whine and failing miserably.

“Aw, baby,” I coo and bend down to kiss the top of his head.

“I think I ate too much candy,” he mumbles. I smile softly at his innocence, wrapping both of my arms around him for a comforting embrace.

“Then we better get you home,” I say, sounding very adult all of the sudden. I grin at myself for suddenly having aged, just because I – hopefully – finished high school this week.

Frank hums against my shoulder and I smile up at Ray, who nods understandingly.

“Alright. Where’re we going?” Mikey asks as he comes up next to us, wiping his hands in his pants. At least he washed them.

“I don’t know about you guys, but if you don’t mind, Ray, I think I’ll take Frank home. Then you guys can just do whatever,” I say, softly rubbing Frank’s back.

Mikey just shrugs.

“Alright. Let’s go,” he says and walks towards the exit.

“Mikey,” Ray calls and Mikey stops and turns around.

Ray points to the bathroom.

“Bob?”

Mikey rolls his eyes and folds his arms, not hesitant to show his impatience.

I roll my eyes at him.

“You don’t have to go home. You can just drop me off,” Frank says softly, his breath puffing against the side of my neck.

I quickly place a kiss on his temple.

“I want to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Watch out!! Behind you!!
Noooooo!!
Whyy? Oh, fuck, whyy?
Breathe! Live! Don't you die on me!!
"911, what is your Mibba emergency?"
"Help me! I've- We've all been attacked by the Clan of the Clichés!!"

Btw, Dead Snow: Fucking brilliant!!