Status: Inactive.

Moonstruck

Birthday?!

"DADDY! SANTA CAME EARLY!" Matt Jr's voice screamed into my face, making me jump awake. He was crouching on my chest, smiling excitedly.

"I...what...?" I asked sleepily.

"He brought us presents!!!" He ran for the stairs. Quickly waking myself up, I hurried over to him and picked him up.

"Santa didn't come early, buddy! Those are our gifts for everyone else! Santa hasn't come yet!"

"But.... how did they get there?! You and mumma were sleeping...."

"Mumma and Night went shopping yesterday...those presents are for all your uncles," I smiled a little.

"Are they coming today too!?" he asked excitedly.

"I dunno, buddy. We'll call them later, okay?"

"Okay!!" He looked excited, hopping off my lap.

I rubbed my eyes, "...Is your mother up yet?"

"No, she's sleeping..." he shushed me.

I nodded, "What are you doing up so early then?"

He rubbed his stomach, "I'm hungry!!"

"Okay... Come on." I led him into the kitchen. "How does cereal sound?" I asked, opening the door to the pantry. The phone started ringing, making me jump. I raced for it, hoping to get it before it woke Jill. "Hello....?!"

"Hey Matt, we're at the airport now...how fast can you be here?" Jill's dad asked.

"...Now...?"

"Yes, now," He chuckled.

"Er... If you let me get dressed.....maybe 10 or 20 minutes?" I closed the pantry. "Matt, I'll be right back..." I raced up the stairs, going to see if Jill was awake. She was still sleeping soundly, making me sigh quietly. Midnight was also still asleep, so I went back into my bedroom.

"Okay, see you when you get here."
I got dressed quickly, grabbing a piece of paper and writing on it quickly. one side said "Babe" in big letters with a little arrow saying to go to the other side.
'went to get mum and dad... took Matt... call me if you want. I love you. Matthew.'
I taped it on the door jamb of our room, at about her height so she would see it when she got up.

Running back down stairs, Jr pulled on his coat before we went outside and into my car. I would have to stop and get something from Dunkin's before we got back to the house. Jr fell asleep as I drove to the airport, making me chuckle. So much for being hungry. I carried him inside once there, letting him stay sleeping as long as the crowd at the airport wasn’t too loud.

"Over here, Matthew!!" I looked up to see Jill's parents, waiting patiently with their luggage. I approached them with a smile, though they could probably see right through it. "Oh, he's so cute...!" 'Mom' whispered, brushing some of his hair back.

"He just fell asleep...he wanted to come see his Grammy and Grampy." I shifted my sleeping child a little.

"Oh wow. Come on, he might wake up in here with all this noise..."

"Follow me," I smiled, motioning them to the nearest door. We went out to the ca and put all their stuff in the car. Matt stayed asleep, making me thankful. He would need the rest if he was gonna be around his grandparents. "I hope you don’t mind... I need to stop and get breakfast for everyone..." I said as I started to drive. "I'll get you something if you'd like..."

"Sure! We don’t min," They both smiled. I reached for my phone as it rang, knowing it was Jill.

"Hey babe," I smiled.

"Hey. You get them...?"

"I did. Were stopping to get breakfast. Is 'Night awake yet?"

"No... I just got up. Got your note. And then I looked at the calendar. Matt, there's one huge thing we forgot that is today..." she sighed.

"...What...?" I asked, not really wanting to know. What could we have forgotten?!

"Zacky's birthday party!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Have not updated in a while... lost 1 persona month for the last 3. im sick of it.

Maybe updates will come regularly once again, i just need time.

Rest in Peace, James.