‹ Prequel: Deadly Perception
Status: October 10, 2011: Hey everyone :) Its been a long time, huh? shameful face. anyway, expect an update tonight. FINALLY :D

Beautiful Deception

Freedom Tastes A Lot Like His Kiss

So many things have happened to me in the past month. Being adopted by the O'Keiffs. Meeting Jack. Being sexually harrased by Jack. Going to high school. Meeting Nick. Fighting with Nick. Faling in love with Nick. Finding out that Jack's a drug dealer, and that Nick owes him money. Being kidnapped by Jack. Being raped by Jack...

God, so many memories swirl in my head. Some good, most bad. But, all I know now is that I'm going to start over. Thankfully, not by myself. Nick will be there with me, and he's all I'll need.

I will admit that finding out that I won't be able to return home is rather saddening. Frightening too because, as of now, I don't know where Nick is taking me. But, I trust him completely. Love, after all, is based on trust.

I've been holding on tightly to Nick's hand as we made our way through the forest- over uprooted trees and piles of leaves- towards Grenville. Approximately forty-five minutes ago, Nick and I escaped from Jack and his friends hide-out on the edge of Brookdale. We have to move quickly though because once Jack gets back to the house, he'll immediately know that I'm gone and start searching for me.

At first, I figured that he wouldn't care that I'd left. But, that was before Jack told me that day in the basement after he raped me that I wasn't disposable. That every single inch of me belonged to him. Now, I don't doubt that Jack's looking for me. So, Nick and I have to be quick.

Unfortunately, walking swiftly hurts for me. I still have that dull ache between my legs and my bruises still throb. I wonder if every time a girl loses her virginity she hurts like this. Or maybe it's just under the instance of brutal rape that she feels the worst kind of pain.

Nick glances over at me worriedly for the hundredth time since we've been walking. "Riley, come on, just let me carry you," he pleads. He can sense my pain though I'm doing well at hiding it.

"I'm too heavy and I don't want to slow us down," I protest stubbornly. Nick just smirks at me. Before I know it, he stops walking and lifts me into the air by holding me securely around my thighs. I squeal in shock and he kisses me.

"I barely even had to try to pick you up, you're so light," he tells me as he nuzzles his face in my neck. I giggle and squirm around trying to get him to put me down. He finally does. But, instead of taking my hand, he wraps his arm securely around my waist. He holds me to him, supporting most of my weight as we walk. I don't argue with this. He's just being sweet and helpful, it's his nature.

For the duration of the journey Nick and I have been joking around, laughing, kissing, and playfully shoving each other. It lessens the realization of the fact that we're never going home, that our lives are being completely altered. If we're so absorbed in each other then we barely notice the reality of the situation. But, as we come nearer and nearer to Grenville, Nick sobers up considerably. And, he explains what's going to happen.

"So, I've made some phone calls, and I finally got someone who could help us," he tells me. My chin rests on his shoulder from where he's carrying me on his back. After some serious persuasion- in the form of Nick nearly tickling me to death- I finally conceded to allowing Nick to give me a piggy-back ride. It hasn't even slowed him down. He carries me as if I weigh nothing. But, then again Nick is pretty muscular for fourteen- I mean fifteen. I keep forgetting that Nick's birthday was a few days ago. But, then again I try to block his past birthday completely from my mind. It was, after all, the day Jack raped me in front of him as a 'present'. Or what Jack's twisted mind considered a present anyway.

"Who is it?" I ask. I can see the edge of the Grenville highway just beyond the parting of trees. My heart flutters nervously in my chest. This is it.

"His name is Brian Schumer. He's an old friend of my brother. He's always been an older brother like figure to me, and he was more than willing to help us out. I told him about you, and our situation of being on the run excluding a few major details. And, he said we could... hide out there for as long as we needed."

"So, he lives in Grenville?"

"Yeah," Nick confirms. "He said he'd pick us up at the edge of the forest." I nod absentmindedly. We're directly at the forest's edge. There are cars wizzing past of the highway, but one black convertible is idling along the side of the road. Nick let's me down and takes my hand in his. As we make our way over to the car, the window rolls down.

Inside is a guy around eighteen or nineteen years old. He's got pale skin and straight black hair that drops down into his eyes. He's wearing a simple white blazer over faded Levi's and black sunglasses. When Nick leans down next to the open window, the guy pulls off his sunglasses and turns to look at him. His eyes are a deep, yet piercing brown.

He cracks an instant smile. "Well, well, well. Little Nicky Grant. It's been a while, no?" His voice has a slight hint of a Britist accent. Nick laughs goodnaturedly and leans in to fist bump the guy.

"Yes, it has. And, FYI, I'm fifteen. Hardly a little kid anymore," Nick informs him.

The guy just waves Nick off with a smirk and rolls his eyes. "Spare me your life story, kid. There's time for that later. Now..." He claps his hands together. "Where's this girl you've been talking about?"

Nick backs away from the window so that the guy can get a good look at me. He eyes me critically with a slight semi smile on his face. For some reason, the glint in his eyes unnerves me. I guess I'll always be hesitant around older guys due to my previous experiences with them.

I suddenly feel very exposed in my dress, which is way too little fabric for every day wear. The guy's eyes take liberties with running over my body. I swallow hard, and try not to show that it bothers me. Besides, this guy is Nick's friend, and he knows that I'm his girlfriend.

"Hello," the guy says kindly after a while. All doubt of his questionable look leaves my mind. He sounds nice at least. But then again, British accents tend to have the ablitly to smooth things over. He leans over and outstretches his hand to me. "The name's Brian. What's your's, love?"

I extend my hand too, and he engulfs it in his much larger one. "R-Riley," I tell him cursing the slight stutter in my voice. My confidence with guys has substantially decreased since being kidnapped. Brian doesn't let go of my hand as soon as would normally be expected. Instead he eyes me curiously with his head cocked to the side.

Finally, after a few seconds, he lets go and addresses Nick. "Leave it to you to get the pretty ones, kid." Brian nods his head at me "This one's gorgeous." Nick wraps an arm around my waist and he gives Brian a smile. It's meant to be kind, but I can see a hint of protectiveness in his expression.

"Yeah, I know. I love her though and I'd appreciate it if you didn't try anything."

Brian raises his hands up in mock surrender. "On my best behavior," he says with a smirk. He opens up the passenger side door and unlocks the back. "Now, get in the damn car. Aren't you guys supposed to be running from someone?"

Nick agrees with him. But, instead of getting into the passenger seat, he slips into the back with me. I curl up into his side and he holds me gently while we watch the forest disappear behind us as we drive off.

I'm a little nervous about Brian, but I don't say anything. If Nick trusts him then so do I.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of the sequel... yay! Too all my Deadly Perception subscribers- I hope you'll like this one too :]. And to any new readers/ subscribers- Welcome! And enjoy!

P.S. Comments make me incredibly happy and help me update faster :D