We've Got a Big Mess on Our Hands

Chapter One; Deep Sleep and Surprises.

My deep sleep was cut short, the dream of Neverland and flying over the lagoon and the mermaids, of sword fights with Captain Hook, interrupted by a sharp prodding in my side. I mumbled, keeping my eyes shut tightly. The poking moved up to my cheek, and in turn my forehead. A groan escaped my lips and I batted the hand away.

"Sleeping," I muttered dismissively, trying to fall back asleep, so hard I thought my brain might swell up.

"Raine, will you pay attention to me? It's important!" my neighbour, Spencer's voice rung loudly in my ears.

"What could- possibly be that important that you feel the need to wake me at -" I yawned and glanced at the old alarm clock - "five a-m?"

Spencer grumbled something under his breath.

"Perhaps that Panic! are going on a tour!" he shouted in delight. It was lucky that my parents were away, otherwise we'd both be in a lot of trouble now.

"Hmm, well, that's great, but please let me sleep." I didn't swallow what he'd told me, and wriggled further under the quilt. Spencer took hold of my shoulders and shook me back and forth, forcing me to sit upright.

"Raine! Panic! At the Disco are going on tour!"

It finally sunk in at that point, and I let out a scream and sprung out of the bed.

"Are you serious?!" I shrieked. Spencer nodded frantically and I ran towards him. He caught me and spun around, my arms latched tightly around his neck. "That's amazing Spence!"

He laughed simply and nodded again, setting me down.

"When is the tour starting?"

"In a month."

This left me speechless, my eyes wide with shock.

"A month?" I choked out.

"We're leaving in a month and we're not sure how long it will last."

"Oh..."

"That's why we're inviting you and Cassadee to come with us."

I stood still, dumbstruck by all the news.

"Raine?" Spencer asked after a long pause, watching my blank, unresponsive expression. He tapped my cheek. "Are you listening to me? You and Cassadee are allowed to come on tour with all of us."

"Yu-uh, I'm listening." I was still a little fuzzy about it. "That's really nice," I said calmly, starting to obsessively clean my room. It was an automatic thing for me; if I was in shock or something massive had just been dropped on me I would begin to tidy which ever room I was in. Pulling a wad of lined paper from my oakwood desk, I slid it into one of the drawers below before crossing the room to my wardrobe. I opened the door, I rearranged every coathanger inside it, while Spencer sat on my bed, utterly gobsmacked by my reaction. When I finally finished with the wardrobe I shifted over to the bed, ushering him to the desk. Pulling the quilt up and straightening the pillows, a relieved sigh escaped my lips.

"You're inviting me and Cass on tour with you guys? Well- I don't know. Who else is going?"

Spencer smiled a little; I guess he thought he was receiving more of a reaction.

"Fall Out Boy, Paramore, The Cab, Gym Class Heroes, possibly Forgive Durden, us, The Academy Is... and I think that's it."

My mouth fell at the last band mentioned.

"William Beckett is going to be there?! Count me in!" I shouted, running out of the room. I heard a laugh, and Spencer joined me in the livingroom.

"So you'd only come for William?" he asked. I shrugged, laying across the floor. He joined me.

"You know he's my favourite artist, other than you guys. But seriously, Spence, this is great news. I'll just have to wait for Mum and Dad to come home so I can ask them."
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter's up.

So, we'd appreciate it greatly if you could give us feedback on this.

Not a very entertaining after-note, but it'll get better as time goes. ::cute:.