We've Got a Big Mess on Our Hands

Eleven; Josy

The next day, I found myself lying in the lounge of TAI's tour bus, before we were due to leave after the drivers had their breaks, listening to Mike and William play together. Draped across the couch, it wasn't the most comfortable position, but I was too excited to say anything about it. I sang along in time with William, the grin never leaving my mouth.

William merely smiled down at me, ruffling a hand through my hair.

"Hey!" I complained, smoothing it back in place.

"Hey!" he mimicked. I pouted; shot a mock glare. Mike rolled his eyes, shaking his head. He set the guitar aside and crossed over to the sofa. I narrowed my eyes at him, but felt taken aback when a pair of hands sprung out, tickling my sides. I squealed loudly, glancing upwards to see William smirk. Mike then joined in. I screamed out in protest, giggling manically. They made me squirm and twist and bend so much I fell off of the sofa, on top of Mike. They continued, however, with William soon crawling onto me.

"Oh -- my -- God! Stop it!" I choked, turning about recklessly.

"Ha, no!"

"Please!" I cried, attempting to kick my legs out from between the two boys. The door opened behind us then, and a few sets of footsteps sounded entering.

"What is it?" Mike asked from below me, seeing Sisky and Tom looking greatly disheartened. William and I both looked over at them; a frown weaving over my expression as I tried to analyze theirs.

"Josy's dead," Tom informed the three of us. A gasp ripped out from the back of my throat. William's grip on my waist tightened, his eyes wide with disbelief.

"W-William..." I murmured, staring at him, softly. He dropped his gaze to me, shifting off of my stomach. I sat up, sliding down to the floor next to Mike.

"You can't be...serious..." he croaked finally. Sisky stepped forward.

"They think she o-overdosed," he uttered, biting into his lip. I hauled myself up, strode across the room to him. Laid my head on his shoulder; wrapped my arms around his waist. His linked round mine in return, pulling me closer, hid his face in my neck.

"Why would she do that? She had so much to live for!"

"She was obviously depressed," Tom retorted, "either that or it was an accident."

Sisky's arms tightened a considerable amount, and I kissed the side of his head, gently rubbing his back, hoping to soothe him a little.

"Look, it hardly matters now. Can't you just get on and honour her memory?"

Watching the hysterical boys, over Adam's shoulder, I glanced to Mike.

"Raine's right," he acknowledged, nodding. "We should...call her family. Tell them."

I smiled thankfully at him, before pulling back from the embrace and led Sisky towards the door, intending on taking him outside for a walk. He went out ahead of me, and I felt a hand touch my shoulder. Turning, I observed William close the door of the lounge behind him, leaving us in the passage connecting the lounge to the band's bunk room, and one of the exits of the bus.

"William," I murmured, smiling sympathetically, "I'm sorry for your loss."

He shook his head, holding in the tears that reddened his eyes.

"Give him hot milk, okay? He likes that when he's upset. It calms him down."

"They were close weren't they?"

"You would've thought, if you didn't know them, from a distance, they were brother and sister," he agreed sadly.

"What about you guys? Can I get you anything?"

"No, we'll manage. Just take care of Adam, please?"

"I'll do my best," I responded, rubbing his arm, before exiting quietly.

I caught up to Sisky eventually, linking my hand through his arm.

"I'll take you to that café, 'kay? Then, you can hang out in Panic's bus if you feel up to it."

"Thanks Raine," he whispered, watching the ground as we walked away from the buses.

"You're welcome, honestly."

He nodded simply, leaning more towards me. We went into the café and sat for about thirty minutes, in silence, then headed to Panic's bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is my long-awaited update.
Comment, con-crit?
Tell me what you think?