Status: ACTIVE! Chapter Six Up! Please Comment!

A Story to Tell Your Grandkids

Senior Project

I yawned loudly and stretched out my legs expected them to hit Alex’s; but they never did. I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion before I ever opened my eyes. The bad feeling in my stomach was back and it was starting to spread throughout my body. I shook it off and decided to take a look around my room.

Everything in my room looked normal. The small television on top of my set of drawers was turned off as it usually was unless Scrubs or True Blood was on and my lap top was opened and set on standby next to a large stack of books that I had to read for English class on my vanity. I moved to the edge of the bed and saw my jeans and plaid top thrown across the floor.

Alex’s stuff was gone and so was he.

I felt my eyes start to tear up and soon I felt little wet droplets hit my chest. I sniffled and shook myself and rubbed my cheeks ferociously. No, I was not going to let this get me down; no way, no how. So what if I had just been used? I was probably one of a hundred that he had done it to before. Oh, great. I thought again… That makes me feel so much better.

Standing up, I walked to the bathroom and took off the rest of my clothes and hopped into a steamy hot shower in the hopes of washing Alexander William Gaskarth completely off of me.

[>>>]

It’s been two months since The Glamour Kills Tour ’09 graced Columbus, Ohio with its presence and well… I have always lived by the saying, ‘You learn to forgive and forget.’ Which is exactly what I’ve done; I’ve forgotten Alex as much as humanly possibly, because it is kind of difficult to forget one of your favorite bands but sometimes easier said done than said. I just focused harder on college.

Senior year at CCAD was going fantastically. I was going for a major in Photography and a minor in English. I wanted to do something along the lines of photojournalism and I decided that I wanted a few live shots of bands to put in senior project.

I walked down the stairs into the Basement and made my way towards the stage. I watched and casually took pictures Anarbor, The Ready Set and The Bigger Lights until I knew that The Friday Night Boys were setting up and I made sure that I was right in the middle where Andrew would be positioned.

The lights went out and the opening chords to ’Suicide Sunday’ started up and I positioned my camera upwards as Andrew walked for and sang the first line.

“I woke up sweating to a sinking sun
The front door’s open and the TV’s on.”


I snapped a perfect picture. His face was careened down to the microphone and he looked completely lost in just trying to get it right. I knew immediately that I would probably do this in black and white. I took a few more pictures of Andrew and a couple of Robby, Mike and Chris. I just knew that all the shots were going to turn out great. I just really want to get a shot of the guys off of the stage and maybe make them pose a little bit.

It was probably another half an hour until the show was over, but I didn’t stick around inside of the Basement. I walked out and up to where I knew that buses would be parked and after a little investigative work, found out which was The Friday Night Boy’s bus. I waited by the bus’ door until I saw them head for it.

“Uh, hey; can I help you with something?” Andrew asked as he walked up to me. I saw him give me the once over. I mentally rolled my eyes; I was so over guys in bands.

“Yeah, actually you can Andrew,” I smiled brightly at him and stuck out my hand which held my Photographer’s pass. Andrew took it and then passed it back to Mike and so on. “I was wondering if I could take a few pictures of you guys for my senior project? It’s kind of important, you know being the last big thing I’ll ever do for my education.”

“Sure, we’re always willing to help a fan, right guys?” Robby spoke up as Andrew just stared at me. “What do you want us to do … Uh, what’s your name?”

I laughed; I had completely forgotten to introduce myself, “My name’s Candy Matthews.”

“Sweet, sweet Candy,” Andrew smiled. I was starting to have a feeling of déjà vu. It was actually starting to make my started hurt.

I just faked a smile and a laugh in Andrew’s direction, “Exactly.”

Soon enough I started to directed the boys to stand in front of the bus where the driver hand turned the lights on. It looked pretty good. Well, at least as good as you can get when you don’t have adequate lighting; I had to improvise if I was going to get this shots.

“Good, that’s great guys, thank you;” I told them to go on to the bus and I would be on in a second to get a few more shots before taking off. The feeling in my stomach just wasn’t letting up. I put my camera case down on the ground and grabbed the side of the bus as I felt my stomach clinch and my mouth open wide as I vomited.

Someone behind pulled back my hair and it in place as I continued to spill my guts for the next few minutes. As the spew stopped and a coughed a little, a hand shot out next to my face with a handkerchief in its palm. I smiled weakly and took it to wipe my mouth.

I righted myself and turned back around to face Andrew, who I had suspected it had been, “Thank you, Andrew; you’re really sweet.”

Andrew shook his head, “Nah, I believe that’s your department, Candy.”

His words sounded sincere and I gave him a smile, “Thank you.”

“No problem, but can I ask you something, before we go on inside?” I nodded in his direction again as we walked towards the bus’ door. I heard him sigh and made sure I focused my full attention on him as he had his on the pavement.

“You’re the girl that Alex had the one night stand with back in November, aren’t you?” Andrew looked up and his bright grey eyes met mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Candy's Outfit
COMMENT..
xo
<3