Status: ACTIVE! Chapter Six Up! Please Comment!

A Story to Tell Your Grandkids

Your Message Has Been Sent

I sat alone in my room for months it seemed but it was only a few hours. I still couldn’t believe what the damn doctor had told me. I couldn’t be pregnant, there was no way – no how, could there be? I was so set to live a life that didn’t including remembering Alex and now… I’m pregnant with his child? The world was just being too god damn cruel.

I stood up from the floor and went over to my computer. Turning it on, I watched as a picture of the Columbus skyline in the frosty winter came up and I quickly opened an internet browser and clicked on the MySpace bookmark. I logged in and went to my friends list. I easily had over a hundred thousand friends; half made up of bands and the other of people I knew or had added me. Smugly, I typed a name into the friend search.

‘Alexander Gaskarth’

His picture came up quickly and as it did, my stomach started to do somersaults. I didn’t know if it was the morning sickness or the attraction I still held for him – but either way I cringed a little at the feeling. I clicked on his picture and his MySpace came up and – not bothering to loiter or waste anytime – I hit the button to send him a message.

The subject was enough to grab his attention, I hoped; it said, ‘Hey – Remember Me?’ I sure hoped he did. I quickly wrote out the message saying that I needed to talk to him and possibly on the off chance see him. I included my cell phone number and hit send.

As I stared at the cute little ‘Your Message Has Been Sent’ notification, I sighed out deeply and let the tears I had been keeping in out a little. Alex needs to know, because this is just as much his problem as it is mine. I just hope that he signs in and reads it soon.

[>>>]

I had drifted off to sleep shortly after I had sent the message off and cried some of my tears. But through my sleep, I could hear ‘The Feel Good Drag’ by Anberlin sounding off near me. I started to wake up faster as I realized that my phone was ringing.

Just before it got ready to cut off and go to voicemail, I answered it, “Hello?”

“Um, uh… Is this Candace?” I couldn’t recognize the voice but then it dawned on me who it might be.

“Yes – Alex, is that you?” I asked hesitantly.

There was a pause on the other end as I heard him take a deep breath and sigh out, “Yeah, yeah it’s me.”

Oh, god. How on earth am I going to tell him? I don’t think I thought this through enough. I simply stayed quite and waited for him to speak – which didn’t take long, “In the email you sent, you said you had something you needed to tell me, what is it, Candy?”

I bit my lip and looked down to the cream colored carpet where I thought I would find my answer on how to tell him, “Well, I guess you remember what happened in November, right?”

He coughed out a little laugh, “Of course I do.”

“Uh, well…, Alex… I’m sorry, I’m having trouble saying this,” I stated finally.

“What you didn’t have an STD or anything, did you?” I could practically hear the smile on his face.

I shook my head, he just wasn’t getting it, “No, that’s not it. Something’s happened.”

I could hear his breath hitch as it was starting to dawn on his, “What do you mean?”

“I’m pregnant.”

Alex was quite for a very long time; probably ten minutes or so but I knew that he was still there because I could hear his breathing and him sniffle too.

After a while, I was starting to get worried, I need to know what he thought about this. Just because he was crying about it didn’t mean shit in my opinion, “Alex, what do you think about this?”

“I… Do you want to come out there?” He asked. I smile quickly came to my lips.

“Yes, this is just as much your responsibility as it is mine,” I stated and I could practically hear him nod.

“I’ll book the next flight out to Columbus,” Alex stated.

[>>>]

Alex and me talked for another hour or so until he said that he had to go. I was starting to feel differently about being pregnant; having Alex’s help and him being here, would be great. I know what it’s like to grow up without a parent and I know it’s not exactly the ideal thing. I still just hope that it all works out.
♠ ♠ ♠
'Ello Readers!
Comment?
<3