Status: ACTIVE! Chapter Six Up! Please Comment!

A Story to Tell Your Grandkids

Morning Sickness

My doorbell rang and I knew immediately that it was Alex. It was just after noon and his plan had touched down at eleven. Opening the door; I was greeted by a messy haired boy with a sheepish smile. It looked like he had hardly slept on the five hour plane ride that took him from Baltimore to here.

"Hi," I smiled at him and ushered him into my apartment before any of my star crazed neighbors saw him. I lived surrounded by twenty-something college students. They would go nuts over seeing the lead singer of All Time Low. But today was Sunday - everyone was probably still sleeping. Except for maybe the overachiever three doors down who's always up at the crack of dawn; no matter what day it is. Doomsday or christmas - it doesn't matter with that chick.

"Where can I put my stuff?" Alex asked as he looked around my tiny apartment. I would like to say that it was spacious, well may for one or even two but certainly not three. But it's not like I had to worry about that.

I pointed towards the back where my bedroom and the guestroom was, "Back the-"

I covered my mouth and ran past Alex as fast as I could and made it to the bathroom in just the nick of time. I should've known that my morning sickness was coming since it hadn't yet today. It's always some time between six in the morning and two in the afternoon. Daily routine for the past few days now.

"Candy? Are you okay?" By the time Alex came to check in on me, I had already flushed the toilet and was in the process of brushing my teeth. "Oh, morning sickness?"

"Yeah, it's a part of the whole 'being pregnant' thing," I rolled my eyes and twirled my toothbrush as I turned my head back towards the mirror. In the reflection of the mirror I saw Alex lean against the doorframe and nod his head. "So... What's up?"

Keep the conversation light and cool, breezy even. Not.

"Well, you see, there's this girl and... She kind of threw me for a curveball recently," it was my turn to nod my head nonchalantely. "But don't worry, its all good. Being a dad just another adventure, right?"

I smiled. Alex really was taking this good; maybe that's why he hadn't slept on the plane. I spit in the sink and wiped my mouth before turning around and wrapping my arms around Alex's neck. All my anger at him had vanished completely as I pressed my lips to his. (Because let's be honest this candle never burned out.)
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah! That was a nice five month break, eh?
-humor is not my strongest ability.
Sorry, so sorry!
<3