Sequel: Enlightenments

Acknowledgements

The Strange Stones

"God, I hate my father! Ugh....I just want to go and check out the world, but instead I have to stay here to take care of his stupid dragon! For what......I mean, it's not like he can't take care of HIS DRAGON!!!" Kikyo rants as she walks down a hallway. Suddenly, she walks into Murtagh.

"What's up, Kikyo?" Murtagh asks, smiling.

"Galbatroix....he....he...oh, Murtagh! I'm just so sick of him overworking me! He just has no-" Kikyo stops when Murtagh places a finger against her mouth.

"Shh.. Kikyo, you should know not to talk like that in the hallways....your father will-" Murtagh begins, but stops when he hears Galbatorix's booming voice.

"KIKYO!!!" Galbatorix shouts. They both flinch at the sound of his voice.

"Now you've done it. He's going to kill you now." Murtagh says, shaking his head.

"KIKYO!!!! GET OVER HERE!!!" Galbatorix commands. Kikyo slowly walks toward where Galbatorix's dragon is. When she gets there, she notices something.

"Hey, girl How are you doing?" Kikyo asks the dragon. "What's wrong?" She asks as she goes to the stall, and lowers down to the ground. She sees that there's a black orb like thing next to the dragon. "Can I see it?" Kikyo asks.

*Sure. Just be careful.* The dragon says with a serious look on her face. Kikyo slowly picks up the stone, and walks out with it.

"Wow. What a beautiful stone." Kikyo says, looking at it with admiration.

*Come here, Kikyo.* The dragon says.

"What is it?" Kikyo asks.

*Take this with you as well.* The dragon says, pushing yet another stone out from behind her.

"Okay." Kikyo says in a confused voice.

*And hide them well. Don't let Galbatorix know that you have them.* The dragon says, looking at Kikyo with serious eyes.

"Why?" Kikyo asks in a quiet voice.

*You'll see soon.* The dragon says as she lays down. Kikyo puts the black and red stones in her bag. *See you tomorrow, and take care of them until the time is right.* The dragon says as she smiles.

"Okay." Kikyo says as she pulls the bag with the stones onto her back, and runs out of the barn type thing, heading toward Murtagh's room. Just before she gets there, she's stopped by Morzan.

"What's going on, young one?" Morzan questions.

"I'm going to talk to Murtagh." Kikyo says as she shuffles her feet.

"Are you done with your chores?" Morzan questions. Kikyo nods.

"Yes. I just got done. I'm going to study with Murtagh. You know the Ancient Language assignment you have us is due tomorrow." Kikyo says, looking at the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here's the first chapter of my Eragon fan fiction story...
Peace!!
KcA